BB v British Gas and advantis credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a nice begging letter this morning from advantis credit re: British Gas final bill. I knew there was a small bill, but not the amount they were asking for!

After choking on my coffee I called BG because almost £100 for six weeks of gas is rather a lot, I thought.

I was changing my lecky and gas accounts to BG but swalec wouldn't release the lecky one 'cos it had a small oustanding amount caused by monthly D/D being averaged out over a 12 month period (I'm now over £20 in credit which they refuse to give back!)(glad I'm staying with swalec now as BG are putting up their prices already).

Anyhoo, called BG to ask if they seriously think my gas usage could be almost £1000 pa. This was ESTIMATED so I asked how could they possibly know what my usage was! After much speaking over each other, the BG CSA agreed to actual meter readings 1 week appart provided by me will allow them to produce a more realistic bill and they will kindly call off their pet DCA as long as I pay the bill!:roll:

I have had similar problems over the years with Scottish Electric. They are still trying to tell me that even though all of my night storage heaters are switch off at this time of year, my meter reading is increasing on a daily basis - they are trying to tell me this is 'normal' well, as 'normal' I will not pay this part of the bill this time. Why is it that as a consumer which we all are to some degree or another, we automatically tell lies!!

Keep up the fight BB

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

BG are now saying I owe them £140! The cheeky mair I was speaking to hung up!

Got onto Swalec and gave them the readings and they're going to forward the actual usage to BG which will be nowhere near what they are trying to charge.

Not heard anymore from Advantis but will put them in thier place if I do.

Anyone have the contact details for the CEO of BG?

BG, who claim to be the cheapest in the country (utter bowlox) had done the same to me, My first bill with them for the first month was £97.00 !!!

I called and complained and they assured me that they would come out and read the meters. Bill came back £93.00

So paid it then was informed it was a half estimated bill. So I sent them my readings.. The next month it was £12.60!!! WTF!!!!

I have since changed to EDF and my monthly bill is £55.00. thats more like it :D thats duel fuel BTW.

BG, who claim to be the cheapest in the country (utter bowlox) had done the same to me, My first bill with them for the first month was £97.00 !!!

I called and complained and they assured me that they would come out and read the meters. Bill came back £93.00

So paid it then was informed it was a half estimated bill. So I sent them my readings.. The next month it was £12.60!!! WTF!!!!

I have since changed to EDF and my monthly bill is £55.00. thats more like it :D thats duel fuel BTW.

Yes, I've realised I'm much better off with Swalec duel fuel, D/D reduction and special reduction due to disabilities.

Yes, I've realised I'm much better off with Swalec duel fuel, D/D reduction and special reduction due to disabilities.

Same here.. BG has just put up their prices.. glad Im not a customer any more.. cretins