Uregent Help needed with Hamtons/Red/Lowell clan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post.

A long story, but will make it a brief as possible.

Had 2 credit cards

Capital 1 taken out 2003 via internet balance 4713.40 and now sold to Hamptons/red/Lowell according to them. not responded to this debt. I do actually have the approval letter they sent me , i think I must have signed a credit agreement and returned to them and I have a copy of the credit agreement unsigned that they sent me.

Also Vanquis not sure when taken out but also via internet - also according to the above clan bought out by them.balance was 986.98 Think I made a mistake in arranging to pay them 10 a month last Oct as they scared me. so paid 4 months , so balance now 946.98, then lost my job through depression so Direct debits were cancelled. Have I shot myself in the foot?

last letter says applying for CCj's etc or deductions from wage!!! I'm on benefits at the moment. Do i ask for copy of cca or am I best going for repayment of over limit fees etc can anyone help please

Honestly not sure where to start but I am sick of being bullied by these companies and their threats.

You guys have given me the inspirataion to fight the bu**ers back

Oh and I am now at the stage with vanquis that I have to reply to them in the next 2 days or they will take me to court for CCJ or serve a statutory demand upon me and petition for bankruptcy ????

Edited by lewte

was there a period of 6yrs where you had no financial transactions?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unfortunately No. It got to the stage where the payments I could make were not enough to cover the charges. so I stopped paying. It felt like I was wasting my time.

Edited by lewte

Do you have any assets?

If you are in rented property and on benefits it is unlikely they will take you to court and extremely unlikely they will go for a statutory demand (bankruptcy.)

The court would only allow a payment of whatever your disposable income is anyway, and it sounds like you do not have any.

I would send them the template letter on here and offer them £1 per month to be reviewed in six months when the situation may have improved, if they want to waste their time taking you to small court, and then let them they will get no more, which is why they will not.

Rosy

• Confused 1

sounds like you need to get reclaiming!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I do have my own house and i'm not too far off retiring. no savings tho and no pensions or anything

Can anyone give me any advice as I have never done this before. Do I ask the Credit Card company or Hamptons who have bought it for the list and do they have to stop chasing and threatening me whilst it is in despute.

Not to go into too much detail I had a nervous break down last year and I'm just starting to feel "Normal" ha ha again. and started looking for work. But this is upsetting me

Edited by lewte
typo

Hi

If you don't have ALL your statements from Cap1 and Vanquis you will need to send them a Subject Access Request (SAR). The letter for this is in the library (top left) Once you have the statements, you will be able to work out what has been charged in overlimit/late payment charges. Send a £10 postal order to each creditor. Don't send to Lowells

I assume both debts are with Lowells. If so, send them TWO CCA requests (also in the library)-one for each debt. They have 12+2 working days to respond. Highly unlikely they will respond within the timescale but that will give you time for the SAR to come back.

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you silverfox I have just found them.

I received a letter from hamptons this morning offering me 50% discount or £40 a month on the Capital1 debt and threatening doorstep visits and court. So I am sending them a doorstep letter too. Should they all be in seperate envelopes and would it be worth sending a doorstep letter for the Vanquis debt too while I'm at it.

Sorry to be a pain. Once I've learned the ropes I'm going after Halifax next. That was under the £500 limit until I was sick in November it now stands at £705 they have sent me a default notice and they know my situation!!! They have agreed to stop chasing me for now and will reassess it in November.

Again thank you so much for your help.

whoeeee

if they are offering a discount

then they have trouble

its either unenforceable paperwork

or

its all PPI/Unlawful charges

dont pay them a penny ignore them.

they will never go near court

there you go

they've played their cards...they had none - just trying to fleece you.

dx

and they

whoeeee

if they are offering a discount

then they have trouble

its either unenforceable paperwork

or

its all PPI/Unlawful charges

dont pay them a penny ignore them.

Thanks dx

is their a forum for Vanquis?

they will never go near court

there you go

they've played their cards...they had none - just trying to fleece you.

dx

What is the issue with the Halifax?

As regards ignoring them, only you can make that decision, but consider in your first post you said Vanquis were 2 days away from going for a CCJ or bankruptcy if you didn't respond and now look what they've done. They lie to scare you into paying, simple as that.

Hi Tingy

Ill Start a new thread for Halifax also Where would I start a thread for Vanquis ??

Not only that but I have this thread and one titled Cap1 both discussing my Cap1 alledged debt. Does anyone know who I contact to get them merged ???

Hi Tingy

Ill Start a new thread for Halifax also Where would I start a thread for Vanquis ??

Not only that but I have this thread and one titled Cap1 both discussing my Cap1 alledged debt. Does anyone know who I contact to get them merged ???

Hit the triangle at the bottom of a post and send a message to Site Team asking them to merge the relevant threads Ideally stick to one thread per debt/issue

ims