Arrow/Fred. debt to Orange for a mobile phone contract I have never entered into.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Is this thread still active? As i have also recieved a letter from Arrow/Fred. regarding a debt to Orange for a mobile phone contract I have never entered into.

Unfortunetly I didn't come here first to read the do's and don'ts of how to deal with this sort of thing, I made the mistake of phoning them to find out what it was all about as I had never heard of Arrow Global. Long story short I was advized by Fred, that if I am denying any knowledge of this then it must be fraud and need to get a crime number, which the police wouldn't give me without some sort of evidence ie a contract, I asked Fred for this but all they sent was a Statement of Account and a letter with ''what my proposals for the discharge of this account'' will be.

What should my next move be??

Edited by WIDYCHI

Hi,

I've started a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi All,

Is this thread still active? As i have also recieved a letter from Arrow/Fred. regarding a debt to Orange for a mobile phone contract I have never entered into.

Unfortunetly I didn't come here first to read the do's and don'ts of how to deal with this sort of thing, I made the mistake of phoning them to find out what it was all about as I had never heard of Arrow Global. Long story short I was advized by Fred, that if I am denying any knowledge of this then it must be fraud and need to get a crime number, which the police wouldn't give me without some sort of evidence ie a contract, I asked Fred for this but all they sent was a Statement of Account and a letter with ''what my proposals for the discharge of this account'' will be.

What should my next move be??

Hi lets have some details of what you have received from both Fredrickson and Arrow Global.

Have you ever had an Orange account at all?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig,

I can't find the original letter they wrote to me, but it was just a basic '' we're claiming you owe our client Arrow Global £141'' and that was all it said, nothing about what it was for or anything which is why I phoned them as I had never heard of Arrow Global, that's when I was told the original debt was for an Orange mobile phone contract which I told them I had never had. I've only ever had a PAYG mobile, which just so happens to be with Orange, as I said previously I was told by Freds while I was on the phone to them that if I'm denying ever having a contract with Orange then someone must have using my ID and that would be a case of fraud, I would need to report it to the police and get a crime number and pass that on to them.

I then recieved a letter from them saying '' We note that you claim that the information we have been provided with maybe incorrect and in order that we may resolve this matter, could you please provide written confirmation of your dispute. This will assist us in working with our client to bring this matter to an early conclusion.

I wrote back saying with regards the letter they had sent me '' I dispute owing Arrow Global any monies and that on the advice given to me on the phone had reported it to the police and the fact that the police had advised me to be carefull when dealing with people who send you letters saying you owe money and to ring them on premium numbers like 0845 as this could be a [problem], also the police would not give me a crime number without seeing some sort of evidence, like a contract and that i had phoned and told them what the police had said and was waiting to hear from them.

The last letter I recieved from them was the one with the Statement of Account from Orange attached.

In the mean time as they had put the idea of someone fraudulently using my ID. I contacted Orange and gave them the account number which they confirmed was an outstanding account from 2007, when i told them what i had told Freds they told me to fax all the details to there fraud dept, which I have also done.

After reading on here that when something like this is in dispute (which they put in their previous letter) they weren't allowed to persue you for money untill the case as been resolved.

Thanks for any help offered

Steve

Hi Steve, just in the middle of something will get back in about 20mins

brig

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Steve,

Although ''service'' contracts are not covered the same as loans/cards etc. under CCA1974,

You can still send Freds and Arrow an account in dispute letter,use the template in the library and

edit to suit.

I am of the mind that you made need the Subject Access request under Data Protection Act to get all

the paper work on the account from Orange, cost is £10.00 best to send unsigned Postal Order, they have 40days to respond

with all the data they hold.

Hope this helps,

Brig.

Hi Send to Orange the hold all the data, and tell the gormless DCA's sweet FA when they assign or sell debts.

Brig