Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bet you're in X and the agency is xxxx. You're giving away too many details over t' Internet. (Mods: just to prove my point)

Edited by ims21
Company name removed for reasons of confidentiality.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you're in X and the agency is xxxx. You're giving away too many details over t' Internet. (Mods: just to prove my point)

I'm not quite sure of your point, san_d, but as this could go to ET I have removed the name of the company.

HB

Edited by ims21

Illegitimi non carborundum

Not sure of your point either

You put the fax number of your agency in your post. Even an idiot like me could google the number and get that information. If I was the agency I wouldn't like company details splattered all over the net.

You put the fax number of your agency in your post. Even an idiot like me could google the number and get that information. If I was the agency I wouldn't like company details splattered all over the net.

Well Thankyou for taking the time to sit and google that then putting the information up on the site , much appreciated.

Super helpful actually, I've just quoted that at them and I am now getting paid Friday!!! Thanks!!

:!: Wow!

I'm really really pleased both that you're getting paid and that I said something that helped! (I nearly didn't bother because it seemed to be not that helpful)

I've applied or a job via ujm as a office junior. Got this email back:

Thank you for application for employment with Morgan Thomas Recruitment

Whilst your application and CV is assessed by our recruitment team please could you take 5 minutes to update your details using the following link. You will need to answer a few questions and upload your CV onto the database. This way your application will be added to the systems that we use for our recruitment purposes.

Click Here

Thanks for your time, if you are successfully chosen for the next stage of our recruitment process one of the team will contact you within 7 working days to arrange a face to face interview therefore please ensure all your contact details are correct using the above link.

Recruitment Team

Morgan Thomas Recruitment

When I click here it takes me to cv library, when I search than me there is no office junior job!! Am I missing something!!

This is what I (would) do:

1) If I have found a job on the UJM website and I have to apply to make my advisor happy, I just click on the "Apply" button and forget. I don't have to reapply again for the same job, it's up to the agency/employer to fill my data into their database. That's what they are paid for.

2) If I have found a job on the UJM website and I am really interested in that job, I google the agency/employer and apply directly on their website. There are more chances that my data go directly into their books from their website than just sending an email, which might end up in their spam filter.

Disclaimer: this is not legal advice, just my personal experience.

"We sent out the attached Mailer in the post a couple of weeks ago detailing the payroll deadlines and paydates.

Due to the 2 bank holidays this week payments will credit your account on Monday 31st Jan "

Nothing was received. Surely they can't just decide to pay me late?

Do you actually mean Mon 31 January, or is that a typo?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I was wondering the same?

Must of been a typo on their part I guess. It makes no sense to me that they managed to pay us correctly last week but not this week . Interestingly I've had my payslip today which states payment was made today, which it obviously wasn't.

Do they pay you by BACS? Could be that if they made the transfer today, it will take 3 working days to clear in your account.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops: