morgage arrears i have to go to court help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a court case on the 27 july.Regarding morgage arrears I am petrified,incase they take my house from me.I owe about £2000.I did have a arrangement with yorkshire bank.But couldnt keep to it.They wanted £100 every week.I only had £200 comming in.By the the time i bought food payed my gas electric Had nothing hardly left.Plus i Have been with them 10 years it only this last year i have had trouble paying them.I lst my job which was full time.Now i only work 7hours a week.Cant find work anywere.And i have to get a light job because of my back.Has anyone any idea what will happen? Its the fist time i have had to go to court.And i feel like i am going to have a nervers brackdown i am that frightened. :( Anybody help me please? I amin debt with other things to like coucil tax,Water rates tv licence.And others too.Please help????

Hi there, try not to get into a panic - let's see what can be done to help.

If you only work 7 hours a week, are you claiming all the benefits you can ?

How much is the normal monthly mortgage payment ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

its £50 per week.I had a 3 deaths in the family and i turned to drink.It all got out of hand.I couldnt handle it anymore..I am crying my eyes out typing this I dont no what to do.They BANK WANTED £100 a week of me.I couldnt do it.I made a few payment but fell back onto the alcahol again.Its just got out of hand.I told them i couldnt afford this but they insisted i payed it.I even unpluged my phone because they rang and rang.They didnt want to no.Now i ma at my witts end.I owe in total my morgage is £20 grand.Its only this last 12 mths i have got behind.Never misses a payment till then,The worst of it is my husband doesnt no.He would leave me if i told him.

Is the mortgage only in your name ? does your husband not contribute to the mortgage ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, so I take it the mortgage is only in your name? The first thing you need to do is complete a budget sheet so we can get an idea of exactly how your finances are. I have affixed one to this post - it calculates automatically as you fill it in. It's obvious you can't pay an extra £50 per week towards the arrears and given your income the court will not expect you to pay that. Let me know when you have done the budget sheet and then we'll see what can be done.

Budget Sheet.xls

It is a joint account.I also have my son living with me who cant claim jobseekers.as he left his last jobBecause of his diabeties..So we have to keep him too.As he cant any money anywere.

Hi there, so I take it the mortgage is only in your name? The first thing you need to do is complete a budget sheet so we can get an idea of exactly how your finances are. I have affixed one to this post - it calculates automatically as you fill it in. It's obvious you can't pay an extra £50 per week towards the arrears and given your income the court will not expect you to pay that. Let me know when you have done the budget sheet and then we'll see what can be done.

Hi i will fill this later today. thank you very much xxxxxxxxxx