Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi sillygirl not from my understanding after the new rules for ESA which came in march 2015 simultaneously new rules for JSA came in ie Extended Period of Sickness (EPS) upto 13 weeks which amends the previous 2 week rule for switching from JSA to ESA...but true Kxo can make an immediate claim for ESA on a new condition which Kxo stated has (ie new ESA rules march 2015 can claim on in most cases only on a worsening or new condition)

As far as anyone knows, is there any time limit on claiming expenses for travel costs to WP appointments? I have not claimed in the past, but wish to make a retrospective claim for my out of pocket expenses.

I have asked, and they have refused, as I suspected they would.

Do you have the receipts (bus tickets, etc) ?

If so, you can make a claim and if they do not honour it, submit a formal complaint to the provider and the DWP. Should that not provide the outcome you require, you can then escalate through other channels which could incur additional costs for the provider.

If you don't have the receipts, then I suspect you will have limited success. Still worth lodging a complaint though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Along with job hunting tips and advice on living on benefits.

..not forgetting a very long and thorough literacy course. I still remember my Ingeus adviser writing stuff on a whiteboard and me calling out every ten seconds 'Excuse me, you've spelled that wrong'. I could actually see him start to write a word, realise that he wasn't sure about the spelling, and change it. Almost felt sorry for him.

..nah, no I didn't.

Do you have the receipts (bus tickets, etc) ?

If so, you can make a claim and if they do not honour it, submit a formal complaint to the provider and the DWP. Should that not provide the outcome you require, you can then escalate through other channels which could incur additional costs for the provider.

If you don't have the receipts, then I suspect you will have limited success. Still worth lodging a complaint though.

No recepits. I travel by car, so looking for a measly 20p per mile.

Didn't think my request would get very far, but looking to kick up a little stink, so willing to push them further...

Want something back of the £400 (at least) that they've earned from me so far! My requests for financial help towards training materials have fallen on deaf ears, so now im prepared to dig my heels in on other matters too!

No recepits. I travel by car, so looking for a measly 20p per mile.

Only 20p per mile :shock:

This is significantly less than the DWP pay if you have to attend a mandatory JSA provision outside of your normal signing date & time. Back in 2012, it was 25p per mile, see: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/travel_to_interview_costs_by_car

Don't forget to add any parking fees that you may also have incurred, and I'm sure you will find that it adds up to more than £400. If you have the inclination and funds, it might be worth threatening legal action to recover the expenses.

Come to think of it, it would be quite entertaining to see Ingeus (along with the DWP named as a second party) dragged in to court. But before going down that route, please exhaust the official complaints process first.

Only 20p per mile :shock:

This is significantly less than the DWP pay if you have to attend a mandatory JSA provision outside of your normal signing date & time. Back in 2012, it was 25p per mile, see: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/travel_to_interview_costs_by_car

Don't forget to add any parking fees that you may also have incurred, and I'm sure you will find that it adds up to more than £400. If you have the inclination and funds, it might be worth threatening legal action to recover the expenses.

Come to think of it, it would be quite entertaining to see Ingeus (along with the DWP named as a second party) dragged in to court. But before going down that route, please exhaust the official complaints process first.

Thanks for the link. And yes, 20p/mile is the Ingeus rate apparently.

One way or another I'm going to be exiting the WP fairly soon, so looking to have a bit of fun with them before I do...and t's not like I'm asking for the world either, these are legitimate expenses....but the parking charges are a good idea too :)

I'll probably prepare an invoice/claim and send that to them in the first instance as I've only raised the matter informally at this stage. Then I will think about going down the complaint route.

Only thing I'm short of is knowing the dates of all my appointments with them. I do not have a record of all that I have attended.

I'm talking about appointments which go back over a year, right back to my first attachment meeting!

Only thing I'm short of is knowing the dates of all my appointments with them. I do not have a record of all that I have attended.

I'm talking about appointments which go back over a year, right back to my first attachment meeting!

If they've been keeping accurate records (ha!) and issuing MAN letters correctly (double ha!) they should be easily able to provide you with a list of all your appointments - they certainly have to do this should the DWP pay a surprise visit and ask to see copies. The guidance even says they have to do this 'promptly'.

..I bet they can't do it though. 'The computer system is down at the moment' is a favourite excuse used whenever I want to check on paperwork.

Skyro,

May or may not be too late to reclaim travel costs now but, as you say, there is no harm in trying. It's never too late though to ruffle some feathers and make the buggers sweat.

It's been a while since I addressed SAR issues. It could be that it is JCP that you should be making the request to, as prime data processors for sub-contracted WP Providers. Perhaps someone could remind us. Either way the recipient of this request should tell you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Your full address]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [The date]

[Name and address of the organisation]

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject Access Request

[Your full name and N.I. Number]

Please supply the following information concerning me that I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to:

[specify the information you want, for example]

• my personnel file;
  • correspondence, letters and emails and records of telephonic communication to me and concerning me during my referral and participation on the Work Programme.
  • dates and times of attendances at the Work Programme Provider's premises.
  • copy of repayment of travel costs policy, including any instruction or forms issued to me.

[if you can think of anything else you would like to know stick it on the list]

If you need any more information from me please let me know as soon as possible.

It may be helpful for you to know that this is a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such should be responded to within 40 days.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this request letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk

Yours faithfully

[Your Name]

Good Luck

May or may not be too late to reclaim travel costs now but, as you say, there is no harm in trying. It's never too late though to ruffle some feathers and make the buggers sweat.

It's been a while since I addressed SAR issues. It could be that it is JCP that you should be making the request to, as prime data processors for sub-contracted WP Providers. Perhaps someone could remind us. Either way the recipient of this request should tell you.

The DWP is the designated data controller for all Work Programme providers along with any other subcontractors running the assorted government funded schemes. So yes, the SAR would go to the DWP. Just make sure to include that you want ALL information held by Ingeus such as meeting notes, diary entries, emails, letters, and other communications. The DWP do not charge the usual £10 fee, so you may as well get your monies worth.

Thanks for the replies @Lapsed Workaholic and @Mr. P

A SAR seems like a good plan, and something which I was contemplating anyway but should help with the expenses claim also.

I presume it is best to send the SAR to the address of my local Job Centre?

TI presume it is best to send the SAR to the address of my local Job Centre?

It is as good a place as any. Better still, hand deliver it, get a receipt and the 40 day clock starts ticking immediately. You might cause some confusion with the JCP staff as many of them haven't had to deal with a SAR before.

So about 3 weeks ago I posted here saying I'd filled out a JSA28 form that gives me up to 13 weeks without having to go to Ingeus as long as I keep handing in Doctor's notes. This was on the 3rd of February and I got a text message yesterday from the DWP saying I'd to call a number regarding my claim. I got through to them this morning and they said my Ingeus adviser reported me for missing my appointment on the 22nd of February - keeping in mind my JC adviser already notified them on the 4th and I phoned them that day and left a message explaining the situation.

I told the woman on the phone about the whole JSA28 situation and she checked their system and cleared the report from Ingeus from my file. I knew my adviser was a b**** but this is just ridiculous. I've also received text messages reminding me of my appointments (that I no longer have to go to) and have had messages saying "This is ____ please contact me as to why you're not attending your appointments." like she knows because she has been officially informed by the Job Centre and I told her in the message I left on her voicemail. I know she just wants to stick her nose in my business.

Good for you for sorting out this latest development. Sorry to hear that the WP Work Roach is still on your back.

You can continue to ignore her, let her huff and puff, which seems to be having the effect of driving her to distraction and to taking desperate measures, making herself look spiteful, stupid and ignorant. Fortunately your DWP contact is up to speed with the regulations.

As for myself, I would ratchet up her discomfiture by writing to the manager of the WP Provider, copy to JCP manager, making them aware that I have complied with my obligations to keep both WP and JCP informed of the changes in my circumstances and that my WP adviser's actions are now bordering on harassment, maladministration and deliberate attempts to fraudulently deprive me of my rightful benefits.

You can continue to ignore her, let her huff and puff, which seems to be having the effect of driving her to distraction and to taking desperate measures, making herself look spiteful, stupid and ignorant.

The spiteful bit also plays into your hand the next time she attempts to raise a benefit doubt. If it ever gets as far as a mandatory reconsideration, you can state that you believe it to be a spiteful and vindictive act on her part with little, if any, genuine grounds to considered for a sanction.

Got my letter in from the DWP this morning and was sent another text message regarding my claim.

The letter said: "A doubt has arisen on your entitlement to Jobseeker's Allowance because it appears that you have failed to take part in the Work Programme by failing to undertake the activity that Ingeus have told you to do... We have been told that on 28.1.16 you were notified to attend an appointment on 15.2.16 but that you failed to do so. Will you please contact me at the above address before 29.2.16 to explain why you did not undertake this activity. You should note that unless you can provide a good reason for not undertaking this activity, your benefit may be affected."

So I phoned the number, again, and the man said there's nothing on my file. So this letter and text was regarding the same incident, even though I already cleared it up with them yesterday. Along with that letter came one from Ingeus, saying my next appointment with my adviser will be on 4.3.16. I get that the text messages are pre-programmed into their systems to remind me of appointments that were already made a month ago, but now she's sending me new ones, knowing full well that I won't be attending them because I filled out the JSA28 form.

So I phoned the number, again, and the man said there's nothing on my file. So this letter and text was regarding the same incident, even though I already cleared it up with them yesterday.

You will find that DWP letters are generally printed at one large site and then posted out in bulk. Due to various delays in the systems, it could take anything up to a week from someone pressing the print button and the postman sticking it through your letterbox.

I was told that it's mandatory to give them my CV, is this true? If not, is there some sort of law I can quote to back up my case?

The following link shows a response by DWP to a Freedom of Information request from one Jason Davies who asked a similar question:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/169236/response/416439/attach/html/3/FOI%203348%20response.pdf.html

It is still as valid as it was in Aug 2013

Your CV is regarded as your private personal details and you cannot be made to give copies to anyone unless you want to. The Data Protection Act safeguards your rights in that regard.

Advisers may ask for sight of it on the pretence that they wish to help you to improve on it's presentational look. No harm in that as long as they don't insist on keeping a hard or electronic copy.

PS: You may quote the Data Protection Act. Sorry if this answer sounds like the one you got to a similar question about 2 weeks ago

Got a second letter in today from DWP regarding a missed Ingeus appointment. Yesterday's letter was dated 22.02.16 but I already sorted that over the phone on the 23rd so it didn't matter, but today's letter was dated 24.02.16 which was only yesterday. My Ingeus adviser is still reporting me for missing appointments that I was told I didn't need to go to :evil:

Try to get hold of the Third Party Contracts manager at your local JCP. You might have to go in there and use one of the internal phones, but once you get hold of him/her, explain the situation. I would imagine that he wouldn't be best pleased to see spurious benefit doubts raised with all the costs involved (i.e. wasted D.M. time, extra processing by lower staff, and so on).

Turns out the Job Centre "misplaced" my last insurance line/fit note, thought I just decided not to hand another in and didn't think to pick up the phone or send a letter to see what was going on. They're claiming they never received it and have only paid me up until the 18th of this month. I personally handed the thing to them last Thursday. Idiots :evil: