employer not paying expenses / wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I recently worked for a small firm and the agreed ammount was 19p per mile, I completed there mileage form and returned it with receipt for the fuel, It was due to be paid yesterday nothing was in in the morning, So asked them they said later in the day, I re contacted them at 4:30 to the director he said he would call back he never did despite trying to contact him,

I contacted them today and he answered the phone and simply said, "**** off its the weekend" this is the director of the firm, So you can see what im up against.

He also has refused to pay us for 5 hours work that we completed, Because we left site early and didnt complete the job, I beleive he can't refuse us to the point we left the site !

What i want to know is how to proceed further, the best way i feel is writing so would a letter before action be ideal and then go for MCOL, Is that an option ? or do i need to send a normal letter first

Any help greatly appreciated

Yeah prepared to pay MCOL no issue at all,

he owes £49.42 expenses to myself

and also owes £40.32 In unpaid wages

Its low ammounts but its the princaple of the matter that i am more concerened about.

He didnt even ask for any proof of id when we started working for him which i beleive is a requirement of the law also ?

When you say that you 'worked for', was that as an employee or as a contractor?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

paye , i was paid my wages by he deducted tax, They never sent us the employment contract he kept delaying it but he let us commence work working on the sites for him,

We completed one job in full and another one we left halfway through, as we were suspicious re payments etc

he paid us for the job we completed, but not for the expenses i.e the mileage, even though i have completed his expense form, i have alot of communication via text message, of which i am going to export into an excel spreadsheet via an android app

with a fake national inusrance number also, not my NI number for sure !

Debtor Company Name

Address – line 1

Address – line 2

Address – line 3

Address – line 4

25/06/2011

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

TAKE NOTICE that according to my records the sum of £49.41 is overdue for payment of expenses.

Unless payment is made to the above address within fourteen days Legal Action to recover the debt will be taken against you without further notice.

Copies of the outstanding expense forms are attached.

Signed:

Name: {your name}

Tel: {phone number}

Email: {email address}

Date: {date}

Thats my rough letter at the moment, where abouts should i include this and do i need to do 2 seperate letters or can i combine the expenses and wages into one ?

Tell them the witholding of wages etc is contrary to section 13 of the employment rights act

you either take them to court or inform them that you will be issuing an et1 form for compliance (employment tribunal)

Debtor Company Name

Address – line 1

Address – line 2

Address – line 3

Address – line 4

25/06/2011

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

TAKE NOTICE that according to my records the sum of £49.41 is overdue for payment of expenses, And the sum of £--.-- is overdue for the payment of wages

The witholding of expenses and wages is contray to section 13 of the employment rights act

Unless payment is made to the above address within seven days Legal Action to recover the debt will be taken against you without further notice.

Copies of the outstanding expense forms are attached.

Signed:

Name: {your name}

Tel: {phone number}

Email: {email address}

Date: {date}

is this better guys ? sorry letter writing is not the best talent of mine, Feel free to ammend it in anyway

THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

as an update guys,

i faxed them the letter and posted it,

they paid the expenses but didnt pay my outstanding wages i gave them 7 days, and tried to call them one last time,

They woudlnt answer, so i filed an ET1 yesterday and today its been accepted with a hearing in august !, I don't expect him to even turn up or acknowledge it ,

But at least we are progressing :D

thanks rachel,

yeah i think he will pay once he receives it through form the ET, also the other lads have filed for an ET to, so there will be about 4 cases all different ammounts of money so hopefuly he will pay as hes still trading