Heropanda

What would you do with Wonga in this circumstance?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3047 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have just signed up to Checkmyfile and as this is now picking up Callcredit information a massive raft of entries from Wonga has been detected on my account going back to last year. In all there are 15 settled entries and 1 open entry where the noted currence balance is £2121.

This would probably link back to a loan taken out for £1088 over a one month period so with interest would have been £1300ish. At the time they very aggressively sought money from my bank account, they managed to take over £225 direct from the account even after i had cancelled my bank card. I still don't know how they managed to take this money as it wasn't available and put me £200 overdrawn incurring a whole load of additional charges and interest.

This was around the time i was made redundant and life was in significant upheaval, so i'll admit that my actions weren't the best but when your life is falling apart then you don't always make the best choices.

This puts me in the situation now where it's just about to go to default (it may already have as the last entry was April and at a 6) and i imagine the debts will have risen to £2500 ish by now at their earlier rate of progression. I haven't heard from them in a long time and although i no longer live at the address every other bit of communication has been via email so i would have expected correspondance to continue via these means.So it seems my options are as follows:-

1) Ignore it, take the limited hit that it only seems to be reported on Callcredit. This option is feasible as i don't live at the address they have for me as i had to move out due to lack of a job.

2) Talk to them and offer a reduced settlement figure and negotiate the removal of negative credit information running the risk of starting a period of harassment from them.

3) Allow the debt to go to default and then challenge that the majority of the debt consists of penalty charges and extortionate interest. By my calculations the one month loan + interest would be £1300ish, they have taken £225 from me so the maximum balance i could be defaulted on should be closer to £1050-£1100 shouldn't it?

What would you guys do?I already have one default currently registered by Mackenzie Hall so i'm already a little bit buggered for a few years anyways, advice?

Edited by Heropanda

Hi hero

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Don't have much knowledge with regard to these loans, but, to be honest negoiating removing anything from a credit file unless you have proof positive, is really a non-starter.

I really can't offer any advice as to the options you list, so hopefully others with more knowledge will be along soon.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

your actions wern't the best? Mate no one here will judge you. you've done nothing wrong!!the guys on here will no doubt advise you of the best way to go on. all i will say is i took onboard advice i have seen here and it's working! however nothing happens overnight so just bide your time (this is something i've had to learn since i have been here!)we are here for you mate!!