style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've sent my letter off to welcome to VT i phoned them today to see what there playin at since they haven't got back to me. The man on the phone said a letter has been sent out to my home quoting the liabilty i'll owe. I said i've payed well over half and he went on to say i'll still owe them for the insurances. I didnt take out PPI but i have got shortfall extra emergency recover and mechanical breakdown. Will i still owe these? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for your replys guys, a man phoned me yesterday asking me when i want it picking up. I currently have a dent on the back door panel and a long scrath going accross the two doors. I dont know weather to get it done as its going to cost me about £250. Ive also recieved the letter of welcome and they say i owe them £752 for the insurances. I think this is about right but ****ed off aswell!! postggj can i accually claim it back for mis-selling? How do i do it if i want to? Also do you think i should cancel my direct debit now? What do you reckon guys?

When I did my VT with Welcome it was all done within 2 weeks, as long as you are over the 50% mark you can cancel the DD.

Thinking back to when you took the car was the insurances compulsory, as Welcome would say that you had to have the insurances to have the finance. If so then they were miss sold and you can claim them back.

Do you have proof that they have received your VT instructions.

As for the damage it might be worth of trying to get the damage do yourself. My car was taken straight to the auction, I don't think that Welcome are to worried about the cars they just want to clear as many accounts as possible.

I did try a full and final settlement offer with them which they might go for as you probably know they in big trouble.

JJ

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes i have recieved confirmation by this letter it says i dont owe for the goods just £752 for the insurances. I think they probably did say they was compulary and tried to get me on ppi but couldnt because i was self employed. Do you know how i go about claiming for miss-selling? I have used my emergency breakdown twice though. I dont know if I should get it fixed then before I hand it back suppose its risky if not? but as you say they want to clear the cars. The guy who phoned me was from another company coming to collect the car, I assume he will take it straight to auction? If so this means rac won't check it over though which makes me not want to get it fixed!! LOL. Cant wait for this to be over!! :)

Does sound like mine, no RAC inspection was made the company who collection did a brief walk around and then it was gone (hooray).

It was quite funny they said I owed £5.85 and even got their 'high risk' department to chase me until I proved I owed them nothing.

I don't know if you can claim the insurance was miss sold as you have used it, perhaps Postggj might have a look and advise.

JJ

My insurances altogether is £43 per month. Yeah I think i will offer them that and see what happens, got nothing to lose really and if not ill just set a new direct debit up of £43 if I can. I feel better about the whole situation now anyway, cheers mate.