Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's complete rubbish. If it shows on your bank statements, regardless of whether it shows as JSA (IB) (It will probably show as DWP) and your income is below the threshold then they should be able to assess your claim. Local Authority benefits are not dependant on whether or not someone receives an income based benefit.

The regulations: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/uksi_20060215_en.pdf

My advice is to get your MP onto it. You will need to do this in any case if you plan going to the ombudsmun.

Best wishes

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enter your postcode here and it will tell you who your MP is: MP (TheyWorkForYou.com)

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

well this is the problem i was never sent an award notice from te Job Centre. I asked about it and kept being told i'd get it in the post which i never did. I gave up asking in the end. I told the council i have my JSA signing on book and bank statements which clearly show JSA payments have gone in. They told me they wouldnt accept this and needed the ETD form from the job centre to proove i am in payment....

As ErikaPNP has said, your LA is talking complete nonsense, they do not require the award notice if you have bank statements showing the payment of JSA (IB). The payment of JSA will show on your statements as your NI number followed by DWP followed by JSA, e.g AB123456C DWP JSA.

Also the LA are able to check on CIS what benefit you receive as well as contacting your BDC (Benefit Delivery Centre) to verify the information. You will have already given your consent to this.

Part 8 para 72 CTB Regulations states

72.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2) and to paragraph 4 of Schedule A1(a) (treatment of claims for council tax

benefit by refugees), a person who makes a claim, or a person to whom council tax benefit has been awarded,

shall furnish such certificates, documents, information and evidence in connection with the claim or the

award, or any question arising out of the claim or the award, as may reasonably be required by the relevant

authority in order to determine that person’s entitlement to, or continuing entitlement to council tax benefit

(a) See the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit (Consequential Provisions) Regulations 2006 (S.I. 2006/217), regulation 7 and Schedule

4, paragraph 3 for regulation 7A and Schedule A1 (claims by refugees).

and shall do so within 4 weeks of being required to do so or such longer period as the relevant authority may

consider reasonable.

Too many staff in the benefit section of LA's are not comrehensively trained enough to know the rules and regulations and wghat constitutes evidence of benefit.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

well im gonna go to the CAB tomorrow to see if theyll listen to them cos whenevr i say any of this i get told something different everytime i go in!!!

Im convinced when they interview these people they are asked "are you a retard"

sooooo acas have rang me today saying they want to make an offer "as a good will gesture and they think they have a strong defense" this being theyve said i signed a contract saying they can take money for tll shortages/stock which i didnt and i was given a "welcome letter" which said the same whic i didnt. So it boils down to who will the tribunal beleive and i could always walk away with nothing.

Opinions please?????????

Ive said ill let em know tomorra

Hi, I don't know anything about CAB representing you but I represented myself in ET 3 weeks ago. The case was adjourned for 3 weeks and we go back tomorrow..When I got to the ET everyone else had a solicitor, but this is a free service and if you feel that you are right, then go for it and represent yourself, after all, you've got nothing to lose.When preparing for the ET you will be asked to submit a witness statement (basically stating your case), just make sure you get all incidents and facts date carrect, and then double check as well.Good luck

Hi, I don't know anything about CAB representing you but I represented myself in ET 3 weeks ago. The case was adjourned for 3 weeks and we go back tomorrow..When I got to the ET everyone else had a solicitor, but this is a free service and if you feel that you are right, then go for it and represent yourself, after all, you've got nothing to lose.When preparing for the ET you will be asked to submit a witness statement (basically stating your case), just make sure you get all incidents and facts date carrect, and then double check as well.Good luck

did mthey make you like stand up in a dock or anything??lol

just recieved this. Suprised i got a reply so fast.

"Dear Ms Rhodes

Thank you for your message. I was most concerned to note your experience.

Would you like me to take this up with Jobcentre Plus?

Please could you provide me with your National Insurance number - I will be

willing to make representations on your behalf.

Best wishes.

Louise Ellman

MP Liverpool Riverside"

SOOOO

been in th CAB all day she rang the council to find out exactly what they need. Then the job centre to find out why they havnt done it. The job centre are supposedly sending me proof of benefits. So when i got in i found a lovely council tax bill for the last two months. whic i shouldnt be getting. So i had to go te council for the 5th time this week. Lucky for me i actually got a woman who gave a **** and knew what she was doing. She said the job centre have FINALLY sent the EDT (whatever that is) today. hmm wonder if the mp getting on to them and the CAB has anyhting to do with there speedy sending of the form. She told me to ignore the bill as they only got the edt today. she also showed me the system which showed how much im geting payed in aug and she worked it out soo im now on the full benefit and got the back pay.

yes kind of . you have to swear on oath and after you read your statement the other side's solicitor cross examines you. Any way I lost ! but if I had won I coudn't have got the money anyway cos he's just dissolved the company. One thing though, he had a solicitor so had to pay him anyway,I didn't so nothing lost.

Well im sorry you lost.

Do u think it would be wise to get a solicitor? does anyone know if i can get legal aid for this seeing as im on the dole?

Im going to e mail a local solicitor anyhoo see what they say

im thinking im gonna fight cos hes having a bit of a lauh with the offer!!

Thanks,I guess it depends what your claim is worth whether you get a solicitor or not, and how strong your case is, nothing lost in enquiring though. I have spoken to 2 solicitors and had free advice on the phone, it's all helpful.

Im currently applying for volunteer office jobs. purely jst to get some experience and apply for some jobs/agency work.

Does anybody know if my jsa will be stopped if i do this?? s there minimum amount of ours you can do?

thanks

I asked the question when i was on JSA and they told me no provided it was with a registered charity.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

You can volunteer, in fact it's encouraged. There are a few rules. Basically, the work must be for a charity (you can't be doing a job that the employer would otherwise pay someone to do), you can't work for family members, and you must be available to start paid employment if you get an offer.

And of course, you must tell the Jobcentre what you're doing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 1 month later...

woops forgot to update this. so i declined the offer. They made snother a week before court which was a weeks wages and the money taken out for broken stock. which was what i wanted anyway as sated in m first letter to the manager! ACAS told me they had paid for a solicitor aswell:D

• 5 weeks later...

Basically i worked for a well know supermarket. I worked there for around 6 months. The place made me suicidle and in the end i walked out. when i worked there i never got my 1st wages. I was told several times a cheque is in the post. After two weeks i told them i hae bills topay so i want it out of the safe. They gave me it and told me to cash the cheque and then give them the money to put back in the safe. So then the area manager rings me up and accused me of theft!!!!!!!!!! So when the cheque cleared i payed it back. Then on the next pay day they had taken it again out of that months wages. So i ever got paid for the first month. After months of asking for it back and then my hours being cut i gave up. They would also have me in doing 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. I was never allowed a dinner break yet they always used to take the dinner break out of my wages. Most nights were there until 10pm but they only paid us until 8 so they were getting 3 hours a day work out of everybody for free. This was over two years ago so im aware theres nowt i can do now. Just trying to give you a general picture of the kind of people they are.

I have several facial piercings and was told at my intervie it was fine. I specificlly asked about this and told them if it was a problem i can take them out (im lucky they dont close over :D). Again she said this wasnt a problem. Around two months after startin the area manager marches over to me and shouts "get them out now" i told her no and that was the end of it. Around 3 months later i was in the office about to go on shift and she says to me "i dont know if you can work for us anymore with those things in your face" by this point id had enough and asked her if i should just leave she said "you can work your weekend shifts and ill speak to head office and let you know on monday" basically she had no time to get cover and wanted me to do her a favour before sacking me!!

so anyway (sorry for waffleing) I got another job and was put on emergancy tax. I asked the previous for my p60/p45 i was basically told to go away i also never got my last pay slip. I wrote to them several times andwas ignored. I went back to the store and there was a new manager. He took a note of my number and told me the area manager would phone me back. she never did. I went back in and was fobbed off again. In the meantime im still on emergancy tax.

I went the tax office about it and they were as useful as a chocolate fire guard! so i out in a complaint and was fobbed off. Afet going back three times to tax office i got somone who seemed intrested for a change. She said the previous job had told them i didnt pay any tax. Which i did it was on my payslips. unfortunatly i dont have any left because ive moved several times since. She also told me when i worked for kwik save they also hadnt told them about my tax etc. She said she would write to them both asking for all the info. Now as far as im aware neither have replied. The tax office wrote to them both over 1/12 years ago!!! so basically what can i do about it? im owed over 600 just for one job in emergancy tax!!! every job ive had since ive been on emergancy tax!!!:-x