• Tweets

• you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Plucky v NatWest ***WON***

PLucky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh ok I think im getting there.

So I have to photocopy every single on of my banks statements twice. EEEEK

Correct me if I'm way out of line here, but me thinks that you do not have to p/c every single one of your bank statements only the pages that actually have any charges you have claimed for on them.

Think of the trees, maaannnn

:grin:

Oh, and it is three times

1 x court

1 x cobblers

1 x for your files plus the originals?

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is all of the statements, regardless, because any 'missing' pages may show 'refunds'. (Fat chance, I know but you don't want to be caught with your pants down).

But I'm willing to be corrected.

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

I think it is all of the statements, regardless, because any 'missing' pages may show 'refunds'. (Fat chance, I know but you don't want to be caught with your pants down).

But I'm willing to be corrected.

W

Might be right on that one, but you'll also have the originals showing otherwise?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thank you phoned the court today and They said it is fine to drop it all in tomorrow. Im doing my bundle now, quite enjoying it sadly enough.

Had to get some more reams of paper though haha. Thankfully my printer has a built in photocopier :D

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

04.10.06 - Statements recieved and Prelim letter sent

12.10.06 - Letter from Higgers telling me to take a hike

18.10.06 - LBA sent directly to Stuart Higley

06.11.06 - Moneyclaim issued

14.11.06 Claim Acknowledged

6/8.12.06 - Offer of £950/Defence recieved

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

20.11.06 - Prelim/LBA sent

Right ive think ive done this all correct.

Ive done my Bundle and heres what ive put in it.

I hope this is right as i have to drop it into court tomorrow morning.

Section 1 - Correspondence

Section 2 - Latest Schedule of Charges

- Statements

Section 3 - Case Law Summary

Section 4 - Early day motion form the House of Parliament

-OFT Statement Summary

Section 5 - Dunlop V New Garage

Section 6 - UTCCR 1999

Section 7 - UCTA 1977

Section 8 - SOGA 1982

edit - forgot to add there are a few letters I have misplaced and can not find anywhere, I have added in everything else, all I can do is hope for the best.

The letters I kjnow I havent got are the ones from Northampton court saying my Claim has been served and issued etc

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

Looks good to me, lovey. You've included this on a contents page at the beginning with description and page numbers?

I'm in the process of sorting my own out, finally got the court date I've been waiting for.

You might find this link I came across worth looking at.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/57385-examples-witness-statements-disclosure.html

Good luck, mate. With you in spirit.:p

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Looks good to me, lovey. You've included this on a contents page at the beginning with description and page numbers?

I'm in the process of sorting my own out, finally got the court date I've been waiting for.

You might find this link I came across worth looking at.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/57385-examples-witness-statements-disclosure.html

Good luck, mate. With you in spirit.:p

If imcompletely honest I had glanced at that link but wasnt too sure which bits I needed to use.

Im hoping this big fat wad of info should put the shíts up them enough as it is.

One thing I have wondered is I am a day after the deadline, I have spokent o the court and they are fine with this. But I still havent had anything from Cobbetts, surely they are supposed to be sending the court and myself something as well?

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

Me too, think I'll have to consult master Westy for his input on the link:)

Yep, but they usually do everything at the very last moment.

Maybe it's a sign? Maybe they're waiting on your next move before caving in and sending you a nice,fat, sweet smelling cheque. Might be worth adding to your court bundle....

SHOW ME THE MONEY...NOW:D:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Haha quality,

thanks alot for your help as always Muggins,!

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

Pleasure.

Get some sleep.

Be fresh faced and bushy tailed.

Knock 'em dead.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi

You're missing the OFT statement summary, which you should find in the bundle. Also, if you can find it, the transcript of the ex-Lloyd's top geezer's evidence to the select committee, which has a couple of classics - charges are spread across all activities in order to provide free banking, is one.

That's if you have the time and inclination!

W

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

I think PLucky asked about that earlier on Westy (unless it was another thread I was reading)?:o

Where would one find this transcript, might be useful to me for my bundle?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I downloaded and saved the entire page but can't point you to it on the site. the post was by Begredbus. It read:

"(bank charges) are going to pay for all the people we have who pursue debt, collect debt, speak to customers and chase payments. The way these charges are arrived at is by taking these total costs and making some assumption about the volume that is going to come through to arrive at the individual charges" (House of COmmons, 2nd report, 25 January 2005, paragraph 50)

Therefore you can understand that charges are very subjective and don't represent the true admin cost!

And that's verbatim!!!

Full transcript can be obtained from Hansard.

Must dash - want to Special D my letter to Cobbetts

W

Westy

thanks, MB

I knew I was missing something.......

W

Westy

Hi

You're missing the OFT statement summary, which you should find in the bundle. Also, if you can find it, the transcript of the ex-Lloyd's top geezer's evidence to the select committee, which has a couple of classics - charges are spread across all activities in order to provide free banking, is one.

That's if you have the time and inclination!

W

Hi the OFT statement summary is in there. I put it in Section 4 with the House of Parliment thing. It is up there in my post as well. I've handed it in now anyway so its a bit late to add that transcript but it is somethhing I hadnt heard of before and is very interesting.

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

Hi the OFT statement summary is in there. I put it in Section 4 with the House of Parliment thing. It is up there in my post as well. I've handed it in now anyway so its a bit late to add that transcript but it is somethhing I hadnt heard of before and is very interesting.

"Hi the OFT statement summary is in there. I put it in Section 4 with the House of Parliment thing. It is up there in my post as well."

Ah yes, so it is. I must be blind.

Another sign of my mis-spent youth, perhaps? Maybe everything the teachers told me was true?

W

Westy

Well guess what I recieved today???

A cheque for £1954.29 wahoooo

They even paid me my £100 AQ fee!

Thank you all so much i'm so happy.

They have written on my cheque made payable to "daniel pluckrose in account XXXXXXX"

Is this normal? I have a loan with them for about 1k and I hope theyre not going to try and swallow it up.

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

Well guess what I recieved today???

A cheque for £1954.29 wahoooo

They even paid me my £100 AQ fee!

Thank you all so much i'm so happy.

They have written on my cheque made payable to "daniel pluckrose in account XXXXXXX"

Is this normal? I have a loan with them for about 1k and I hope theyre not going to try and swallow it up.

I think I saw somewhere else that someone on here managed to talk their bank into accepting the cheque in their name once they'd showed proof that that acct. did indeed belong to them.

They do this a lot, I wouldn't imagine they'd swallow it up by demanding fast repayment of a loan though?

I think I saw somewhere else that someone on here managed to talk their bank into accepting the cheque in their name once they'd showed proof that that acct. did indeed belong to them.

How do you mean?

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

Basically, someone got their payout in the form of a cheque with their acct. number on (to make her pay it into the NW acct.)

The amount she retrieved from NW would've been swallowed up immediately by NW who were reschinding her bank services as a result of her claim.

She had an acct. with another high street bank, and the teller agreed to cash the cheque once she'd shown proof of the acct belonging to her IIRC!

Ah right, well My account is in credit. And my loan, well if they ask me to pay it I will, the cheque was going to be used to clear off debts anwhow.

NatWest Claim

17.09.06 - S.A.R. sent

Capital One Claim

03.10.06 - S.A.R. Sent

Ah right, well My account is in credit. And my loan, well if they ask me to pay it I will, the cheque was going to be used to clear off debts anwhow.

You should have no troubles then! Thats what I plan to do with mine, if I get one!