• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HSBC Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies but I need to resurrect this and get the claim for mis-sold PPI in to HSBC ASAP.

HSBC have 3 CCJs against us and we have just received a B132 Notice from the Land Registry.

Although there is an existing thread I would like to start a new one as the figures have changed.

I also intend to claim back the back charges and interest that have been applied to our current account as a direct result of the mis-sold PPI. i.e. if the mis-sold PPI payments had not been taken from our account then we would not have exceeded our O/D limit and incurred charges and interest. I believe that this is what a court would call, "Restoring us to the financial position that we would have been in?"

Details to follow:

no doesn't work like that UNLESS it was JUST the PPI payment that was causing the issue , then you can after reclaiming.

you REALLY should have sorted these issues before.

look on the FOS website

lots of info there inc the PPI complaint form.

get an SOC done too and then fire thm off at HSBC.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was mis-sold a personal loan on 30th November 2004 to clear our joint bank account overdraft:

Principal Loan "in my name"

Personal Loan

Amount of Loan £3250.00

Total Charge for Credit £1284.24

APR 14.9%

Total amount payable

under this agreement £4534.24

Repayment

Initial repayment £75.02

Date of 1st repayment 1st January 2005

59 further monthly payments of £75.58

on the same day in each

month thereafter

Credit Protection Insurance

Amount of Premium £816.62

(including Insurance Premium Tax at the appropriate rate)

Amount of Loan £810.00

Total Charge for Credit £320.07

Total Amount payable

under this agreement £1130.07

Repayment

Initial repayment £19.10

Date of 1st repayment 1st January 2005

59 further monthly payments of £18.83

on the same day in each

month thereafter

27th July 2006 my loan

Outstanding balance of £3221.20 paid off by provision of new loan in my partner's name

Loan Protection Refund of £348.07

Thanks dx

It was mostly bank charges that kept pushing us over our O/D limit. Plus some PPI....

I suppose we've lost that one...

I suppose I could either hang myself or try and get something back....

IF the 19 PPI payments that I made on the loan before it was settled had not been debited to my account then I WOULD not have gone overdrawn.

1 x 19.10

18 x 18.83

= £358.04

So surely if during that time I went overdrawn by £15 and incurred charges of £50 which made me overdrawn the following month etc etc I should be able to reclaim them?

(Apologies if you have all been over this many times.)

Hi there dog (don't want to call you smelly!)

as dx says, it doesn't quite work like you're hoping.

However, we know that the ppi can come back plus interest so that would help your finances a little so I would concentrate on that.

On the other side of things I think you're saying that because you would not have gone overdrawn had the ppi not been paid, the excess charges would not have been added and there would have been no ccj. I assume you want to look at getting the ccjs overturned.

I think you'll have a fight and a half on your hands personally because not only have you got to show that the extra charges are unlawful and then you have the next battle to get the ccjs overturned. Personally I don't think you'll succeed. Others may disagree.

ims

gloosed over the ccj's..huh going blind

i take you must have been aware the ccj's were being taken out?

did you defend?

did you do anything your way regasrding the ccj's?

or did you just play rollover dog and let them drill them through?

more of the story please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm struggling to make any sense of the figures that I have.

30/11/04 £4060 paid into my account after I took out a loan for £3250 plus PPI plus interest as above.

Same day £816.62 paid out for insurance premium.

04/01/05 1st repayment of 94.12

then 18 further payments at the beginning of each month of £94.41

So in total I paid off £1,793.50 of which £358.04 was PPI.

Then when the loan was paid off on 27/07/06 they refund me £348.07 PPI

How does this leave a balance of £3,221.20 ????? which was the amount to pay off the loan we borrowed another £8,500.00 plus £2,010.00 PPI plus interest on 27/07/06

How much should I be claiming for on the intitial loan? Allowing for the fact that they refunded me part of it?

Thanks

Thanks ims and dx.

Yep. I'm ****!

In my defence I have a Father who is suffering with Liver Failure; a Father In Law who is incapacitated with a stroke; three children and being self-employed am struggling to find work (like a lot of people.)

My partner seemed to think that if we let the debts go to court then at least they wouldn't grow.

I was under the impression (possibly deluded) that I could claim back some or all of the charges on our aco**** on the back of the mis-sold PPI.

I looked at challenging the first ccj but missed the deadline by one day.

So I guess I am **** and stupid.

Nevertheless I am trying to salvage something from this.

I am attempting to calculate how much I should be claiming for using the following information.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1596473

&

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi/redress.html

But I am getting confused...

Can anyone help please?

Hi SD

There's enough in your previous posts for me to have a look at the figures and do some calculations for you so don't worry about the PM at the moment. Let me report back and then we can all see where we go from there.

Regards

ims

Details of 2nd loan:

27th July 2006 my loan

paid off by new loan sum of £3221.20

Loan Protection Refund of £348.07

Principal Loan in my partner's name

Personal Loan

Amount of Loan £8500.00

Total Charge for Credit £2880.14

APR 11.9%

Total amount payable

under this agreement £11380.14

Repayment

Initial repayment £189.61

Date of 1st repayment 1st November 2006

59 further monthly payments of £189.67

on the same day in each

month thereafter

Personal Loan Protection Plan Loan

Amount of Loan £2010.00

(including Insurance Premium Tax at the appropriate rate)

Total Charge for Credit £681.10

Total Amount payable

under this agreement £2691.10

Repayment

Initial repayment £44.95

Date of 1st repayment 1st November 2006

59 further monthly payments of £44.85

on the same day in each

month thereafter

As a rough guide we made continuous payments on the 2nd loan until 1st July 2010.

I will go through my statements and calculate exactly when the payments were; when they stopped; when the PPI was cancelled and when the loan defaulted; when the loan went to court etc.

Hi SD

OK, lets deal with loan 1.

Cash Loan is £3,250, PPI Loan is £810 so total loan £4,060. PPI is 19.95% of total loan (810/4040 x 100).

Your actual payments are easy, 1 of £19.10 and 18 of £18.83. You can enter these 19 payments in the spreadsheet I've attached at the end of this post.

The settlement figure of the loan was £3,221.20. the ppi part would be 19.95% of this balance i.e. £642.62. against this you had a rebate of £348.07. Take one from the other and you end up with the overpayment of PPI hich was rolled into loan 2. 642.62 - 348.07 = £294.55. So of loan 2, an amount of £294.55 is paying off the ppi on loan 1. When we know the full data for loan 2 as in your above post, we can work out the claim for loan 2.

With regard to the attached spreadsheet, you only need to enter data in columns A (Date of Payment), B (Nature of Payment i.e. ppi premium) and C (Amount of payment). You only do this for the 19 payments actually made. The spreadsheet will calculate the 8% Statutory interest for you. Also you need to amend the blue section at the top to include your personal details.

ims

StatutoryInt.xls

2nd Loan in name of my partner:

1st Payment of £44.95 on 1st November 2006

then further 44 payments of £44.85

Total of £2018.35 paid.

Last payment 01/07/2010

August payment 2010 reversed due to lack of funds.

PPI cancelled shortly afterwards (by the bank) and loan defaulted after that.

Same question as above.

Do I also add in the £2010.70 Premium debited from my account on 27/07/06 when the loan was setup?

Thanks

SD

Only just had time to do this.

Do I put £810 into the Spread-sheet too?

Hi SD

No you don't put the £810 in the spreadsheet. You just put the monthly amounts paid

ims

2nd Loan in name of my partner:

1st Payment of £44.95 on 1st November 2006

then further 44 payments of £44.85

Total of £2018.35 paid.

Last payment 01/07/2010

August payment 2010 reversed due to lack of funds.

PPI cancelled shortly afterwards (by the bank) and loan defaulted after that.

Same question as above.

Do I also add in the £2010.70 Premium debited from my account on 27/07/06 when the loan was setup?

Thanks

SD

Hi SD

I'll have a look at loan 2 tonight and post back later

ims