style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

not sure if this is in the right forum, notified Credit expert(experian) wanted to end subscription by email they say they sent me a email telling me to phone them , I didn't receive it. they took another sub from my bank. Sent another email asking what happened they say they have now cancelld subs but won't refund the extra they took because they say I didn't phone them and refferred to terms and conditions. it does not say in T & C that I have to phone them just contact them.

They could end subscription 2nd time with email so why not the first. any advice as to how to get my £15 back?

thanks

Hi M

The reason they want you to phone is so that they can resell 'Credit Expert' to you, they don't want you to leave so they try to resell the benefits. Just write to them requesting a refund, explain that an e-mail should be enough. Let us know how you get on.

Hi

I have heard back from credit expert as follows

I am sorry that you do not want to continue with yourmembership.

I HAVE CHECKED OUR RECORDS AND CAN TELL YOU:

We had sent you an email explaining what you needed to doto cancel your membership.

We did not receive a response to this email that we sentto you. As a result of this, a membership fee was taken.

Your membership was cancelled on 13/06/11.

As you did not adhere to the Terms and Conditions, youhave been charged correctly and we cannot offer any refund.

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU:

You will still have access to your online credit reportand be covered by the Identity Fraud Legal Costs Insurance until the date thatyour next monthly payment would have been due. You may also receive alertsduring this time.

the email they refer to I never recieved! I have replied again re iterating that I did not receive the email and asking where in the terms and conditions it says I have to contact by phone, as I cannot find it, and also why the subsquently ended the subs by email.

any advice would be helpful

thanks