Orange now with debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ran into a bit of difficulty last year and got into arrears with Orange. My service was blocked and as soon as I could I paid the outstanding debt, of about £148 by cheque directly to Orange.

I received no more bills but then about 3 months ago, I got a letter from Moorcroft debt collection who said I owed £137 to Orange. I disputed this on the phone as I've received no further bills from Orange once the outstanding £148 had been cleared.

Understandably, Moorecroft asked for proof of payment, which I sent in the form of a copy of the cheque. I foolishly didn't sent that recorded delivery and they claim not to have received it.

I know that if the bill was still with Orange I should send an SAR but as its with a DCA, is that the appropriate next step?

Very grateful for any advice.

I know that if the bill was still with Orange I should send an SAR but as its with a DCA, is that the appropriate next step?

Yes, I would think so, looks like the only way you'll find out the score regarding payments made on the account.

Orange should still have your account details.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi GK2000

If you have paid off this debt to Orange and have the proof of this in the form of the cheque sent, then I would probably ignore the leeches, Moorcroft that is.

Unfortunately if you you do not deal with these goons by recorded delivery, they will always try it on.

I think they do this to try to pass the time on wondering where their next bit of commission is coming from.

To sum up, If you have the proof that the debt is paid, then don't worry about Moorcroft.

Thanks whyme.

The bit that's confusing me is that Moorcroft is chasing for a different sum so i think I'll try the SAR so that I know for sure it has been paid off.