style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Get that over to the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards ASAP - it is against debt collecting guidelines to charge fees for sending doorstep collectors - £100 is EXCESSIVE - even the main mortgage companies are not allowed to charge that any more.

If you do not get that complaint in you are wasting your time posting on here.

hi im so angry have received a letter today saying despite our efforts to sort this ,what a laugh i have been trying for two months to get a payment plan with them .

they say they are sending a doorstep collector to my address between the 12th and 18th of august.,and have added another 100 to the balance.

Ive had the same chick, even when i have clear emails telling me twice that they have postponed that and will not charge... nope £200 onto my account!!! Daylight robbery!! Has anyone ever been visited?Does anyone have t&c handy... i cant find mine :(Tono

I usually go to the email us bit and go to faq? It used to lock me out sometimes too tho so i would reset my passkey and log in going all round my account until going to contact us. They dont reply on support@minicredit.... stupid to even have an email if a customer cannot contact you on it!! Farce!!

I got an email stating doorstep letters are automated and sent out yet my agrrement for 30 days postponement stands until another payment is mad.... yet they have just told me the £200 added to my account still stands!!!! I am fuming!!!!

They have just sent me this email.... can anybody make any sense of it? Ive added it up and it just doesnt add up whatsoever!!

Dear Toni Smith

1) You took out the loan for £600.00 on the 20th of May and chose the due date Yourself to be the 19th of June 2011

2) The first penalty of £25 was added on the 20th of June 2011

3) The second penalty of £55 was added on the 22nd of June 2011

4) Interest is 1% of the original loan amount per day in total £522.00

5) Attempt fees (when our system attempts to receive the funds from Your debit card) £3.00 per every empty attempt in total £222.00

6) Debt expense recovery cost of £100.00 that was added on the 30th overdue date when the matter was given to a doorstep collector.

We have received partly payment of £9.22 on the 28th of July

In total outstanding balance at the moment is £1514.78

Sorry confused... what does penalty mean? It really doesnt add up either and they didnt put on the £180 interest that is on top of the £600 and that the £9.22 was actually £10 before that processing fee taken off too... i had to do that rather than pay £5.50 out of it online and giving them access to my account... any advice on how to speak to OFT as when i phoned they werent very good.... how would i put it in writing?

These jokers have passed my account on to Frederickson International. I borrowed £100 of which I recieved £80. I have paid them £210 and they still say I owe £505.I told this DCA that I will not be paying anymore and that the account was in dispute. They have now sent me a letter I assume which is from minicredit with the list of charges. Interest-£151 Overdue Charges -£80 Debt Recovery Fee-£100 Attempt Fees-£284 Total - £715 -£210 which I have paid leaves £505. Are these charges illegal can anyone help?

• 3 months later...

hi an update my account has been passed to fredrickson international and my account stands at £816on a £100 pound loan. i have been on fredricksons website and emailed them to be told they cant accept my offer and to ring them .i dont want to ring and get into a confrontation .i have offered 5 months a month for now and have said im only paying £100 plus one months interest .any advice??

i have bit the bullet and rung them ,i have offered £10 a month and the lady said that will take ages to clear .i said well im not paying 816 pounds back just 100 plus i months interest .she said you are liable for all the costs and we cant do anything about the total now.i said o well maybe the courts would be better route to which she didnt reply.she then said you can pay today using a debit card your first payment i said no i will pay by bank transfer .she said that takes 10 days to get to us ha tough thats it or nothingso she gave me the bank details ,now shall i just pay monthly til ive paid 130 and then what .advice please

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i sent this letter to them today.What do you sugest i do now.To whom it may concernI took a loan with you earlier this month, on the 05th December 2011The loan was for £200.00, it didn’t state anywhere that you would charge me £20.00 for depositing into my bank account. As soon as I saw these charges I emailed you through your website and stated that I would like to express my right to cancel citing the 14 day cooling off period. (this was on the day of deposit 05/12/2011) and that the loan amount of £200.00 would be paid by the 23/12/2011I also stated that I did not authorise for you to contact me by telephone, on my mobile or work, or by post but you can contact me by my email address.I have never received a response to this email.Today I had a text telling me that my loan due date is 23rd December.I asked you to call me to discuss. A rude lady contacted me, I advised her that I had cancelled my agreement with you and that I would send a cheque or postal order for the balance on 23rd of December. She said my right to cancel wasn’t valid as I did not make immediate payment. I advised her that I had cancelled my debit card and I would make a payment of the loan amount only by cheque or postal order, She told me that you would only accept payment by debit card and I would need to give her the details today. At this point I hung up.Once again I emailed you through your website telling you that I have cancelled my agreement with you, also if I cancelled straight away the agreement means nothing and isn’t legal. So as a result neither are there interest chargesI also sent a copy of your cancellation policy as stated in your loan agreement paperwork. (see highlighted below) Cancellation11. You have the right to cancel this Agreement under the Financial Services (Distance Marketing)Regulations 2004 ('the Distance Regulations'). You will have 14 days from the date this Agreementis made to cancel the Agreement 'the Cancellation Period'). The Cancellation Period commenceson the day that you receive an electronic copy of this Agreement at the e-mail address provided byyou, which you agree we may deliver this Agreement to in electronic pdf form. If you wish to cancelthis Agreement, please write to support @ minicredit . co.uk and tell us that you wish to cancel. Youmay also give us notice of cancellation by:

• 4 months later...

I had a loan with them for £150. In 2 months the balance was just short of £800. I tried the payment plan thing, but as you all already know, there is no payment plan with this firm. I ended up calling them and paying £450 over the phone by asking for a settlement figure. When you call make sure you ask for a settlement figure.

Write to them and DEMAND them for a FULL breakdown of the debt. It is impossible for any loan to almost quintuple in amount in the space of 8 weeks without there being a lot of unfair charges happening.

You also should NEVER call them by phone, and also NEVER pay by phone. They could easily call back in a few months and say that youve never paid them anything, and the person you did pay was unauthorised to speak to you. Only ever deal with them in writing, either by email (not webform) or recorded delivery mail.

Minicredit are one of the worst PDL's around right now. It will take dogged persistance and determination to get through it, but thts what we are here for. Pretty much everyone on this site has been in serious debt or has vast experience with situations like this.

One side note: Make sure you report your debit card as stolen if they have the details, and if you set up any Direct Debits with them, cancel them ASAP. If they have your bank details, they WILL use them and take whatever they can get.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D