1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i know its a pain when they ring but if you refuse to go through their stupid security questions, they wont even talk to you...i have endless fun with the so called questions...like why? who are they protecting? well those answers are in the public domain...i know a better one...what is my favorite colour? now thats a better security question...after they find it is costing em money they normally give up ringing..the other favorite is to answer and then go for a nice cup of tea whilst they wait endlessly on the phone...their are lots of ways of getting them to desist without getting stressed or worried about their calls...remember you didnt ask them to ring!!

lol i love the way you dealt with it :-D , wish i had done that now instead of letting it get me down.

1st crud are well known on here for this tactic..of course the only way to be sure is to cca em and see what if anything they do have

I have a question my husband thinks that he may have got a ccj on this debt before of just after 1st credit got it, we have looked through documents but can't find anything that says he does, i have had a read through on here and am i correct in thinking that i can't cca them if there is a ccj on the debt ?

They will have a Sar this week

Nothing stopping you sending a cca request but what do you hope to gain by doing so? He needs to find out if he does have a ccj. This can be done by searching on registry trust online I think.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

• 3 years later...

We recently had a bustup with Nationwide about suddenly cutting our line of credit with no notice

and told them how disappointed we were and moved our banking elsewhere closing down all our day to day dealings with nationwide.

Still have overdraft with them which we were paying off.

This has not got to any default stages or anything so no reason to be chasing us *yet*.

We moved to a new address whilst all this was happening and nationwide had been sending us mail as usual.

This is over say 4mths or so. BTW

Nationwide couldnt give a stuff about our loyalty having been a customer of 15yrs, the customer service response was pretty much none existant and basically said tough, get stuffed!!

Heres the funny thing of interest NO ONE else knew this new address but nationwide as we hadnt registered for anything yet.

Yet today we get a fishing letter from 1st credit, PO BOX 278, Reigate RH2 7WB

saying they were attempting to contact us regarding a personal matter.

Now is this dirty tricks from Nationwide or some other reason that this could occur?

Either way they be getting £1 a week to clear the overdraft. They say we are all living longer so it will help.