Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think that for many people the 'just curious' checking is largely unacceptable and the suggestion that everyone is at it doesn't necessarily mean that it's right.

I can imagine the outrage on here if someone saw an advisor checking their profile or indeed posting on w2w forums about what they had seen.

• Haha 1

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But surely the point is, whatever your stance on the subject matter, if a profile is PUBLIC and out there for all to be seen then that is sheer stupidity and they obviously have no worries about the profile being open for all to see (or are too stupid to restrict access) My GB profile is friends only and last year I also got rid of loads of people who I no longer see or hear from or were simply aquaintances - I now have 22 people as friends on my profile not 597 or whatever like some people.

The fact is, I am not malicious, unless something she said was totally inappropriate or against a specific person I would not take it further. It is good to have ammunition if needed though.

I and I also think most others agree with you. As I said I don't even let my mum see mine and my nephew will not let his right on aunty or me see his.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I am sure Mat can fight his own battles but he did explain that, he is not stalking , he was just curious. Have you never looked up someone you know or a friend of a friend to see what's going on. I have my advisors mobile number and she popped up when I did a search based on my contacts

No never, as if they aren't a personal friend of mine. i couldn't give 2 hoots what they are posting on their facebook. its their business and none of mine.

I think that for many people the 'just curious' checking is largely unacceptable and the suggestion that everyone is at it doesn't necessarily mean that it's right.

I can imagine the outrage on here if someone saw an advisor checking their profile or indeed posting on w2w forums about what they had seen.

Exactly! :wink:

• Confused 1

There might be outrage - I love this forum, I really do, that's why I help to mod it, but there are days when we could generate outrage about fluffy kittens riding on unicorns.

If you (general "you", not you personally) don't want people reading some particular fact about you or seeing some particular picture of you then for heaven's sake, don't post it on FB. Or at the very least, learn how to lock down privacy settings. If something's posted publicly, I and most other people will assume it's fair game to read.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Indeed if you don't want people to know about it don't post it on the open internet

I can remember that I was told by my boss that I shouldn't have a gaydar profile as I could bring PepsiCo into disrepute ! This from a ?

Signed

Outraged from Hinckley

Sadly I know people who have learnt the hard way. Another forum owners has published pictures of their houses and telephone numbers suggesting she was a lady of misplaced virtue

Its well known dwp do at times look at claimants profiles on facebook, for example benefit fraud. If dwp can look at any open profiles, work programme providers and dwp employees if you care to look at them for whatever reason, are fair game too. There is no shame in having a nose and stalking is something very very different.

I honestly couldn't care less how people percieve what I am looking at, she has stupidly left her profile as public, it is not stalking and is not breaking any laws.

Today's offering:

"So glad I have Monday off need a break from seeing idiots"

Charming person eh?!

Disclaimer: Of course she could mean colleagues not claimants but I doubt it

Mat

I think a complaint to the manager is in order with some screen shots of the posts.

If you are feeling generous a word in her ear. Without knowing what your relationship is like with her all I can say is I tend to think the complaint is in order as she can not be allowed to post this sort of thing in public

Mat

I think a complaint to the manager is in order with some screen shots of the posts.

If you are feeling generous a word in her ear. Without knowing what your relationship is like with her all I can say is I tend to think the complaint is in order as she can not be allowed to post this sort of thing in public

I am not stupid, I have screen shot everything I have seen and pasted it in to my own document. My relationship with her isn't bad but is not good either - just see each other, do what is asked and gone. She isn't nasty or vindictive and as I am not malicious I am finding it harder to report her. I guess I am waiting for her to be nasty to me or do something I do not agree with but I also think she needs to be told. To be honest, I am not sure what to do at the moment particularly as I am now on ESA and trying to get better myself

That ‘adviser’ is paid to do a job, that job is to do what is required to help claimants as best they can, not comment publicly on their intelligence or lack of it. If she finds the job such a burden she should quit and look for another job. Perhaps become one of the idiots and spend her time lazing on these sunny afternoons on the beach.

In my view the remark is nasty, as was the other one. If anyone capable of making such nasty comments has any authority at all over the objects of their bile then rest assured they will also be vindictive.

I’m sure that I would not knowingly tolerate an adviser referring to anyone in such a way, especially if they most probably included me as one of the ‘idiots’ they feel they need a break from.

No, I say in this battle anything goes, take no prisoners, get her struck off. They don’t, as a rule, allow the spark of human kindness, common decency or even the law in some cases, get in their way.

There could very well be a number of her victims eternally in your debt.

If she finds the job such a burden she should quit and look for another job.

Indeed - When the previous programme (Flexible New Deal) was shut down early, I suggested that the "advisers" started to look for alternative employment. Pointed out that they were unlikely to remain employed and TUPE was not going to be an option open to them. I'll not repeat the response :razz:

Suffice to say, the office manager jumped ship within a few weeks and left the remaining staff to struggle on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Mat

I do see where you are coming from . I had a similar situation one where someone in authority made some ignorant homophobic comments. Now ths guy was otherwise a genuinely good person so I arranged for a general word to be had and not to make it official.

You must do what you feel is right , maybe a lighthearted comment about being able to see her FB comments , if she doesn't take the hint that is her problem

I do not believe that the job she does is fun and it must at times try the patience of a saint . You are of course now no longer on her radar so maybe a bit of compassion on your part is what s needed. You will of course be able to look down on her from the moral highground :lol:

Personally i would do nothing yet, but i would keep it on the back burner. From my short time on JSA & signing on i have seen enough to know i would`t trust the system or the " advisers " one wee bit . If & when you need to " use " the screenshots is the only time they would see the light of day. I would also check her FB page to gather more evidence. If they had anything on you or could trip you up & sanction you, i don`t think they / she would hesitate or give a second thought about your circumstances or there impact. I would not give her any idea that she is being more foolish than the claimants she claims are idiots.

IMHO, think of it as a kind of insurance policy / mess with me & i will destroy you . Unsavory & dirty as it is , this is a battle & self preservation is your priority. She is dealing you some very good cards , play them wisely.

Personally i would do nothing yet, but i would keep it on the back burner. From my short time on JSA & signing on i have seen enough to know i would`t trust the system or the " advisers " one wee bit . If & when you need to " use " the screenshots is the only time they would see the light of day. I would also check her FB page to gather more evidence. If they had anything on you or could trip you up & sanction you, i don`t think they / she would hesitate or give a second thought about your circumstances or there impact. I would not give her any idea that she is being more foolish than the claimants she claims are idiots.

IMHO, think of it as a kind of insurance policy / mess with me & i will destroy you . Unsavory & dirty as it is , this is a battle & self preservation is your priority. She is dealing you some very good cards , play them wisely.

I totally agree and that is the action I am taking - it is being used as insurance rather than maliciously should I ever need to used them in the future.. In fact the more evidence that is built up the better the impact, again, should I need to use it

My friend who attends an office has been invited by letter to an apprentice open day, what happens on these? Will it be busy? My friend said he over heard his advisor talking of the prospect of 'hot men' on this open day with her friend. I can't believe that, id fume

If your friend is not sure what will happen why not ask the advisor, is there a reason why being busy is a problem?

Is you friend on ESA ore JSA

Have you got an issue with their being "Hot Men" there?

If your friend is not sure what will happen why not ask the advisor, is there a reason why being busy is a problem?

Is you friend on ESA ore JSA

Have you got an issue with their being "Hot Men" there?

He doesn't like her, said she's snobby, and no why would I? He said he overheard her and was baffled at it:/ he's on JSA

He doesn't like her, said she's snobby, and no why would I? He said he overheard her and was baffled at it:/ he's on JSA

If the adviser is a woman, it's not entirely surprising that she might be interested in the idea of "hot men". She should probably know enough not to say so in earshot of clients, I guess, but this sounds more like careless stupidity.

Still, maybe the WPP has organised a phoney apprentice session in order to get a bunch of sexy dudes in for the benefit of their female advisers. I'd bet against the idea, though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well, based on the weather we've had over the last few weeks I reckon that there's quite likely going to be some hot men and hot women. He can check here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

Seriously though, it's two people having a conversation in work. They're not likely to want to discuss the likelihood of a peace deal being brokered in the middle east nor the merits of petrol vs diesel vehicles. They're just passing the time with each other in the exact same way that happens in every workplace.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Antone

I have to say that it is the sort of thing my advisor might say to me to try and get me there:lol: I would take it is the manner in which is was intended

My best guess is that they have got together some firms that are looking for apprentices so yes it might be busy , or they might have only invited people they think would suit the role

I am still confused as you said you would fume at the hot men comment

We can't all like everyone but "because she is snobby" maybe she just keeps a professional distance from her clients. I have always believed in being called by my first name but one job I had , some of the staff insisted on calling me Mr XXXXXX . Does that make me snobby?

• Confused 1

He said he asked his advisor but she hasn't done one before, he just wants to know has anyone here been on one so he knows what to expect?

And by fuming I just meant the professionalism is bad at times, I don't disagree with it, I left the office I attended around a year ago and in my time their I got called a 'minger' by my so called advisor at the time, then the advisor she said it to smirked at me, didn't do anything about it although I wish I had:/

Too right you should have complained. I complained today about the way they work with ESA claomants.

Thing is these guys arevtrying to build up relationships with local businesses. I think as well each office is only as good or bad as its manager.

My guess is firms in the area are there to get some free summer slave labour. Cynical? Moi? (bet I am right though)

Same as at christmas, i was once offered a work boast (what a4e can it) at boots for the whole of december. i told them i wasn't being anyone's christmas month slave!

the advisor said ok, ill fix you up with something else in january. he never did and no more was ever said about it!