Euro Car Parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am registered disabled and was taken shopping to Marks by another and there were no disable bays available and I parked in a normal space with a Blue Badge displayed and when we got back to car park there was a ticket on screen . I have since written to them sending in my hospital notes etc and they still insist I pay . Well I am ignorning their letters and now they are sending me threatening solicitors letters and have now started calling my house . This is becoming nerve rekking the persistent phone calls. I have written to them to tell them to stop harassing me and that i was not the driver and will not disclose who was. the phone calls keep coming. what do i do now....:-x

Hi there.

You can safely continue to ignore the letters, Euro Car Parks will not take you to court. I have 17 ECP "tickets" in my desk drawer at home from my local Morrisons.

As for the phonecalls, PPCs seem to be phoning people a lot more lately. Next they call, all you need to say is "I unable to discuss this matter over the phone, please take the matter up with the driver in writing" and hang up. If they call again, just say "This debt is disputed. Consequently I am formally requesting that you cease and desist your telephone calls. Any further calls from you will be reported to the authorities under the Protection From Harrasment Act 1997." then hang up. If they have any sense at all, they won't call again after that.

They seem to be phoning people more and more often now.

just chill buddy !!! a bailiff cant come to yours recarding the tickets issue at Euro Car Parks NOR CAN THEY take you to court,all they can do is just send you letters,if you wana pay then go for it but nothing to worry about as it would go to bailiff etc.

This is becoming nerve rekking the persistent phone calls.

Thats the aim of their game.

When they call waste their time.

Tell them to hold and leave them to wait for nobody.

They will get the message and stop calling once it starts costing them time and money.

They will go away in the end, you are just in the system at the moment but there is an end.

just chill buddy !!! a bailiff cant come to yours recarding the tickets issue at Euro Car Parks NOR CAN THEY take you to court,all they can do is just send you letters,if you wana pay then go for it but nothing to worry about as it would go to bailiff etc.

There is NOTHING to stop them taking you to Court! Winning the case would be the problem.

I think the OP is more worried about the calls than anything else.

You can do one of many things, I find a well placed whistle next to the phone helps.

You could also spend the money you save ignoring this invoice on a Trucall machine, excellent tool to stop unwanted calls.

Jogs

I find a well placed whistle next to the phone helps.

Not a good idea as they could have a genuine claim against you - damage to hearing

My approach is either to say I will try to find him or her and then leave them hanging on whicl I make a cup of tea, do the Times crossword, mow the lawn

or if feeling devilish and I have some spare time to waste engage them in a 'pythonesque' conversation - basically talk drivel, silly accent, ask them to speak up, speak slower, take their foot out of their mouth so its clearer etc. etc. its their phone call and it is costing them money

As to the question of a court appearance - they have always failed to carry out their threats even when requested to send the appropriate documents as soon as possible

ECP have said in the Times that they have never done court and never will

I get quite a few unsolicited phone calls, not just from PPC's, but others who want to part me from my cash, so I usually ask them to prove who they are - they cannot, so then they are instructed to "Go away - off!", or words to that effect.

Be rough with them, as rough as a badgers a**se, they 'ain't got a leg to stand on.

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Not a good idea as they could have a genuine claim against you - damage to hearing

l

Not so. Whilst a whistle may be very loud, it cannot cause any hearing damage as the telephone system will, by design, 'clip' the magnitude of sound waves to protect itself.

• Haha 1

I am registered disabled and was taken shopping to Marks by another and there were no disable bays available and I parked in a normal space with a Blue Badge displayed and when we got back to car park there was a ticket on screen . I have since written to them sending in my hospital notes etc and they still insist I pay . Well I am ignorning their letters and now they are sending me threatening solicitors letters and have now started calling my house . This is becoming nerve rekking the persistent phone calls. I have written to them to tell them to stop harassing me and that i was not the driver and will not disclose who was. the phone calls keep coming. what do i do now....:-x

Complain to Marks (or whichever retailer is on that car park). Write to the top man/woman at M&S, Google it to find the info.

Tell them that you are at the end of your tether and thinking of suing them for allowing their agent to harass you . As well as breaching the Proctection from Harassment Act, they have also broken the Equality Act 2010, as you are disabled and entitled to reasonable adjustments when parking your car there to shop.

Explain that you have taken some advice already and realise that you could claim compensation - and certainly will not be paying the fake PCN as neither M&S nor their agent has any authority to fine you. But under the circumstances you felt it only fair to officially complain to M&S first, before proceeding with legal action, as it's their car park. Enclose copies of all the threatograms and tell them about the unremitting telephone calls too. Insist that they call off the parking co and debt collector immediately.

Do not write the letter as an appeal, do not even mention how you were parked. Just complain about the harassment and breach of the Equality Act (previously the DDA). You are entitled to park without harassment when shopping and do not have to put up with this!