door step collector

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

could some one please help???

last night at 7:10 a debt collector from Moorcroft knocked on my door! my 8 year old answered it! usually as a single parent i dont open my door after a certain time of night (i was a little cross with her) he asked for me by my full name and so she called me being caught off guard i told him that it was not a good time! and so he asked to come back this eve at 5 again i told him that this time of night isnt good still in a panic and in front of my child i agreed for him to come on Monday, however no time was actually agreed....what can i do??? can i just leave a note to say i do not wish to discuss this matter face to face and will contact Moorcroft in writing? or is there anything i can say or do to prevent this happening! i hate people i dont know knock at my door and will be looking out the window in future..........the debt is for Lloyds at 600

be grateful for any advice

xx

Have you got any paper work from Moorcroft, if so get a letter of RD post stating no home visit or phone calls

contact in writing only.

If he does turn up tell him the same and TELL HIM TO LEAVE preferably don' open the door speak through a window.

He has no right in Law at all.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

In the letter template there is one for doorstep calls. You do not have to accept them by law there is a right for people to ask directions - not applicable here but householder has a right to refuse entry or discussion as well. Between dawn and dusk it is trespass and dusk to dawn it is unlawful entry Hope this helps

Thank Casper, site doesn't like me posting links this afternoon.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks guys :)

i think i'll leave it on the door for him!!! i wasn't sure where i stood as i had actually spoke to him! and said he could come back Monday

silly me :/

Good you are in control on your own property, just remember he has no legal powers what so ever.

Moorcrofts DOORSTOP collector are usually self employed local people on commission.

hiya

its for Lloyds TSB but didnt state if it was for the over draft on my bank account or for their credit card

also it is from several years ago cant really remember when i stopped using them and switched to another bank... but i was being sensible and went with a debt management company only they were charging me and i ended up more broke at the end of the month so i stopped using them about a year ago and bit by bit have been trying to sort out my finances

I don't actually know and to be honest i have thrown out their letters!!

but i may just send this and see what their reply is if any.... a relative of mine sent letters to a company once asking them for original signed contract and never heard from them again! and i was told it was against the law for your personal details to be passed on to another company but i don't know how true this is!!

Once a debt has been defaulted the creditor can sell or assign it to ant licensed debt collector or debt purchase

company in case of a sale the total rights and obligations of the contract are transferred to the buyer, who can initiate

court action, if the debt is assigned for collection on behalf of the creditor the DCA cannot initiate court action

without leave from the creditor.

hiya

its for Lloyds TSB but didnt state if it was for the over draft on my bank account or for their credit card

also it is from several years ago cant really remember when i stopped using them and switched to another bank... but i was being sensible and went with a debt management company only they were charging me and i ended up more broke at the end of the month so i stopped using them about a year ago and bit by bit have been trying to sort out my finances

Hi tinks

If there is a credit card debt then you may well find that there are late payment and/or over limit fees on there which you could claim back with appropriate interest. This could have a big impact on the amount you owe.

ims