Credit Corp Australia Nightmare ....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter thru email from credit corp thru email stating their intention to initiate legal proceedings. the credit card debit incurred in australia during 2008 as they claim is for $4868 on a $4000 limit card and since then the interest has made the current debit to $7500. I am back in india since 2008 and don't intend to go back to australia, I cannot afford such debit with my current earnings. I have requested them to give the details of the debit incurred via return of email. They also have my mobile number and my previous workplace number in india, how should i proceed from here.? I am in need of some advice immediately as these calls give me sleepless nights and constant fear. Please help.

PS . I can attach the copy of their letter with intention to start legal proceeding against me. since I am not sure if it is adviceable I will wait for the administrators/senior members to guide me.

No address? Ignore them.

If they somehow get your address...Ignore them.

In fact, in any circumstance...Ignore them and DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE!

Read through some threads on this forum that relate to CC and their antics and you'll understand why.

I'm guessing their letter threatening legal action (Presumably in India?) is full of "we may" and "we might" threats?

Credit Corp Services Pty Limited

GPO Box 4475

Sydney 2001

E-mail: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Toll Free:

Credit Corp Services Pty Limited

ABN: 95 082 928 872

Australian credit licence number: 386908

21 June 2011

Account Details: GE FINANCE AUSTRALASIA LTD - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reference Number: DT xxxxxxx Balance Outstanding: $xxxxxx

Notice of Intention to Commence Legal Proceedings

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have previously written to you and called all of your available telephone numbers, with a view to reaching agreement for you to pay your account with Credit Corp Services Pty Ltd. We have not reached such an agreement and have not received any significant payment from you to reduce your debt to us.

You are in serious default of the terms of your credit contract which governs this account. We now provide you this last opportunity to make full payment of the sum of $xxxxxx within thirty (30) days of receipt of this letter failing which we may commence legal proceedings against you without any further notice.

Your payment may be made by using one of the options listed overleaf in the section titled “How To Pay”. Should you be unable to make the full payment or if you have any queries in relation to your account you must contact the writer immediately quoting reference DT xxxxxxxx.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxxxx

Customer Relationship Manager

02 xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We pride ourselves on conducting business in a professional and ethical manner. To help us meet that goal, your call may be recorded and retained for record keeping purposes. Information collected is used in accordance with our privacy policy. If you are not happy with any aspect of our service, please contact our Customer Care Team directly on 1300 768 621 to raise your concerns. If you are not satisfied with our response, we are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service which provides our customers with an accessible, fair and independent dispute resolution service. For further details please refer to our website xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by rajha_spg
i dont want to disclose unneccessary details

I have few queries

1. They have my address in India, what are they bound to do with that ?

2. Since the INR is cheaper than AUD will they be inclined to pursue legal avenues in India?

3. Will Credit Corp sell the debt to an agency in India? (They already threaten, that, they will pass on the debt to the local agents in India.)

4. They are calling my previous work place, and my friends there, how to make it go away?

Seniors Please help.

1. They have my address in India, what are they bound to do with that ?
They'll probably keep sending you begging letters. They cannot take any legal action against you in Oz although it may be possible in India but I doubt it. Even then the cost to them would be disproportionate to the alleged debt, particularly as they cannot be certain of winning any such action or in fact collecting any payment.

CC are ambulance chasers and eventually they'll give up and concentrate on an easier target.

2. Since the INR is cheaper than AUD will they be inclined to pursue legal avenues in India?
as above, i doubt it very much.
3. Will Credit Corp sell the debt to an agency in India? (They already threaten, that, they will pass on the debt to the local agents in India.)
They may well sell it on, but again they won't be able to enforce payment without a judgement.
4. They are calling my previous work place, and my friends there, how to make it go away?
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) look after the Commonwealth laws that protect people from undue harassment and other illegal debt collection conduct.

You should report harassment that is serious and/or ongoing to the ACCC or ASIC

Thank You for your immediate response, I will try to ignore them.

If they write again to your address. Do not open just cross out your name and address and mark "return to sender NOT AT THIS ADDRESS".

Also if you have linked in account or other social network pages make sure you remove all your address details and phone numbers. Maybe also get a new mobile number?

Cheers.

If they write again to your address. Do not open just cross out your name and address and mark "return to sender NOT AT THIS ADDRESS".

Also if you have linked in account or other social network pages make sure you remove all your address details and phone numbers. Maybe also get a new mobile number?

Cheers.

This is a very important point - these bottom feeders use social networking sites to track people down, find their current employer, then begin harassing phone calls to the employer.As has been stated earlier, they are just trying to scare you into paying. There is really NOTHING they can do to enforce the debt once you are no longer a resident of Australia. Continue to ignore them until the debt is statute-barred.Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Friends,

When they called me last time, I had asked them to send me the details for the charges incurred and not to call me and disturb without that, Today, I have received a mail with my original contract from GE finance, which doesn't even bear my signature. Today, I again received a call. I told them i am not available today, but the lady insists that she will call me tomorrow same time in the same number. What do I do?

I am worried, if I ignore them, they might call my parents and friends. which will not only embarrass me, but will put them in a delicate situation. Credit Corp has already called my old company where, they still have my name and number listed in their website. Since all the correspondence is thru email and my mobile phone, I think, i am going to keep on asking them for the original charges incurred details, till they give me thru reply to their email. Is it advisable?

What do I do?
ignore them.
I am worried, if I ignore them, they might call my parents and friends. which will not only embarrass me,
if they do that they'll be breaking Oz law and should be reported to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) look after the Commonwealth laws that protect people from undue harassment and other illegal debt collection conduct.

You should report harassment that is serious and/or ongoing to the ACCC or ASIC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Panic57

There is no updates, I changed my contact number, and I dont live in my old address anymore, i moved to a different city. So, so far nothing from them. But, I heard that they spoke to my old office again. But even my old office doesn't have my current forwarding address.

• 7 months later...