Lloyds/SCM £8.2k credit card claim filed-need help to defend.

marty0604

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Marty

Sorry to hear this , I to lost my case and ended up with a charging order , my debt is about

the same amount as yours, or was until yet another £265.00 added for the CO costs, I am

paying £100.00 per month and the DJ said it was too long a time for Lloyds to wait

for their money , yet you hear of people paying just £1.00 per month .

Anyway its over no more sleepless nights over this one, did you have a forthwith judgement

or have they agreed to an Instalment plan , best to pay asap your first months payment .

Regards

Tonks

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LTSB have been reading CAG for at least 2 years as I lost a case based on information that they had found.

Hello stranger, hope all is well :)

Yes, I know that the banks and in particular LTSB and their various Solicitors read the forums.. but what I dont understand is.. why ?

Several scenarios come to mind..

They are then aware of the way in which the defendant will present their case and can possibly find ways of countering it.

They can consider the type of opponent the defendant is.

They can spot if there are differences in what has been claimed on the forums to what is then said in the defendant's WS/defence - discrepancies there could almost certainly be fatal.

If the 3rd point doesnt apply, then I can see no reason that a Judge would offer up any criticism for a defendant trying to obtain advice ?

When FUAFB issued a claim against LTSB for non compliance, the barrister at the first hearing had printed off reams of pages from the forum. Unfortunately the barrister faced 2 problems. The first being they had printed off the wrong thread and 2nd the Judge was quite amused and asked the Barrister what he had hoped to gain - that the claimant aka FUAFB was entitled to obtain advice from whatever source was available ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think... (i am no solicitor) but maybe it was more of the default?

They new Marty had it and then everyone was saying 'pretend' you have not recieved it? Is that not comtempt of court? again no legal background so please tell me if im barking up the wrong tree??

It was said not to lie in court and that they watch these forums, i think what i'm trying to say is that Marty was given some 'bad advice' from people that are trying to help on this site? but clearly has made it worse?

I have certainly taken a step back and am thinking twice from taking any advice, i really thought there were qualified people on here, but reading this and many more Lloyds winnings (****) i will just pay!!

I hope i havent offended anyone only saying what i see/read,i know times are hard but lying is not the way as i tell my kids you will always get caught out!

I hope Marty you can now put this past you and be able to pay the right way without any sleepness nights :wink:

The case was lost to Summary Judgment nothing to do with the advice from this site.The claim never got to full trial or to an arguable/triable stage.

Summary Judgment does not work like that.Think you need to research legal procedure.

Edited by Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I think... (i am no solicitor) but maybe it was more of the default?

They new Marty had it and then everyone was saying 'pretend' you have not recieved it? Is that not comtempt of court? again no legal background so please tell me if im barking up the wrong tree??

It was said not to lie in court and that they watch these forums, i think what i'm trying to say is that Marty was given some 'bad advice' from people that are trying to help on this site? but clearly has made it worse?

I have certainly taken a step back and am thinking twice from taking any advice, i really thought there were qualified people on here, but reading this and many more Lloyds winnings (****) i will just pay!!

I hope i havent offended anyone only saying what i see/read,i know times are hard but lying is not the way as i tell my kids you will always get caught out!

I hope Marty you can now put this past you and be able to pay the right way without any sleepness nights :wink:

We have looked at the history of this thread in order to try and understand what has happened.

This seems to be a case where earlier posts were may not have been sufficiently reviewed and advice

swung on the DN because of this. A question was raised, and then it was

just assumed that the DN did not exist, when a review of the earlier posts

would have shown that it did.

The OP should have realised that this was incorrect, and that part of the

draft defence questioned. However this did not happen.

Unfortunately, a comment from consumeredge (12th Dec 2011 13:41) clearly

pointed out the error in the defence, but nobody seems to have done

anything about it.

Whilst the case probably did not swing on this issue, none of the key

people involved in the thread picked up on the error in the

defence - DESPITE the post from consumeredge pointing it out.

Having said that, it should be noted that the full thread was merged at some

point, could this be why the error was not picked up?

Without seeing the original unmerged threads it seems unlikley anyone can tell.

In response to blondie27,we would suggest that she has not properly

reviewed the thread. The OP has a

responsibility to check what he is putting into legal documents, and

especially when someone posts to point out the error.

In fact on more than one occasion the OP was reminded to check a suggested draft and to edit, add or remove as necessary to suit his own situation.

Perhaps the lesson we have to learn is that before supplying drafts for

users the poster needs to properly review the full thread - or at least

the facts in the first few posts by the OP. But again, it does not help

anyone when the OP starts more than one thread.

Everyone involved in this thread has acted in good faith and the language used by blondie 27 is excessive, unhelpful and not justified by the facts.

This thread is now closed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks