EGG PPI Claim process -what is it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well you can accept the payment as a part payment and write to them saying so. At that time you claim the balance.

They will not pay the interest in restitution voluntarily (very, very unlikely anyway). You would probably need to sue to get it. Fos won't give you the higher rate, they will order the reconstruction of the account and if in any month the removal of ppi creates a credit balance, you will get 8% on that credit balance.

You can get a higher interest but you would need to forget fos and get into a court case with them to get it.

It much depends how hard and far you want to push it.

Regards

ims

ok, well they have paid interest at 8% where there should be acredit balance, so no point going to FOS. I don't mind taking it to court as did many a time with the bank charges. I notice that if the court order restitutionary damages then the defedant has to disclose their accounts.

Is it likely that Egg would take it as far as a hearing?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, well they have paid interest at 8% where there should be acredit balance, so no point going to FOS. I don't mind taking it to court as did many a time with the bank charges. I notice that if the court order restitutionary damages then the defedant has to disclose their accounts.

Is it likely that Egg would take it as far as a hearing?

Well that's the question isn't it?

I think that anyone considering court action has to be fully prepared to go into the court room if need be. I think the train of thought must be that yes they will take it all the way but its a bonus if they don't.

Sorry but crystal ball isn't working at the mo :razz:

Regards

ims

Well that's the question isn't it?

I think that anyone considering court action has to be fully prepared to go into the court room if need be. I think the train of thought must be that yes they will take it all the way but its a bonus if they don't.

Sorry but crystal ball isn't working at the mo :razz:

Regards

ims

Lol, good answer Ims, and thanks again. I will see what they come back with and consider my position.

Thanks again.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

interesting how I have not had a response for my demand for the interest in restitution.

Basically told them if I've been missold something I have the right to it and if it goes to court, they will award it. I also pointed out that I they had sent a letter with y cheque saying that they upholding my complaint, so I find it difficult how they would then deny it in court.

I will let you know when I get a letter in resposne to that!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Cool...well it was a LBA too, so I will see what they come back with.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

They won't cough up interest in restitution voluntarily....if you want that you will have to sue.

ims

Got a letter saying they were right and if I wanted a breakdown I needed my statements and to fill in the form for a copy of them at £5 a pop (I know I could put in a SAR for £!0 so that doens't bother me). I have all statements anyway, so they do one.

Hmmm...got to consider my position here as I think I may not sue them and just keep the money

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• dx100uk changed the title to EGG PPI Claim process -what is it?