Registration certificate - change of address - how difficult can that be?

scabro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the beginning of May this year we have moved to the new property and sent our registration documents to DVLA to update the address.

After about 2 weeks we both received our Registration certificates back, but what we've found out was that they've added 1 registered keeper to each one.

I called DVLA and they said to send the documents back outlining what needs to be changed. The lady on the phone said to send both documents together in one envelope - and so we did.

After another 2 weeks we received my wife's Registration certificate back - without any changes being made - there are still 5 registered keepers (where it should say 4).

It's been 5 days since my wife's RC came back, but I still haven't received mine.

I tried to call DVLA several times, but all I get is the answer phone saying that their lines are busy and to call back later.

I'm really frustrated as I don't really know whether they've lost my documents or what else could happen.

Anyone knows what else can I do in this situation?

I also had this problem on my ex wifes car, fortunately for me I returned the document and explained what the problem was and got it back with the correct details. I feel that dealing with the DVLA is a bit of a hit and miss affair. I would not bother with the phone calls but write keeping copies and email them with the letter as well.