Simplybe- Trying to reach agreement

sjclark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can give me a bit of advice. I am slightly behind in my payments but have paid them £500 on a balance that was just over £1000 since the beginning of the year. I have received a letter stating that they plan to assign my debt to a debt recovery agency. I am been in touch with them to ask why and also to state that I just need further time to continue paying of this debt. They now want me to call them and that no further emails will be accepted.

I have replied stating that I would like to continue this in writing ( by old fashioned snail mail!) and I have asked for an address. I think this is the best idea as I want everything on record and nothing to be agreed over the phone.

Can someone let me know if I am within my rights to ask for this, I am not avoiding the debt as I am sure they can see from my recent payments.

Thanks!

I'm assuming you got a letter saying they will be assigning it to a debt recovery organisation, if it is you will find its a computer generated letter that is generated after a number of weeks of non payment (like lots of organisations) I would write to Simply Be at Simply Be, Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester M60 6ES. And offer to make regular payments but at reduced rate as you cant afford the full payment at this time also ask if they can suspend any interest payments as this will stop the overall debt from reducing. I think doing this will be enough, if not then others will be able to offer more advice

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Thanks, I wouldn't mind but it had only been about 3 weeks since my last payment. I am currently paying an amount over to them every four weeks.

I'll drop them a line.

• 1 year later...

got all the statements?

even thought of reclaiming PENALTY fes?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...