BT help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My nightmare with B.T. started last November 2010 when i made a general enquiry about ordering broadband & telephone from bt,the sales guy wanted me to set up a direct debit,i asked for what he said for your order-what order i said i just wanted some price information,he took some details from me and said he would keep my enquiry active for 7 days after this time if i didn't act it would be scrapped - i didn't act so forgot all about it

then in Febuary 2011 i recieved a bill from bt for £130.44, i contacted bt i got a call centre in India,i asked to speak to a manager-who told me that i had ordered broadband and telephone ,he said he had listened to the recording,i said i never ordered anything - he told me to pay the bill -

i hung up,then on April 18 2011 i got another bill for £223.31 i rang bt and i refused to pay as i said i do not have an account with bt,they have generated a telephone number for me and a broadband account,then on the 19 April 2011 they sent me a final bill for wait for it £0.00 and saying sorry you are leaving bt,

then on the 1st June 2011 i recieved a letter from a debt collection agency acting on behalf of bt who said i have 7 days to pay £279.14 or they would be taking legal - proceeding against me charming i thought, now lets not forget the property i have live in is a 1 bedroom council flat,their where no bt phone sockets in the property,so if you have no phone sockets you have no phone line or a broadband connection !!

bt informed me that a package with the modem and filters was delivered to my address and that i had signed for the package on the 15/11/2010,when i did not move into the property till the 22/11/2010 baffling !! and on the 24/11/2010 i had virginmedia doing the instalation for me cable broadband & telephone,so just how does one have an account with bt,does any one no if i can claim compensation for all the stress and phone calls & letter writing i have made to good old bt,their old advert used to say people are coming back to us hundreds every day,well i think any body in their right mind should avoid bt full stop.

Hi cat

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Thread moved.

Their are quite a lot of things you can do, but it might be a good idea to send a SAR, requesting all the communication you've had with them including phone logs, etc. Then send a complaint to the company (CEO) and then OFCOM depending on how you get on.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/distance-selling-regulations/

We had a problem with BT when renewing our contract a few years ago which involved including a mobile phone with the broadband and house phone. After a week we received a bill for £143 for the mobile. The default settings meant it was always connected to the internet! at thei point I hadn't even used the phone as I was still reading the user guide. I went through the process of phoning but not getting very far. Then I used the internet to find out who the directors were, including the Chairman, and sent an identical polite recorded delivery letter to each, together with details of all conversations and the problem. The next day I had a call from the Chairman's office and a talk with a very pleasant chap who had beed assigned to fix it for me. All fixed within a few days and the charge rescinded. Just remember to be factual and polite. Good luck