Estate Agent fees and list of clients introduced

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all, i hope i am in the right forum, if not then if someone could let me know, thanks.

Anyway, here is my question:

My wife and I put our property on the market for an 8 week sole agency period with a well known Estate Agent earlier this year.

Over this 8 week period we had 2 potential buyers who visited our property, not exactly a high number!

Anyway we eventually wrote to cancel our agreement at the end of the eight week period, when they then told us we need to pay a cancellation fee of £150.

I wrote to complain and ask them to give us a list of clients they introduced to our property. This was vital as we were intructing another agent and didnt want to be in a situation when they demanded a payment for someone they claimed had been introduced previously.

Do we have a right to ask for this information? i didnt want names and addresses just enough information so we knew who they had introduced.

also, we are fighting the need to pay £150 as we feel over the eight week period we had very litle buiness from them,and they were just sitting back waiting for their £150 at the end of the period.

any advice gratefully received.

thanks

Tom

not sure about the list, but what was in the contract you signed for the eight week sole agency?

did it mention cancellation fee? if contract run its course then thats it. usually no sale no fee.

hi, the original contract did mention a cancellation fee of £180 in the event that the seller (ie: us) cancelled the contract.

My beef with them is that they could very easily sit back and wait for their £180 knowing full well that the client wont accept only have a couple of viewers in the 8 week period and go elsewhere to another estate agent..

thanks for your reply, and hope to hear back from you.

Regards

Tom

hi, the original contract did mention a cancellation fee of £180 in the event that the seller (ie: us) cancelled the contract.

My beef with them is that they could very easily sit back and wait for their £180 knowing full well that the client wont accept only have a couple of viewers in the 8 week period and go elsewhere to another estate agent..

So ...?

The time to heed the belief is before the conclusion of the contract.

Just because you would have to be out of you mind to agree to the terms, does not necessarily mean that the terms of a contract are not legitimate, not in the United Kingdom, at least. The logical conclusion is that you were indeed out of your mind, not that the contract was out of your mind.

well if as you say the contract was only for 8 weeks then its ended! you have not cancelled it.

In any event, what there part of deal to market the property? website, flyers, do they do that? if you are not happy with service and they did perform you can just end the contract anyway and go elsewhere. But do it writing tho!