Credit Resolution Help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife cancelled her Gym membership verbally a few months ago, the Gym in question wouldn't accept this without a written letter. Fair point as the contract called for this. Anyway, a company called Credit Resolution have got involved, a DCA. My wife accepts that she owes the gym money for not cancelling in the correct manner. She emailed the DCA in question and asked for their bank details so she could pay.

The DCA informed her that should she wish to set up a Direct Debit it would cost her an extra thirty pounds and 2.50 each transaction. Similar amounts if she chose to pay by standing order !!!!!!!!

We have decided to go to war on this now, it would add to the original debt which is not actually owned by the DCA, they are merely collecing on behalf of the Gym.

The debt is only £76 in total, plus their £65 collection charge.

Many thanks in advance.

Any suggestions? I'm in favour of telling them to get stuffed as she's offered to pay ?

Hi Stitchedup.

I would ignore the DCA entirely.

They have no right to make Collection Charges, nor should they make admin charges to pay by direct internet payment.

If you know the amount you must pay is £76, write to the Gym's HO and send them a cheque in full and final settlement of the debt.

Tell them that you will not deal with the DCA as they are trying to add unlawful and/or unfair penalty and admin charges.

Send this by Recorded Delivery and send the DCA a copy of the letter.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)