style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

IMyself and my partner entered an IVA 2 years back - we had about 90K joint debt ( 30K was NR together loan )

Our payments were £870 over 6 years ( extra year because of NR )

It was tough butwe both earned good money so went with it - Last year I got made redundant and got 20K . The IP agreed that we could use the redundancy to pay our bills and keep up with the IVA.

The long and short of it was that in 8 months I didnt find work ( I work in an industry that is shrinking ) after 8.5 months I got a full time job but at about 30% less income than before. It more or less makes the IVA impossible as I cant see me increasiung ny salary in the short term.

Now the IP is going to apply to te cfreditors for a change in circumstances - but it is doubtfull this will go through - but you never know We are thinking now that is it worth it - another 4 years of fighting on little disposable as the budget never works- petrol has gone through th roof as has leccy and food- but the budget never changes to that extent.

We are looking at ending the battlle and going BR - we still must owe about 70K .

My only big concern is the house. Our morgage is now 270 000 ( we paid £295 ) and we reckon that the house is probably worth around the 270/ 280 - ( bought at the peak in 2007 )

we can still service the mortgage but would the OR want our propoerty on such a marginal call on the equity . NR is the biggest creditor by far - with HSBC the next .

Got a lot of thinking to do and would welcom any feednback