Galaxy tab purchased 13th June online Ebuyer.com (via Ebay) Software problems.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased the new Galaxy tab P1010 from Ebuyer via their Ebay store for £249 and have had problems with the unit for about a week now. The unit has a fault whereby it goes back to factory settings if the units battery runs flat (which should not happen). I have emailed them via their ebay method and also their main address without reply yet (27th July). What I want is a full product replacement. I do not want the unit to be "fixed under warranty". What do I quote them to get the unit replaced? I can't find any way to contact Ebuyer by phone. Surely, I have consumer rights to get the unit replaced and not fixed.....yes?

Any help is obviously appreciated.

Chris

The unit has a fault whereby it goes back to factory settings if the units battery runs flat (which should not happen).

Is this actually a part of the description of the product, to retain a user's settings, notwithstanding a flat battery?

I would not have expected the settings to survive on a completely flat battery. Except for a hard disk, or some other mechanical means, there would have to a supply of some sort of power, to retain a memory.

Edited by perplexity

Hi 1971

Have a read of the OFT Guide on SOGA

Number10 in my signature.

How did you pay for it? If it was Credit Card / Debt Card - Speak to your Card Provider about doing a Chargeback

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards

Don't speak to them over the phone, keep all communication in written form.

Do not except a repair.

There is no incontestable right to force a seller to replace goods, except perhaps that this was a part of the original offer, a supplier's own particular terms of sale. This is especially covered by Section 48B(3) of the Sale of Goods Act:

The buyer must not require the seller to repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods if that remedy is—

(a) impossible, or

(b) disproportionate in comparison to the other of those remedies, or

© disproportionate in comparison to an appropriate reduction in the purchase price under paragraph (a), or rescission under paragraph (b), of section 48C(1) below.

Edited by perplexity
Surely, I have consumer rights to get the unit replaced and not fixed.....yes?

No.

There is no incontestable right to force a seller to replace goods, except that this was a part of the original offer, a supplier's own particular terms of sale. This is especially covered by of Section 48B(3) of the Sale of Goods Act:

(3) The buyer must not require the seller to repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods if that remedy is—

(a) impossible, or

(b) disproportionate in comparison to the other of those remedies, or

© disproportionate in comparison to an appropriate reduction in the purchase price under paragraph (a), or rescission under paragraph (b), of section 48C(1) below.