Subject Access Request

louby01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i've mad an Subject Access Request to a large electrical company. The have refused to supply any information and have not given a reason for refusal. Can they do this? I asked for transcripts, details of third parties htey may have given my info to and details of phe records. Any help appreciated.

Hi

I think we would need a little more information before specific advice can be given however, if any company has personal data about you, you have the right to see it.

Why do you need the data?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It was a comp i bought a portable DVD player from. it was faulty and returned to them then they sent me the wrong item in its place. I had to contact them several times to get sorted. Then item overheating. Rang them - they said to return and then sent back to me saying out of warranty. Which it was by two months. When i asked why the advisor told me to return it, they said listened to call and I told them I bought three months ago??? Garbage. Hence the sar. I dont thin the comp have logged calls / details correctly. They then said to sent it to them anyway (USB drive not working properley) I explained that the advisor had my account on screen and the call lasted nine minutes - plenty of time for her to see history on account and the date of purchase. If out of warranty then out of warranty. My argument to them was that due to faulty goods and replacements and them sending wrong items, they wasted 2-3 mths of my warranty. Advised them of my stat rights but really annoyed that they are saying I lied about time i bought item.

In that case, as they are refusing to disclose without a reason, I would send them another letter giving them a further 14 days to respond or you will report them to the Information commissioner. (on the assumption they are already over the 40 days) If they sent the £10 back, resend that too

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE