Loading Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

It is a council issued ticket.

My question is, am I not even allowed to stop there for a few minutes while the car's engine is on, my emergency lights are working and I am in the car?

Not unless you were loading/unloading

What is the definition of loading in this context? do I have to drive a specific type of vehicle or to have some sort of permit in order to load/unload?

Thanks.

What is the definition of loading in this context? do I have to drive a specific type of vehicle or to have some sort of permit in order to load/unload?

Thanks.

If the sign stated 'goods vehicle' on it then yes.

It is a bit confusing as it says on the letter that I received that I"parked in a loading place during restricted hours without loading".

My point is that I didn't park but was just waiting few minutes in the driver seat for my friend to pick up something from a library and to come back.

Can I make representations on that basis?

If you stopped you car within the loading bay and let your passenger out and waited for him/her, then you were parked. So how can you appeal? The only avenue you could possibly consider is if there is anything wrong with the signage/road markings or the actual PCN itself.

Loading means, er, loading. You didn't hence the ticket. What part of it is that you are confused about? When your car landed in the space and you removed your oxygen thrapple suit, did you check your gangle flaps were indeed set to regenartive thropple twong? No? There you go then.

• Haha 1

No but you would need to at least get out of the vehicle to unload.

Not necessarily. The driver could have remained in the driver's seat whilst the passenger, or even a shop assistant, loaded a large/heavy object into the boot.

Not necessarily. The driver could have remained in the driver's seat whilst the passenger, or even a shop assistant, loaded a large/heavy object into the boot.

I think you are not giving the OP much credit! I'm sure if some kind soul had been loading the car for him he would have mentioned that rather than enquire if sitting in the car was a defence for parking in a loading bay without loading.

So I take it that me sitting in the car is not a basis to making representations in any case?

Thank you all for your help!

Well I did make a suggestion in post #9. If you give the location we could take a look on street view to see if there is anything wrong with the markings/signage and you could psot up the PCN itself (after washing VRM details) so we can check that also.

i also got the same problem.i parked and waiting inside in hammersmith king street.it says loading bay for goods vehicle only .Do you think will i win if i appeal against it?Please i need help.

Do you drive a goods vehicle and where you loading?

No i don't have Goods Vehicle .eventhough my car is not Goods Vehicle,i believe am still entitle to deliver Goods .the sign on the post says "Loading bay for goods Vehicle only" but on the road marked saying "loading Bay"only.when first i parked ,i saw the road mark and parked and wait.i only stay 11 mints.on the picture they sent me it shown that i am inside the car.please i need advice and wants to argue if i have a very good ground.

I'm afraid you don't have a case. Unless your vehicle is purely designed for carrying goods (like a van ect), then your class of vehicle isn't permitted to park there whether you are loading or not. Your only hope is that there is anything wrong with the signage/road markings/PCN.

No i don't have Goods Vehicle .eventhough my car is not Goods Vehicle,i believe am still entitle to deliver Goods .the sign on the post says "Loading bay for goods Vehicle only" but on the road marked saying "loading Bay"only.when first i parked ,i saw the road mark and parked and wait.i only stay 11 mints.on the picture they sent me it shown that i am inside the car.please i need advice and wants to argue if i have a very good ground.

It's irrelevant that you were in the car. Why do so many people think they are not 'parked' if they are still in the car?

Your car was parked in a loading bay without loading. BTW I'd be willing to bet that the legend on the ground does not say 'loading bay'.

Why do so many people think they are not 'parked' if they are still in the car?

Because years ago, when Traffic Wardens were created to keep traffic moving, they were trained that way, they moved you on if you were in the vehicle, and slapped a ticket on if the vehicle was empty.

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

It's irrelevant that you were in the car. Why do so many people think they are not 'parked' if they are still in the car?

Your car was parked in a loading bay without loading. BTW I'd be willing to bet that the legend on the ground does not say 'loading bay'.

my main reason i parked my car was waiting my mate to drop a delivery.it only takes her 12 minutes. if they play back the camera ,they can see it.

Why do so many people think they are not 'parked' if they are still in the car?

Because years ago, when Traffic Wardens were created to keep traffic moving, they were trained that way, they moved you on if you were in the vehicle, and slapped a ticket on if the vehicle was empty.

the ticket they send me ,they have my car with a picture of mine sitting inside.please give me advice .