style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi G uys just another quick questin if anyone can help,they have expert witness who will take up most of the day talking tech can I ask the tribunal to just call her and ask her to explain her dribble in laymens time so as to save time ,sorry another quick question on the day of the tribunal,in unfair dismissal claim do the respondents go first,or the claimant,because the respondents have 3 witnesses and they have said they will take up 1 day of the two day hearing ,I also have 2 witnesses so wont be left with much time to cross exaimine ,this doesnt seem fair as they are trying to delay my cross examining,any advice would be a great help guys thankyou ,bye the way my case should be on Monday but have to wait till 4pm to see if its still on as theres a problem,hopefully it will go on.

I'd contact the ET ASAP if you've concerns over the number of witnesses proportionate to the amount of time that 's been alloted for the case to be heard.

Has there been a CMD? Does the ET know how many witnesses you'll be calling?

Ultimately, it's for the ET to decide if a witness is going into unnecessary detail or taking too long. The Employment Judge will have their eye on the clock, don't worry.

In a UD, the Respondant would normally go first.

Thanks for that Racheal,in the pre hearing we stated what witnesses were going to attend they did say they would bring expert,but reading the witness statements she goes on and on mostly dribble so I hope the judge will get bored and stop her,I know what shes talking about but they wont ,also Im still awaitng the phone call to see if its still on for Monday or not,and thanks for the info ,I thought I went first never mind doesnt matter either way, one question if the case is postponed and resheduled could I add a piece of evidence thats just come into my possesion,I believe I have 7 days to submit something before the case do you know if this is correct ,I know I couldnt use it on Monday but just wondered if it could be used if as I say its resheduled?

If the EJ doesn't understand what the expert is talking about, they'll get told to make sense or shut up. PDQ.

Have you been to an ET to sit in and see what happens? EJ's don't mess about, IME.

If you've got evidence that you feel will help your case, bung a copy to the respondant now. Then take it along on Monday/whenever and argue all you can that it's relevant.

Trust me, the respondant would if it was the other way round. I had a phone book plonked in front of me by the respondant as we walked into the ET.