Dental problems

johnjordan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure what, if anything, I can do. My wife has had toothache for a couple of years and despite repeated visits to the dentist and to a maxiofacial clinic is still in pain. Her dentist said that she needed a new bridge to replace one that he said was causing the problem. He cut the existing bridge in half but then told her that she needed root canal treatment that he didn't feel qualified enough to do properly but that he knew a man who could do it privately(where have we heard that before?). When she said she couldn't afford that he then said that he couldn't replace the bridge he had cut in half as the existing tooth was not strong enough to take a new one. At present she lives on painkillers and is taken upwards of a dozen Ibuprofen tabs a day.

In addition to this I had a tooth extracted last week but am still in pain. Because of the struggle the dentist had in pulling it out I am not convinced she has taken out all the tooth as firstly the cavity has not started to close at all and secondly I'm sure I can see and feel the outer shell of the tooth. It feels as if she has just drilled out the middle and left the shell: she did use the drill quite a bit as she didn't seem able to extract it in the usual way.

Anyway, the point of this post is to ask if anyone knows where we could go to get an independent unbiased opinion as to whether we have received proper treatment. Some years ago when I needed a lot of treatment I had to attend some kind of assessment to see if the work was justified. This is what I think we both need now to see if we have been mistreated.