Mackenzie Hall - Letter Delivered to work

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3389 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wonder if I could pick anyones brains with this one.

I have had a letter delivered to me at work from Mackenzie Hall. It is on a

plain piece of paper, no address of theirs, just a typed letter.

It says we are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter.

We have been provided your address as being the possible business details for our subject.

Therefore if you are the person named above then please contact our office immediately.

Are they allowed to do this. The last person I dealt with at Mackenzie Hall a Marianne Watson

has my Work Email address - everything.

They have told me they are going to get a County Court Judgement against me. This was weeks

ago and still nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Judi5060

Hi judi

The OFT Guidelines on Debt Collection state that they should not contact you at work as it could cause you embarrasment. You should lodge a complaint against

them with the OFT, easliy done online. Also with Trading Standards, keep that letter safe, I'm sure the Judge would like to see it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

nsughty muckyhall - totally against guidelines, get complaining!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Once again it is a fishing letter that they use, the debt is normally Statute Barred when they go down this route. Nevertheless Complain.

Edited by Crocdoc

Complain to East Ayrshire Trading Standards http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/item_detail.asp?UIN=1492

This company is well within the radar of the OFT; http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2009/44-09

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Will they ever learn?

I sometimes wonder if Trading Standards aren't a complete joke!

Muck Hall have been doing this for years and are STILL doing it?

Go figure!

RI

Hi Judi

You state that you have had contact with someone at Mackenzie Hall in the past, so is this relating to something you already know about?

If they have made contact with you for something that you know nothing about, then I would suggest you ignore the letter.

I have endured five years of harassment from DCA's up and down the Country relating to debts which are no concern of mine.

This is as a result of me quite stupidly responding to the very first letter which asked me to make IMMEDIATE CONTACT BY PHONE regarding a private and confidential matter.

Getting back to Mackenzie Hall, I received a similar letter from them and totally ignored it.

They obtained my phone number which is ex directory, and left me a recorded message on two occasions asking me to make contact.

I again ignored the request, and they haven't bothered me since.

I would stress 2 points, certainly do not respond, and you must make the official complaint. Remember you have found CAG many others may be embarrassed/frightened by this tactic and the images of men turning up at work force them to make contact, their actions go against guidelines as already pointed out and the OFT and TS need to know.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

This seems to be a common tactic for Mackenzie Hall, they put it down to system errors but I seriously doubt this is some kind of error, more like a deliberate action.

Have £20k+ in debt, seriously want to be debt free, currently in temporary accomodation and having business problems.

Agreed, if it was a system error, then why is it not on a machenzie hall letter headed piece of paper - the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.