Shop Home Direct £12 charges *Won*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have 5 accounts with Shop Home Direct each with different credit limits. Very, Additions, Kays, Littlewoods, Marshall Ward.

I fell into difficulty paying them and started receiving charges of £12.00 for missed payment and £12 for debt collection letter aswell as account interest. They also hiked my interest on interest bearing accounts from 19.9% to 49.9% or 59.9% without notice.

I have made 4 offers of repayment all been rejected. I made a formal complaint to the Customer Excellence Centre in Bolton and they accepted £10 per month for 6 months on each account but I cannot afford that. I have made 2 further offers and they been refused also.

All accounts have been placed with NDR and they can only accept a repayment plan that fits them but I cannot afford their repayment plan, they will not accept less. They keep applying further charges and interest.

Across all accounts the charges and interest amount to approx £800 yet the true balance of goods purchase is approx £1600.00 totalling £2400.00

I have made a complaint to have charges and interest frozen and refunded they have refunded one charge of £12 per account.

What else can I do they are just being damn right awkward and not willing to accept a payment that I can afford and simply quite applying more charges and interest.

Today I have sent them a recorded letter with the same repayment plan which includes a copy of my budget sheet and a second recorded letter requesting they refund all charges and interest within 28 days or I shall make no further communication and submit a claim to the county court.

Any further advice?

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi taylor ,.

i have 8 accounts with these morons and ive sent letters made phone calls emaild them and each time i get the sorry your offer does not meet our minimum payment criteria crap response.

i have been sent default letters they are adding more and more charges.

.I have just decided to ignore them as they have me but i see you managed to get a payment arrangement and fees taken off by complaining.

can you post that address please ?

we owe about £9000 but stopped being able to afford the payments due to my self employed work taking a nose dive and my wife going part time hours at work.

dont let it all get to you its only money and they are not priority debts thats why thy dont jump to taking us to court.

Hi John40 I used this address and basically told them firmly its sorted it out or nothing....

Head of Customer Excellence

Shop Direct Group

Skyways House

Speke Road

Speke

Liverpool

L70 1AB

I am just sending them another letter today recorded delivery, you just need to be firm with these bunch of morons and not let them run the show send them a personal budget sheet if you are wishing to offer a repayment and tell them it will only be made on the grounds that they freeze all interest and stop any further charges and show on credit file that a repayment arrangement is in place.

Thankyou taylorit,after reading your post i googled and found a different address to that one ,

Anthony Baldwin

Head of Customer Excellence

Shop Direct Group

Sandringham House

Sandringham Avenue

Chelmsford

CM92 1LR

I sent a recorded delivery letter with a list of all my in and out goings a week ago.I haven't heard anything yet,if they don't get back to me ill try again using the address you used.You'd think in this day and age they'd have a bit more understanding .thanks again:-)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is still ongoing sent numerous letters offering reduced payments and all been declined, also they continued to charge and there charges across all accounts add up to more than what the initial purchases were..... Can someone advise on the route to now take court against against these morons....

This is still ongoing sent numerous letters offering reduced payments and all been declined, also they continued to charge and there charges across all accounts add up to more than what the initial purchases were..... Can someone advise on the route to now take court against against these morons....

OK, now its time to get tough with these morons, send them a Subject Access Request which you will find in the Debt Collection library on this site, send £10 postal order and don't sign and if this account was pre-2006 send them a CCA request too, £1. recorded delivery as the SAR and don't sign, you have been more than reasonable and its time to show them that you are not going to be messed around.

I have been dealing with this lot since about Jan this year and can quite confidently say that they are the most confusing, misleading and arrogant bunch I have come across on my journey thru debt. My signature paints a picture of my debt and thankfully 95% of it is now manageable due to [long] negotiations with all of my creditors, some of which have been excellent (Co-op) and some have been a bit of a pain. I will exclude NDR from any of this because they have been nothing short of a disgrace, here is why:

1. Login to their website and you will see a different ‘payment due by’ date compared to their paper monthly statement. So which one is it

2. They will not accept any repayment offer other than what they want (remember its every 4 weeks you have to pay – not monthly)

3. Their crappy automatic letter generating system will add £12 for admin fee’s/we tried to contact you fee’s/missed payment (see point 1).

4. Nothing is negotiable.

5. I had two payments of £31 left to go before one account finished so set up a re-occurring payment to save me the hassle of remembering when it was due (see point 1). Their software blew a fuse and on the first payment they tried to take 57 payments of £31 from my bank in one fowl swoop. They only succeeded taking 5 payments because that’s all I had in my bank and did not have any money for a week until I got it refunded. DO NOT SET UP RE-OCCURING PAYMENTS WITH THISLOT. Disgusting.

6. Three months of offering a payment (all refused) for one account (Very) and they flogged it to Lowells and now I have the pain of this lot to sort out.

7. Forget trying to reason with them why you have fell behind payments, in my case me & my other half was hit by a car, I broke my leg/arm and was off work for months. My wife nearly had her foot amputated FFS. Did NDR care or consider that some people have genuine reasons why they find themselves in the position they are in. No, they do not. All they want is ‘their’ money made up of charges/fee’s/fines and more charges.

Sorry to rant on but these people NDR (simple money collectors of Shop Direct) make me sick.

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

*edit* My signature has gone! It should read £55k in debt etc

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

Well said Geordieman and very well done for coping so well with everything that has been thrown at you. In my case fortunately I was able to clear the balance with Very which I did quickly when they denied that they had received payment at one stage, (they hadn't processed it!) luckily or unluckily they owe me PPI, at the moment in court fight with another catalogue and then it will be their turn!

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get all charges for the last 5 months taken off my accounts and all interest frozen for 6 months .And a payment arrangement of £10 on each account i have with them (8 accounts) for the next 6 months .I wrote a letter of complaint to there customer excellence team and that seemed to work.I did notice tho that not one letter has threatened court ,they all say that if i don't pay they will have not choice but to put a black mark against my credit rating oh no!!! lol.

I still having trouble with this bunch... still having £12 charges etc only have 1 account undr a repayment but they not interested in the other accounts which are now 3 times the original amount of the true cost of the purchases due to their charges and interest which i will not be paying. Some advice on legal terms would now be much appreciated.

I have not yet SAR or LBA etc only submitted a formal complaint in which they agreed to repayment arange on one account, I have the funds to pay what owes in true value of goods recieved, which they also not interested they want everything £.

• 4 weeks later...
Still do I need to do a SAR? as I have all the information required etc, just havent got a copy any agreements.

Hi Taylorit, yes you should do the SAR because if they initiate court action it shows that you have done everything you can to get them to provide you with a true copy of any agreement, even though they are allowed to reconstruct, it still has to be accurate

, coming back shortly with a link which might help.

Thanks, sent of SAR today but in the mean time going to prepare POC and would like some assistance, have taken court action 3 times previous and won. 1st time for a catalogue though and doing each account separately, have already calculated all charges onto a schedule of claim and calculated the daily rate of interest to be 4 pence.

• 3 weeks later...

Have also written a strong letter to SHD notifiying them of intended legal and received a response within 48 hours which they have requested an extension to the deadline which has been granted until the 7th November. Since they have sold one the accounts in dispute to CapQuest. I have informed CapQuest that the account is in dispute and requires passing back to SHD, should they fail to adhere then I will also seek action against them for harassment. Still would like some advice on particulars of claim for SHD.