Lloyds/SCM £8.2k credit card claim filed-need help to defend.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

no updates as such.

i did recieve another letter a few weeks back just restating that they would be going for the SJ and that i had 7 days to respond ..

i never responded and havent heared any thing since at all .

What date was the hearing? You probably have a CCJ then now if you didn't object within 7 days.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the letter was from scm solicitors and was dated the 6th sept 2011

and read as follows

dear sirs ref lloyds tsb vs yourself claim no etc etc

we still have not recieved a responce to our letter dated the 9th august 2011 a copy is attatched for ease of reference.

please respond with in the next 7 days ,should we not recieve a breakdown of how you arrived at the settlement figure of £3000 we will make an application to the court for summary judgment .

we look forward to hearing from you reguarding this matter

yours faithfully scm solicitors

I assume you have not received any notification from the Court of an application for SJ? Post up if and when a soon as you do Marty.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Perhaps a call to the Court tomorrow then just to check the status and that they have made no applications. Just to put your mind at ease.

Andy

just rang the court and asked the question as to the status of the case.

the case is a "A STAY NOW"

he said the best thing to do would probably wait and see what happens or i could ring the sols and ask them to clarify if they were disconting the clam.

any advice?

Ok Marty so they threatened SJ on the 6th Sept, ample time to have followed it through.They are waiting on you to expand how you arrived at the proposed figure of settlement £3K, do you want to expand Marty or is that just a gut figure you thought they would accept?

Andy

Ok as the claim is stayed then see what transpires and if they do make application.In the meantime you could try further mediation with them in attempt to consent and discontinue.

Andy

• 1 month later...

quick update

letter from northampton court

reads as follows

to all parties

this claim has been transfered to the (LOCAL COUNTY COURT) for that court to deal with the claiment's application to lift the stay and there be a summary judgment.

the court will refer the application to a judge or if there is to be a hearing,will send you and the other parties notice of the time date and place of hearing.

you will be sent a copy of the judges decision.

all further communication should be addressed to :

(LOCAL COUNTY COURT)

question is what is the likleyhood that the court will go ahead and make a summary judment??

how do i play this just let the local court do there thing and see what happens????

Marty

**** have applied to have the stay lifted , the DJ will have to decide on the grounds of why the stay was put forward

and if they **** have played fair with CPR ect , if the DJ thinks it proper to lift it will mean that you will have to do a witness statement and go to court to fight your corner , Andy will be able to advise if there is anything you can do in the mean time.

I have been watching your thread and wish you luck x

Andy should be back on the 9th November. You might want to start putting a witness statement as to why the SJ should not be permitted and that it should go to a proper hearing.

**** and Restons are very keen to have two bites of the cherry by going for SJs..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Marty,

Have you started your witness statement or are you going to settle?

I have similar going on with HSBC maybe i should start a thread too?

Just trying to read through all the different storys and outcomes its very overwelming!!!

I shall watch yours with interest :-)

• 2 weeks later...

update

letter in the post 22 nov 2011

reads as follows

take notice that the hearing will take place on

23 december 2011 at _______am

at LOCAL county court_

when you should attend

1 hour 30 mins has been allowed for the hearing

please note the case maybe released to another judge,possibly a different court..

nice little present for me before christmas

im guessing that i will have to attend and state why i should not be paying this moneys back to lloyds?

has anyone been through this before and can give me a heads up on what goes on and how i should go about defending it?

thanks for the help

Hi Marty

Ok the claim as been transfered to your local CC, the stay as been lifted and most possibly they have made application for SJ.

23rd Dec so you have time on your side.You need a copy of any application made( some copy you some done but it is considered civil)

If you are not copied and they have made application you need a copy and a copy of any WS if its separate.

You then need to prepare as CB advised, your own WS to oppose their application, and as to why the claim should proceed to trial.

Regards

Andy

right ok

so were can i obtain the copy of the application made??? the court or the sols???

If you are not copied and they have made application you need a copy and a copy of any WS if its separate.

You then need to prepare as CB advised, your own WS to oppose their application, and as to why the claim should proceed to trial.

not sure what this bit means sorry?

as it stands is this looking very bad for me??

right ok

so were can i obtain the copy of the application made??? the court or the sols??? Either as long as you get a copy as you should have been copied anyway (a copy of the application N244 & any Witness statement in support of (if they have made one)

not sure what this bit means sorry? You have to prepare a Witness Statement to oppose their application this must be submitted to the Claimant not less than 7 days pre hearing.

as it stands is this looking very bad for me??

Not if you oppose it and follow the above.

Regards

Andy

so i need to send a letter to there sols requesting a N244 and any witness statements.

once i recieve this do i then send them my witness statement stateing the reasons why i disagree ??

or do i send my witness statement to the court???

sorry for the questions im just a little bit confused with all the procedures i need to get my head round

thanks

so i need to send a letter to there sols requesting a N244 and any witness statements. Sols or Court just get a copy

once i recieve this do i then send them my witness statement stateing the reasons why i disagree ?? Objections yes, to the Claimant not less than 7 days pre

or do i send my witness statement to the court???

sorry for the questions im just a little bit confused with all the procedures i need to get my head round

thanks

Andy

so i have drafted the following letter to the sols

would this be acceptable ???

thanks

SCM SOLICITORS

DEPARTMENT CDR

PO BOX 499

SECOND FLOOR

THREE CITY PARK

THE DROVEWAY,HOVE

EAST SUSSEX

BN3 7AU

28th November 2011

YOUR REF :????????????

Dear sir,

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC -v- Me

Claim Number : ?????????

Please could you forward me the copy of the application N244 and any witness statements

in support of.

Many thanks

me

Or alternatively just a quick phone call to their Sols or the Court, saves a stamp!

Andy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks