ESA Appeal Time Limit

bailey49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been on employment support allowance since December last year, I went to ATOS medical and was awarded 6 points and was informed my esa would be stopped my local CAB helped me complete an appeal when they restarted the appeal process can anyone tell me how long this takes before the appeal is heard?

many thanks

Hello there, welcome to the forum.

Could you tell us a bit more please? When was your Atos 'medical' that gave you 6 points? [Quite good compared with a lot of people here, but that doesn't help you :(.]

Have the CAB asked the DWP to reconsider their decision to stop your ESA? I'm not sure if should stop if you're appealing, hopefully someone else will comment on that. I would have thought you'd be on the Assessment Rate.

The next thing that should happen is a letter from the DWP decision maker [DM] saying if they've changed their minds or not. Often they don't, please don't be disappointed if that happens.

Then you're into the tribunal appeal system, which I've done and so have plenty of people here. The time it takes will depend on how busy your local tribunal people are, but most people wait months, I think mine was nearly a year.

Please let us know a bit more and people should be along to advise you later.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The assessment rate should restart - you may need to give the DWP a call just to check it has been put back into payment - sometimes they forget. Or if you have only just sent the appeal, payments won't be processed until the appeal is processed as received. If its still sitting in someone's in tray....

thank you for your replies very much appreciated, when the cab helped me complete appeal form I also submitted a letter from my gp stating that I was unable to work at this stage, they started my payments again but it has been months since it has been in and dont know how much longer I have to wait

many thanks