Greetings from a new member

kyussinchains
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I just found out recently that the bank charges may be illegal and I could claim them back, this could help immensely as I'm falling into the 'bank charges mean I can't afford my bills, which mean I incur more charges' trap.... I've been with HSBC for 15 years, and I think it's finally time to do something about my finances

I've had a good look around the forum, but there doesn't seem to be a step-by-step guide anywhere (or at least one that's easy to find) the FAQs are very helpful, but I'm unfamiliar with much of the terminology and legal speak.

I'm basically looking for some hand holding with liberal application of sock puppets and slow nodding :)

All the best

Hello there, welcome to CAG. With a sense of humour like yours, you should do well here!

I'm not quite sure myself because I don't use those forums. While you wait for someone in the know, here's a link to the HSBC forum in case it helps.

I hope you get your finances by the scruff of the neck and find life easier once you've sorted them.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi kyussinchains,

and a big welcome to the great community of CAG.

I think you are going to have to do some reading if you think that Bank Charges are "illegal".

Bank Charges are crippling to the vulnerable, but they are not illegal.

Read the HSBC judgement from the Test Case here ............good bedtime reading!

The banks don't care how long you have been with them, just how much money they can bleed from you!

Start a thread in the HSBC Forum here and peeps will be able to advise you.

It may be worth doing an Income and Expenditure sheet to account for all your money coming in and going out.

Sequencis blog on Debt is a very good read here

Good luck, your on the first step in fighting back.

• Haha 1

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

The above post has been reported for breaking Forum rules..............goodbye.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!