• Tweets

• please complete this:    
    • I received a Claim Form issued on 19 Jul 2021. The claimant is ParkingEye Limited.    The alleged offence took place on 22/10/2019. The particulars of claim read as follows:   "Claim for monies outstanding from the Defendant in relation to a Parking Charge (reference xxxxxx/xxxxxx) issued on 25/10/2019. The signage clearly displayed throughput University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff - Staff 4, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XW states that this is private land, managed by ParkingEye Ltd, and that it is subject to terms and consitions, including auhotisation being required for parking, by which those who park agree to be bound (the contract). ParkingEye's ANPR system captured vehicle xxxxx entering and leaving the site on 22/10/2019, and parking without authorisation. Pursuant to Sch 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, notice has been given to the registered keeper, making them liable for the Parking Charge payable upon breach."   As they claim the PCN was issued in October 2019, I do not recall receiving anything in the post. I did receive a Final notice of Debt Recovery from dcbl, demanding £140. However, it had no reference on the letter so I just ignored it. I logged on to ParkingEye's portal to access photographic evidence and did not manage to find the complete PCN, however, there were just two pictures of the car with a time stamp (please see the attached files). I have copied the parking charge details from ParkingEye's website:   Parking charge details Parking Charge Reference: xxxxxx Vehicle Registration Number: xxxxxx Contravention date/time: 22/10/2019 19:41:52 Contravention location: University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff - Staff 4 Location address: Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XW Stay duration: 0 hours 30 minutes Allowed duration: 0 hours 10 minutes Status: Open Outstanding balance: £155.00 (Please allow 24 hours after payment for it to be reflected on the balance)   I do not recall parking there, however I may have entered the car on multiple occasions on the day to turn the car around.   I visited the car park yesterday to take some pictures (please see the second attached file)   I have completed the AOS on moneyclaim.gov.uk   I am looking to file my defence based on the following points: The photographic evidence supplied by the claimant does not prove the car parked in the above mentioned car park. It just shows the front and the back of the car with two different time stamps. The notice which states that it is a staff car park is located right at the end of the car park, which is not noticeable as you approach the car park and the board seems fairly new to me, the claimant has not provided any proof to suggest that it was there when the alleged alleged offence took place? As they have allowed a 10 minute grace period, a £70 charge for 20 minutes is unreasonable.   Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks a lot. Parking Eye 2-converted.pdf 20210725_232345-converted_compressed.pdf
    • Technology firms are scrambling to add new features but will video calls improve.View the full article
    • Strong demand for houses will last into 2022 as buyers react to the pandemic, says property website Zoopla.View the full article
    • Just need a bit of clarification on this. I run my own online business so I think I've got it right, but just good to have some clarification. I bought some items via ibidder auction site. Typically trade and liquidated items for sale there.  The items were men's fragrances and as I gather, auctioneers skip out of a load of the legal consumer right act jargon (from what I recall). Anyway. Several of these fragrances arrived smashed to bits. I logged it with the auction house with all photo's and evidence, and the staff responding even agreed with me that it was clearly damaged in transit.  Anyway, rather than refund me right away or ask me to return said damaged items to get a refund (as should happen right? After all, they pay insurance for their own benefit, to protect themselves as the sender), they put a claim in without refunding me. It's like they have been waiting for compensation to pay me, and if that didn't happen, it's no money for me.  To stop this getting long, the courier refused the claim because the items they sent were prohibited. Terms state anything made partly of wholly of glass won't be compensated and even so, fragrance rules is no more than 4 per parcel (they sent me around 10). Of course that's not my fault, they are responsible for shipment of goods and if they choose to cut corners, then regardless of it being trade lots, that's on them, not me. They've breached compensation terms of the courier and yet because of them not getting compensation, they wont give me my money back, even though they agreed from the evidence that items were clearly damaged in transit.  My thoughts on this (please tell me if I'm wrong): First port of call as they aren't forthcoming via emails is to put the pressure on them. Truthful bad reviews on sites like trustpilot will surely make them want to do the right thing? (That step is already done, by all means I'm happy to hear that I was wrong or it was stupid).   If that fails then it's down to an LBA, not just for the amount lost out on but also for loss of value of other items in the package (glass, liquid damage to those items reducing the value) and reasonable hours lost where instead of putting into my own business, I've been dealing with them.    The sum is low, some £50 or so. Yet it's the principal. I have to deal with customers day in, day out and if I cut corners by not fully insuring shipments, then it's me who takes the brunt and has to refund the customer anyway, so why should another businesses risk mean I've lost out? Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

virgin mobile billing issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi renewed our virgin mobile contracts in feb this year we have two mobiles new deal was 2 x £30 contracts discounted down to £15 1st month both bills came in without the discount called to get it sorted and told it was a one of human error

2nd month wifes phone correct bill my one same as previous month phoned again they said all sorted

3rd month same again now gettin fed up

4th month same again this time had a go made a complaint (verbal) said if not sorted will cancell contract and seek compensation for all my wasted time they said complaint noted on screen and reasured all was resolved

today text arrives bill still wrong am in any position to now cancel this contract or seek compensation, have they failed on there part

regards casper

Follow their complaints code here and get something put in writing to them (via email is good, just make sure you keep a copy) As you have already complained, ask for your complaint to be looked at by a manager and tell them what you feel is a fair solution. Tell them if they don't agree that you would like to escalate your complaint to CISAS so could they issue you with a DEADLOCK letter.

Let us know the outcome please :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

spoke to manager just as incompentent as the rest of the team told us was to late to recall the bill and the wrong amount would come out of our account unless we went to bank cancel dd the pay over phone and re set up dd what an idiot told him if they take the wrong amount i report it as theft (just to wind him up) anyway told him i was there error so they should sort it there end had a bit of a rant about all the fob offs said wanted i wanted it sorted that day (last friday) manager said will go see what can be done and would ring bk by 5 no fail never did wife managed to get to town to cancel dd now got there collections team after us threatening to cut us off wife cant ring to pay at the moment she a nurse and doing double shifts besides he said there would be notes on our file to prevent this happening.

have they done enough wrong for me to say terminate the account with a zero balance

or any help on wording of a letter of complaint

regards casper

Try emailing the CEO if you're still not getting anywhere

[email protected]

Edited by locutus

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

cheers locutus that will come in very usefull all they would agree to was £25 compo which just clears this months bill nothing for all our wasted time total of 6 hrs of phone calls most of which time was spent on hold told the wont set up dd till we Know next bill is correct but told us if we dont re set up they will suspend my service so looks like we will have to see what happens next month

• 3 months later...

Ok brief update eventually got compensation in the way of 2 months free line rental so july and august both of my bills by text said zero to pay but quess what

september bill was wrong so back to square one, phoned them to rectify the bill had a rant told them will be contacting the ceo if it happens again and today got

octobers text and the bill is still wrong.

Have now sent a stern email to the ceo lets see i will sort it will keep you posted.

In the event he does nothing and this continues what would my next step be, would i have grounds to tell them to stick there contract

regards casper

as i was posting had this reply

Thank you for your email.

I'm really sorry that you're unhappy. Neil is unable to deal with your complaint personally as he is currently on annual leave in a country with a large time difference. However, I've passed your email onto a member of his team and someone will be in contact by close of play Monday.

Raj Tandon on behalf of Neil Berkett

Further update just 3 hrs after sending email had a phone call from the ceo office they have cancelled my phone contract and re set it up which they garantee will solve the problem and as a further gesture have written of this months bill and next months aswell and also given £15 of the other phone next month and have given us a direct number for the ceo office should there be any other issues so we dont have to speak to the idiots in customer services

excelent news :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar