Developments the day before an ET!!!!! *************Won********* ******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me Ill fight things just because theyre wrong. Im not one to suffer injustice easily.

Good thing too. It seems that people are having to stand up for themselves more and more, even though we are told we are living in a fairer society. Duh!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a little petty, but Im going to take HUGE delight in rubbing this in a few peoples faces who said it was my fault I got fired and I should have just accepted it. Petty I know, but the relief after the sheer amount of time and suffering its caused means Im gonna have a little pleasure at last lol

Its a little petty, but Im going to take HUGE delight in rubbing this in a few peoples faces who said it was my fault I got fired and I should have just accepted it. Petty I know, but the relief after the sheer amount of time and suffering its caused means Im gonna have a little pleasure at last lol

I always consider walking away without a fight but I rarely do because it really is better to fight and lose than be walked over.

There are those who try to rationalise timidity or even cowardice by passing it off as some sort of philosophical wisdom. Underneath it all, however, they are often quite cynical and bitter.

I remember a post from man writing on that SarEl redundancy forum which said "Don't be afraid. Tell the truth. You can win." and really that is the spirit, innit?

Well I should have known it wasnt going to be as easy as that.

After the former employer telling me in a phonecall the settlement would be recieved today, not a penny has hit my account.

Ive emailed them and they are now saying they only said to 'check my account today' not that it would actually be int today.

Wouldnt be a problem if I hadnt already made agreements with a couple of creditors to pay off outstanding amounts at a discounted rate today. Payments that if not kept to will revert back to the higher amount due because Ill have missed the agreed payment date.

Not a happy bunny.

Ive told them Ill be passing the extra charges back to them, but I have a funny feeling theyll just say the written terms of the agreement require payment by the 14th, whatever theyve said after that doesnt matter tiddly squat.

Oh I did, and didnt lay out any money, but I did expect them to keep their word.

I at least have an email from then admitting they told me to go and check my account today which at the very least shows they did say it would go in today.

At least Ill have that as proof if I have to file against them to pay any extra amounts that I have to pay by missing this date today.

I imagine they are hurriedly taking advice at the moment as Ive told them Ill be filing against them again If I have to pay more due to them not keeping to their word.

Oh I did, and didnt lay out any money, but I did expect them to keep their word.

I at least have an email from then admitting they told me to go and check my account today which at the very least shows they did say it would go in today.

At least Ill have that as proof if I have to file against them to pay any extra amounts that I have to pay by missing this date today.

I imagine they are hurriedly taking advice at the moment as Ive told them Ill be filing against them again If I have to pay more due to them not keeping to their word.

This stinks Hhh. Is there any way you can explain to creditors that you have been let down and get the discounted rate anyway?

I dont know. I havent spoken to them as yet.

Ive just had an email from them saying theyll try and get it sorted today, but no promises.

Thing I dont get is that they said last week that they will sort it for today to be included as part of the pay run for their other employees right, but theyve just said they only said to check my account today, that that wasnt meant to mean it would be in today.

Ok thats possible, if unlikely.

But in this new email she said theyd try to do it today, but that they had it scheduled for submitting to my account on 12th, to be in by the cut off date of the agreemend which was the 14th. Why didnt they just tell me that last week so I didnt go and arrange payments on the initial date they gave me!!

I dont know. I havent spoken to them as yet.

Ive just had an email from them saying theyll try and get it sorted today, but no promises.

Thing I dont get is that they said last week that they will sort it for today to be included as part of the pay run for their other employees right, but theyve just said they only said to check my account today, that that wasnt meant to mean it would be in today.

Ok thats possible, if unlikely.

But in this new email she said theyd try to do it today, but that they had it scheduled for submitting to my account on 12th, to be in by the cut off date of the agreemend which was the 14th. Why didnt they just tell me that last week so I didnt go and arrange payments on the initial date they gave me!!

Tell the creditors your position. I am sure they will believe you. This is really annoying but it will all come right in a few days.

One of them shouldnt be a problem, but the other may be an entirely different matter. Ive already messed them around something chronic over the last 6-8 months, and was seizing on this chance to settle it all in one go. The go between guy between the wife (they are both her debts that Ive assumed responsibility of payment for) has really been a diamond for us and I cant stomach the thought of having to let him down again, even though its not our fault.

One of them shouldnt be a problem, but the other may be an entirely different matter. Ive already messed them around something chronic over the last 6-8 months, and was seizing on this chance to settle it all in one go. The go between guy between the wife (they are both her debts that Ive assumed responsibility of payment for) has really been a diamond for us and I cant stomach the thought of having to let him down again, even though its not our fault.

You are not letting him down, it is beyond your control at the moment. He will understand that, I am sure. Hell! It's only money not high treason or nuffink>

Yeah. but the two deals Ive made include reductions to the tune of about £600, so I really dont want to wind up having to pay that on top. Ive told the employer Im going to send the invoices to them if that happens.

Yeah. but the two deals Ive made include reductions to the tune of about £600, so I really dont want to wind up having to pay that on top. Ive told the employer Im going to send the invoices to them if that happens.

You may have a case there but I suppose it all depends on the wording of the agreement. The amount in question is substantial so I think it would be in your interests to explain, if you cannot settle today. Your only recourse might be to pressure the creditor to extend the original agreement. I am sure that they have made money on the debt anyway and, if you are diplomatic, you just might be able to get this sorted out, despite the employer's slackness.

Well Im going to give it a couple of hours and see if the ex employer comes up with the goods like theyve said theyll try to do. If Ive not heard form them by 2, maybe 3 then I think Ill have to start getting into diplomacy mode to the creditors. I wonder if theyll be interested in contacting the employer to tell them I owe them money and they want it lol

Well Im going to give it a couple of hours and see if the ex employer comes up with the goods like theyve said theyll try to do. If Ive not heard form them by 2, maybe 3 then I think Ill have to start getting into diplomacy mode to the creditors. I wonder if theyll be interested in contacting the employer to tell them I owe them money and they want it lol

Well they could call the employer but I doubt if they would be given any information. Good luck with it all and keep smiling or grimacing if that is the best you can manage.

Well its not bad news for me lol.

I got my settlement eventually. Theyve cocked up tho and paid me it twice!! HAHAHA!!! I think theyre gonna be firing someone else soon!!!

Oh what a farce! Offer them a tenner a week and hear them scream.!

Rachel is right about not spending it though.

May the force be with you and may you never hear from the bu**ers again.

Interesting .......... !!!

Personally, I would write a letter and send it by snail mail.......... no really, put a post it note on the back of a snail and instruct the snail to its destination. Thus you intend to return the money... and you cannot be blamed that the snail got squashed on the road to the ex employer!!

but don't spend the money, they will want it back, pity the interest rates are so crap at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Ok so heres the situation now. The wife went and decided to use the extra money to pay off our car insurance and the last of household bills and didnt tell me first.

Not really arsed, but hey I would rather she hadnt.

Still, anyway, I got a letter about three weeks back asking me to pay it back within a week.

Ive heard nothing since.

Il offer to pay it back at a reasonable sum a month if they take any action but Im thinking since theyve admitted screwing up my chances of gaining full time employment, they dont really have any legs to stand on to demand a higher repayment, thats assuming that they actually do bother to try and pursue since I imagine till cost them to do it, especially since its their own cock up

Ok so heres the situation now. The wife went and decided to use the extra money to pay off our car insurance and the last of household bills and didnt tell me first.

Not really arsed, but hey I would rather she hadnt.

Still, anyway, I got a letter about three weeks back asking me to pay it back within a week.

Ive heard nothing since.

Il offer to pay it back at a reasonable sum a month if they take any action but Im thinking since theyve admitted screwing up my chances of gaining full time employment, they dont really have any legs to stand on to demand a higher repayment, thats assuming that they actually do bother to try and pursue since I imagine till cost them to do it, especially since its their own cock up

Ooops! Not quite what I had hoped for but I am confident that you can handle the repayment negotiations.