Service manuel not stamped at dealer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently bought a used car from a garage. The website claim that a service will be done if there is less than 3 months remaining. In the service manuel it said there was one due 2 1/2 months after I bought the car so i booked one in with a main dealer. I now have a bill of £1000 so I went back to the garage to query why a service was not carried out hence the faults were not found. But they say they did do a service but they didnt fill out my service book. Why would I book and pay for a service if I knew one had recently been done? The garage says there is nothing they can do and I got to fit the bill. Have I got any rights here?

Er........no. There is no legal obligation to stamp the service book. I'd be more concerned with the bill/estimate for a grand you have been presented with after a short period of time of ownership...

The garage I bought the car from so the work didnt need to be done but the SEAT garage said it needed to be done hence why I got to foot the bill.

A service does not cost £1000, fault rectification might. So, what EXACTLY have you been billed for? Any faults should have been brought to your attention for your agreement to fix before doing so - you MUST give the selling garage an opportunity to rectify faults, you haven't if another garage has fixed unless they are emergency repairs.