Shop Home Direct £12 charges *Won*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have finally got a response from SHD after I wrote to them by email (addresses available on request from me) and informed them a response is required within 48 hours or legal action will be taken.

The email requested to explain there true costs, what manual intervention has taken place and suggested resolutions.

I had a response stating that they are aware and request a deadline of X which I agreed to. They then requested a further 3 working days which I agreed to but stated that no further time will be given and at end of this deadline court papers will be submitted. On the morning of the deadline they refunded all charges to all accounts with a grand total of £1000 charges.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I have finally got a response from SHD after I wrote to them by email (addresses available on request from me) and informed them a response is required within 48 hours or legal action will be taken.

The email requested to explain there true costs, what manual intervention has taken place and suggested resolutions.

I had a response stating that they are aware and request a deadline of X which I agreed to. They then requested a further 3 working days which I agreed to but stated that no further time will be given and at end of this deadline court papers will be submitted. On the morning of the deadline they refunded all charges to all accounts with a grand total of £1000 charges.

I am so pleased for you! Well done! It is so very encouraging to hear of your sucess!

SHD have been nothing but trouble for me too. I have cleared 2 accounts (with difficulty) and have a 3rd with a large balance £2.4k possibly 40+% charges and interest which I have no chance of clearing while it continues to be interest and charges bearing. This account has just been passed to their in house collections NDR. I am new to the site today as a registered member, but, have been reading lots and lots in the open forums.

Taylorit, would be so kind as to forward me the email address you had sucess with? I would be truly grateful, many thanks in advance :)

I willl be claiming back unfair charges on all 3 accounts and will happily go to court if necessary. All accounts opened online, sending off for list of charges for all 3 accounts and CCA too for the one with the balance. (Hoped they would stop hassling me while they have a shuffle round...) I have been paying them so much each month and from now my payment does not even cover the interest! I have been more than honest and forthcoming when in comes to offering them a payment plan, they have not acted responsably in meeting me anywhere near half way (stop the ongoing charges and/or freeze or reduce interest?) I will gladly settle for the goods that I have recieved, however, I have no chance of doing this while the account is snowballing.

This forum is such a wonderful resource and it puts strength in my legs to feel I am not alone, to all who contribute - Thank you

I look forward to recieving any comments, opinions or advice.... once again.. many thanks :)

All.

When NDR get your account they will tell you the minimum they willl accept to setup a payment arrangement and you will have to be firm with them may take a few days for them to accept a lower payment but they will eventually but just be firm with them. As for SHD be firm with them too. I communication directly with their legal team who are quick of the mark and do listen to you but you will need to keep firm, calm and go through with your actions. I chased SHD every 2 days for an update or they would contact me to keep me updated.

If you would like the email address and telephone numbers for the legal department at SHD then please PM me.

Thanks

i hope they refunded compounded int too!

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My apologies Taylorit I cannot yet PM, thank you so much for your help :)

I politely declined their first 3 offers, the least being £111 odd but for a non priority debt, (whether or not i can afford this, which i cannot) it is an awful lot, I was paying £70pcm (i had agreed £53 with SHD originally) so and I will likely just keep making regular, more affordable payments.

I have just issued them with SAR for all 3, it has not arrived with them yet.. In your opinion, should I wait to compile my charges + compounded + statutory when the docs arrive from them or maybe email them a copy of my SAR alongside a statement of my intentions?

I understand you had all your statements at hand which I do not have currently...

I have passed the panic (re: the snowballing debt) and now i am set firm to reclaim what is mine, seems the only way I can reduce and then clear the balance with them as they never responded to my earlier calls for assistance with the problem! I will happily go to court if necessary.

Thanks again for all your help :)

Hi ive been trying to reclaim charges from Shop Home Direct too, but they said to me that as i was told they charge £12 per letter etc that i cannot claim. DOnt suppose you would know if they can say that do you?

Thanks Becky

EQ you need to start your own thread

beack

you need to post me £10 per msg you post here

there i've told you so , it must be true!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi ive been trying to reclaim charges from Shop Home Direct too, but they said to me that as i was told they charge £12 per letter etc that i cannot claim. DOnt suppose you would know if they can say that do you?

Thanks Becky

Ask them to put that in writing. My extra senseory perception says that they won't - as it is a lie!

Go get them charges back. It may not be easy but it is fulfilling knowing you have hurt their bottom (line) :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 months later...

Here we go again...CapQuest who have been sold one of the accounts have issued a default marker with the CRA but yet have NOT issued a default notice in any kind, they are relying on the default notice issued by SHD which has the incorrect defaulted balance, also the day on the CapQuest default marker does not match the SHD Default Notice. SHD have also removed all their default markers with the CRA.

Some advice?

• 2 months later...

Update I issued a CCA to CapQuest who are the now legal owners of the debt, they have written to me saying they having trouble getting a response from SHD and the deadline has also passed just over a week ago. I also questioned them over the validity of the default notice as the date is wrong so is the default amount which SHD screwed up. Had all other defaults removed already.

Just thinking if CapQuest are the legal owners why have they not got all the paperwork?

Advice please?

they are not the original creditor

as you have no paperwork so cannot enforce the debt

why are you marking my cra file ?

you are therefore not allowed to process my data

removed the default within 14 days or i will escalate my complaint to the authorities.

the org dn by sd is defectgive as the balance includes PENALTY charges

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

I thought this was put to bed,

however a recent check on my credit file showed that SHD had not updated my accounts as settled,

so I emailed Nicola Jackson on the 13th to request they correct this immediately to mark my accounts as settled.

However a further check today find that SHD have marked the accounts as in default and balances outstanding.

Have sent another email today giving them 72 hours to mark the accounts as settled and the default marker removed or I will make a complaint to the ICO.

For clarification please,

I have read the thread and see that charges were refunded, but I can't see where there is mention of default removal and accounts being marked as satisfied., Unless the debts have been purchased by another company when then they would be settled.

You refer also to debt sold to Capquest, and say they placed a default on a CRA file, more likely this was defaulted by the creditor and CQ updated the file with their data and do NOT have to issue a DN.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

the org dn by sd is defective as the balance included PENALTY charges

and they

thats correct the original DN was defective and SHD agreed and removed the default markers

however SHD recently have reapplied the D upon updating my CRA when I complained it was still showing I owed a balance

and even put the default date as a few weeks ago!

One account is with CapQuest who wont budge and say the orig DN was issued correctly,

so its at stale mate atm, planning my next moves but I havent paid this account.

SHD are *investigating* there errors with CRA and have been given 7 days to correct or its going to ICO and no extensions its being looked into by a Senior person now.

Edited by taylorit

• 3 weeks later...

So SHD escalated the matter to the senior team who promised a response by 6th September,

this has been and gone and no response or update.

Emailed them yesterday telling them I am preparing paperwork for the ICO and FOS and likely to have everything prepared by Thursday.

I will submit if no response received by Thursday without further notice, no reply from SHD either.

I not had a response to my email, so

I phoned them an hour ago on a recorded line,

they claim person handling my complaint is in a training session and confirms she has received my email and will reply today.

I have told them a resolution is required today not an update, if you wnated to provide an update you should of done so as you promised by 6th September,

if its not a resolution I will proceed with the FOS and they could not spk much more, but was promised she will call by this afternoon.

Person handling my complaint did get back in touch as promised

and has apologised its taking time to investigate as they have been in training,

however she is liaising with another team with my complaint. I

have emailed back nearly immediately thanking but stated that you are still reporting incorrect information with CRA

and gave them a date I require a resolution by,

failing with result in a complaint to the FOS and ICO,

I also stated I will claim via the courts if necessary for financial redress for their incompetence.

Also reminded them that complaints to the FOS are chargable to them and complaints to the ICO

can have an adverse affect on them with terms of their credit license.