Vodafone mobile charging for UK incoming calls?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has a vodafone mobile on contract with a monthly call limit. He has been keeping within his limit by calling his girlfriend's landline. She then immediately calls him back so that she pays for the calls. However, he has just discovered that he is apparently being charged for these calls - over £200 (his is a 17 year old schoolboy). Is it possible that the Vodafone line has remained open after he has pushed the 'end call' button on his phone, so that an incoming call from the number he has just called is read as a continuation of the original outgoing one? It's the only explanation we can think of. Has anyone else come across this? We are talking to Vodafone, but no progress so far

it could be possible to have 2 lines open..

like i call you, then put u on hold and call person 2 (or receive a call)

i have this feature on my iphone4.

so in theory yes he could still have a open line going to 1 number.

at the same time receiving a call from a 2nd...

however if i call you on your phone.. and say call me back..

you would have to hang up and call me.

then i could only have 1 active call..

thats how mine works anyway

My son has a vodafone mobile on contract with a monthly call limit. He has been keeping within his limit by calling his girlfriend's landline. She then immediately calls him back so that she pays for the calls. However, he has just discovered that he is apparently being charged for these calls - over £200 (his is a 17 year old schoolboy). Is it possible that the Vodafone line has remained open after he has pushed the 'end call' button on his phone, so that an incoming call from the number he has just called is read as a continuation of the original outgoing one? It's the only explanation we can think of. Has anyone else come across this? We are talking to Vodafone, but no progress so far

Hi Alison Absolute,

It's disappointing to hear that you're unhappy with how matters have been handled so far here.

In addition to mr2mr2's reply could you clarify whether the charges you've mentioned are for one or more calls?

If you'd like the Web Relations Team to take a closer look at this you're welcome to email us the details of the account in question by following the contact details in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To enable us to make sure it's received could you update the thread with this and we'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK