BankFodder BankFodder

Lindy Lou

Help!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4848 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just an update - I sent the letter refusing to complete the CPR part 18 back to Cobbetts today and have completed the allocation questionnaire and handed it in along with the £100 fee to Huntingdon County Court.

My faith that this will be solved soon has gone, but I am not giving up! No matter how long it takes.....

Received my offer from Cobbetts today - £1150. This is roughly half of what I'm claiming so seems in keeping with what everyone else is experiencing. I'm about the send the letter accepting the amount only as partial settlement, but want to make sure that I'm using the right template. Is this the one in the library that you send when they make their initial offer in response to the LBA?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me out! Has anyone recently had an offer from NatWest after completion of the AQ? If so, what template letter was used to reject this offer? Is is the rejection of settlement offer that's in the template library?

Thanks!! x

Hi

Found this in templates. I used it but not the red or blue bit.

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until xx/xx/xx to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until xx/xx/xx to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

Hunbun;)

Hi Isobel, thank you so much for responding! I can't help feeling paranoid about doing something wrong, I feel like I'm so close to the finishing line now. Thanks again :)

Hi

Foget the above. I have used this one.

Dear Sir or Madam

I acknowledge and refer to your letter dated xxxxxx.

I respectfully decline your offer of xxxxxx and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed to me on this account, interest and court fees, now totalling £xxxxxxx.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and only on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I would be willing to withdraw the claim upon receipt of full unconditional settlement of my claim.

Yours faithfully

Hunbun;)

This is the one when the offer has been made after court action has been taken. The top ones for an offer made after pre-lim letters were sent but no action taken yet. Sorry for the error.

Hunbun;)

Thanks Isobel, the first one was the only one I could find but I had a feeling it wasn't quite right.

Ok, I am trying not to panic here and hoping that I've missed something but I recieved this letter this morning:

Notice of Directions Hearing

Take Notice that the Directions Hearing will take place on 27th February 2007 at 12.00pm at Cambridge County Court, blah blah...

When you should attend

30 minutes has been allowed for the Directions Hearing

Please note: This case may be released to another judge, possibly at a different court.

I am assuming that this means I have to go to court? I suspect that NatWest won't want to and will give up at some point, but probably not for a while. Has anyone else had this through? Am I panicking unnecessarily?

This won't be the final hearing of your case. I believe I'm correct in saying the Court will give directions in how the claim should continue.

Prelimary hearings, Allocation hearings and Direction hearings are starting to crop up frequently. I see your in Cambridge? I'm in Bedford and have an Allocation Hearing shortly. It seems to be happening around this area. I think I've seen another thread similar to yours at the Northampton County Court.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

I stand corrected, another claimant from Cambridge.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/42892-directions-hearing.html

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Thanks for the help - I think I might have overreacted a bit this morning! I can't believe how far away the hearing is. I guess there's nothing much that can be done apart from waiting.

Contact Gburgess on the above thread. Same Court and same date for Directions Hearing.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

I WON!!!!! At last, got a cheque through the post - Cobbetts claimed that their legal fees would be higher than the claim if they were to attend the Directions Hearing..... Paid in the cheque and am now £2068 richer!!

FANTASTIC

Well Done

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

I WON!!!!! At last, got a cheque through the post - Cobbetts claimed that their legal fees would be higher than the claim if they were to attend the Directions Hearing..... Paid in the cheque and am now £2068 richer!!

Well done...you go girl!!!!!:razz:

Gosh, it all seemed a bit of a nightmare at times, but thank god you got there in the end.

I'm waiting on a response to my claim which was filed just recently, and I'm bricking it slightly!!! I too worry whether I'm filling in all these forms correctly or not, I s'ppose I'm not the only one.

Have a great crimbo.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Well done! :D Don't forget to wait until the cheque clears (up to 10 working days) until you file your Notice of Discontinuance. Then ask a mod to move your thread to the sucesses forum too.

Ex CAG helper ^_^