My endless Quest again Northern Rock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unregulated suggests this is a second charge loan in a property and perfectly legal. How is it a mortgage if unsecured, or has the property been sold?

Incidentally I'm sure I've seen you post on another thread about this haven't i? Helps to keep info together so people don't have to keep asking the same questions.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thanks for the post.

The other post is something different which is why I didnt post there. I am not trying to be awkward, just trying to have posts that are relevant to the topic.

Returning to the post above:

still have the property, there is no 'first' legal mortgage for the loan, and there is no regulated mortgage contract

"Mortgage" thus:

The Financial Services and Markets Act2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001" Part II, Chapter XV TheActivities, Article 61 (4) (a).

Therefore, we have an unsecured, unregulated mortgage contract do we?

thanks for the post.

The other post is something different which is why I didnt post there. I am not trying to be awkward, just trying to have posts that are relevant to the topic.

Returning to the post above:

still have the property, there is no 'first' legal mortgage for the loan, and there is no regulated mortgage contract

"Mortgage" thus:

The Financial Services and Markets Act2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001" Part II, Chapter XV TheActivities, Article 61 (4) (a).

Therefore, we have an unsecured, unregulated mortgage contract do we?

Can you post a link and copy the specific part you're referring to please.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

and as a result...I was thinking of:

"The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999"

Again, can you be more specific please.

Ok, so can we go back a stage. I'm trying to get my head round this.

Definition:-

mortgage

noun: mortgage; plural noun: mortgages

a legal agreement by which a bank, building society, etc. lends money at interest in exchange for taking title of the debtor's property, with the condition that the conveyance of title becomes void upon the payment of the debt.

So can you please clarify why you call it a mortgage if it's unsecured?

Has there been another mortgage on it previously?

NRAM plc call it a mortgage, but it is not. It cannot be in law, when it is unsecured, unregulated, and unregistered as a Charge.

That would be "implausible".

The definition of a 'regulated mortgage contract' is defined under the FCA(Perg).

The definition of a 'first legal mortgage' is defined under FinancialServices and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001" Part II,Chapter XV The Activities, Article 61 (4) (a).

The definition of a charge is defined as meaning 'a mortgage, charge or lienfor securing money or money's worth' (Land Registration Act 2002, s132).

So why have nram called it a mortgage?

Was there ever a mortgage on the property?

Was it under or over £25k?

Did you borrow money off nram?

• Haha 1

I have no idea why NRAM called it a mortgage. It is not, in law.

I dont understand the relevance of the other questions? Was there ever a mortgage, was it over 25k, did you borrow are immaterial.

the fact remains there is NO mortgage.

I dont understand your point. You seem to be suggesting that a 'mortgage' can be a mortage without following the statutory legislation??

That is obviously wrong, is it not?

I also find it "implausible" that 9.2 million people in the UK would just repay a mortgage without checking if it is in fact a 'mortgage' following statutory legislation.

I have no idea why NRAM called it a mortgage. It is not, in law.

I dont understand the relevance of the other questions? Was there ever a mortgage, was it over 25k, did you borrow are immaterial.

the fact remains there is NO mortgage.

I dont understand your point. You seem to be suggesting that a 'mortgage' can be a mortage without following the statutory legislation??

That is obviously wrong, is it not?

I also find it "implausible" that 9.2 million people in the UK would just repay a mortgage without checking if it is in fact a 'mortgage' following statutory legislation.

I think the point is that you have asked a question and to enable someone to answer it, Caro has asked you both rational and sensible questions.

If you want an answer to a question, I am sorry you will have to provide further information.

Yes Mark, I am Bones

Showing a little more courtesy to the people that post in response to your numerous posts about nram, would not go a miss either. You might get more people responding to you

• Haha 1

Yes Mark, I am Bones

There is nothing legally wrong with an unregulated mortgage which second mortgages are, and which are generally for secured loans over £25k. It is quite possible that there had been a first mortgage which was subsequently paid off. Hence my questions trying to establish the facts so that a proper answer to your query can be provided, rather than glibly giving an ill-informed response.

There is nothing legally wrong with an unregulated mortgage which second mortgages are, and which are generally for secured loans over £25k. It is quite possible that there had been a first mortgage which was subsequently paid off. Hence my questions trying to establish the facts so that a proper answer to your query can be provided, rather than glibly giving an ill-informed response.

There really is a complete misunderstanding of what I am saying.

You are all incorrect on the term 'mortgage'. A mortgage has to be secured against the property.

If I am wrong, then please put me straight on the matter.

Edited by honeybee13
Nasty comments removed.

Please close this post - I dont want to fall out over this.

I just hope the 9.2million people heck their mortgages, and the legallity of them!!

:lol::lol:

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative comments removed.

We all understand that a mortgage is secured against a property and are trying to establish why yours apparently isn't.

If you want people to just agree with what you think then that's up to you and this fat ar5e won't waste their time responding, but if you want to establish facts and legal arguments then please feel free to post without insulting other caggers.

Thanks HB.