• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it written in your job seekers agreement that you don't have a driving licence? It's unreasonable to suggest that someone uses half their JSA uses that to drive. It would be different if you were employed full time, had savings and could actually afford to do drive.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for responding to the questions I asked in recent posts. I am trying to establish some facts in order to figure out the next step.

From what you say in response to those questions it is clear the your adviser is acting illegally. I have a few more questions, if you don't mind, the answer to which would be of great value in order to cook this adviser's goose once and for all.

Data protection - Did you sign a document when you started the Work Programme waiving your rights under the Data Protection Act? If you did was what you were signing and why explained to you?

CV - Sounds like your adviser has a copy of your CV. If she has, did she ask for it and what reason did she give for wanting it?

Were you coerced into handing over a copy, or threatened with a sanction if you did not?

Obtaining by coercion and retaining a copy of a claimant's CV is illegal.

UJM - There were issues just before Christmas to do with access to your UJM Account. Did you actually make it clear to your adviser that you did not intend to allow her access to your UJM Account?

From your description of how she picks jobs for you to apply for it sounds like she is doing that while actually on your Account. Is that right? If so, how does she get access?

Denying access includes not opening up and not providing access for her. Are you coerced into opening up your Account thereby providing access for her?

Withholding codes and passwords are all very well but pointless if you give access yourself. It's like telling a burglar that you won't give him the key to your front door but if he asks nicely you will open it for him yourself whenever he asks.

Have you made a formal complaint in writing to your adviser about any of the issues discussed? Have you reported your concerns to her superiors at all on any of those issues?

Factual answers to those enquiries would be helpful in composing a formal Mandatory Reconsideration of the activities you are being illegally obliged to undertake and a formal complaint against the way you are being treated generally and your medical condition ignored.

Don't worry, I'm never bold enough to make rude remarks to her face. I emailed her about the error and just said, "Hi, I was folding my CVs and cover letters to put into the envelopes and noticed a small typo on the cover letter." and she has been like 50% ruder since then. I hate to think what would happen if I actually meant to **** her off.

You're more restrained than I would be. I locked horns with an 'adviser' on several occasions when I claimed J'S A although it has to be said that wasn't ingeus . I was sanctioned once and overturned it. Next time the driving issue surfaces you can always ask then if Ingeus will fund it to get you back to work

Thanks for responding to the questions I asked in recent posts. I am trying to establish some facts in order to figure out the next step.

From what you say in response to those questions it is clear the your adviser is acting illegally. I have a few more questions, if you don't mind, the answer to which would be of great value in order to cook this adviser's goose once and for all.

Data protection - Did you sign a document when you started the Work Programme waiving your rights under the Data Protection Act? If you did was what you were signing and why explained to you?

CV - Sounds like your adviser has a copy of your CV. If she has, did she ask for it and what reason did she give for wanting it?

Were you coerced into handing over a copy, or threatened with a sanction if you did not?

Obtaining by coercion and retaining a copy of a claimant's CV is illegal.

UJM - There were issues just before Christmas to do with access to your UJM Account. Did you actually make it clear to your adviser that you did not intend to allow her access to your UJM Account?

From your description of how she picks jobs for you to apply for it sounds like she is doing that while actually on your Account. Is that right? If so, how does she get access?

Denying access includes not opening up and not providing access for her. Are you coerced into opening up your Account thereby providing access for her?

Withholding codes and passwords are all very well but pointless if you give access yourself. It's like telling a burglar that you won't give him the key to your front door but if he asks nicely you will open it for him yourself whenever he asks.

Have you made a formal complaint in writing to your adviser about any of the issues discussed? Have you reported your concerns to her superiors at all on any of those issues?

Factual answers to those enquiries would be helpful in composing a formal Mandatory Reconsideration of the activities you are being illegally obliged to undertake and a formal complaint against the way you are being treated generally and your medical condition ignored.

I did sign something about Data Protection a long time ago. It wasn't really explained to me, they just said I had to sign it.

As for my CV, when I first went to Ingeus, she asked if I had a CV, I said that I did because one of my previous advisers helped me with it and she asked to see it. I emailed it to her and she fixed parts of it for me (my last adviser literally put a link to the job centre website at the bottom of my personal statement) and she's had it on file since, I suppose.

I did tell her that I didn't think I was supposed to give out my UJM login info. She said she needed to see it for proof that I was actually job searching, even though the job centre check it every time I sign on. I typed in my info, didn't give her the password. She looked at my activity history and kept saying "so, you can just write anything in here and we have to trust that you're not lying" and I told her that, if you could apply for a job via CV from the UJM website, then it comes up in your application history. She didn't seem impressed.

*I haven't given her any access to my UJM since this one incident*

Fast forward a week or so, I go back and she asks what jobs I've applied for. I tell her that I saw some jobs on Indeed and applied by emailing my CV to them and she's like "so there will be proof of this on your email account?" and I stonewalled. I think she's probably going to start harassing me so that she can have access to my email to check what I've sent. That's not allowed either, I'm guessing. I think with the UJM login info, she took advantage of the fact that I was nervous and would comply with just about anything to get the appointment by with. She makes it so difficult.

I haven't yet made a complaint. I don't know what I'd say, to be honest. I did phone my GP yesterday and she said they absolutely cannot put their appointments above medical ones and should never ask you to work around them and change things for them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?459536-What-rights-have-Ingeus-got-%2837-Viewing%29-nbsp

would contributors to this thread, please pop along and offer a few words of advice/comfort to person in the link above ^^^ Thank you. x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I can't offer advice but from what I've heard Ingeus sound terrible. I'd recommend getting a job by yourself, so you avoid all this unpleasantness.

Can you help with my question please. thanks

Edited by citizenB

I can't offer advice but from what I've heard Ingeus sound terrible. I'd recommend getting a job by yourself, so you avoid all this unpleasantness.

Can you help with my question please. thanks

What is your question please?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I may have to go Ingeus as there is one in my area and after reading the comments on here I'm dreading it :(

There are usually two Work Programme providers in each area. For example, in my town, we have Ingeus and Seetec, by all accounts, neither of them are a preferred choice for the claimants referred to the WP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I had an appointment with my GP today and she was asking how my B12 injections were going, if there was any improvement etc. I said no, explained a bit further and she asked if I'd been taking time off work because of it. She's new so I'm assuming she didn't know that I am on JSA, but I told her and she basically asked whether they were being difficult or not. I told her about Ingeus and how they're still trying to make me go to these 10am - 4pm workshops and travel to them just to use their computers to job search. She printed a Fit Note (is that what it's called?) saying I'm not currently fit for work.

My dilemma is whether or not to hand it in to the Job Centre. If I hand it in, I'll be on ESA and then whenever I feel better I'll have to go back onto JSA and restart this Ingeus thing all over again. Is that right?

If you are on ESA, do you still have to go to Ingeus?

Don't know what happened to maryshell's rude comment, but it came through on my email so I'll reply to it to set the record straight.

[Quoted text deleted by site team]

I don't believe that having vitamin injections is a reason to not get a job. My B12 deficiency is, as it turns out, quite severe and is causing exhaustion to the point where I'm sleeping for 12 or more hours a night and still waking up not having the energy to do anything. It, I believe, has been adding to my already existing depression and causing dizziness, confusion etc. I can't get a job, working on my feet for 8 hours, when I can barely walk my dog for 20 minutes.

The injections aren't helping at the moment and Ingeus is never off my back, that's why I'm considering handing in the "fit note" and going on ESA for a few weeks/months until I feel that I am able to put 100% into any job that comes my way. There's no point in me actively seeking work if I can't physically/mentally do the job at the moment. It's a waste of my time and any potential employer's time.

Kxo

I think the post by Maryshell was rightly removed by the mods. It clearly shows that they know nothing about B12 and how it is absorbed. Do they really think that a GP would spend money on a course of injections when it is not needed. It also shows they have zero knowledge of mental health/anxiety/depression . No doubt they will claim to know someone who did x y z when not really ill , well can they please post their medical qualifications and knowledge of that persons case

I just hope that you realise that ESA is not a soft option and certainly passing the WCA is not the doddle that the Daily Mail would like people to think.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Kxo

I think the post by Maryshell was rightly removed by the mods. It clearly shows that they know nothing about B12 and how it is absorbed. Do they really think that a GP would spend money on a course of injections when it is not needed. It also shows they have zero knowledge of mental health/anxiety/depression . No doubt they will claim to know someone who did x y z when not really ill , well can they please post their medical qualifications and knowledge of that persons case

I just hope that you realise that ESA is not a soft option and certainly passing the WCA is not the doddle that the Daily Mail would like people to think.

I have been on ESA before and failed the WCA. I think I only got 6 points? But if I'm only on ESA temporarily, will this still be an issue? I've tried to find more info on it but I'm not having any luck. If I switch from ESA back to JSA before I'm summoned for the WCA, will it be allowed?

(Again, sorry for all the questions. I have no clue)

If you look for posts and threads from essexmat, you'll find that he went from JSA to claiming ESA whilst in the clutches of Ingeus. I won't go into details of his health issues, suffice to say that being on the assessment phase of ESA gave him the breathing space he needed. Between transferring to ESA and the eventual WCA, he was not under any mandatory requirement to engage with or attend any appointments made by Ingeus.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you look for posts and threads from essexmat, you'll find that he went from JSA to claiming ESA whilst in the clutches of Ingeus. I won't go into details of his health issues, suffice to say that being on the assessment phase of ESA gave him the breathing space he needed. Between transferring to ESA and the eventual WCA, he was not under any mandatory requirement to engage with or attend any appointments made by Ingeus.

Thank you for your help :-)

In regards to my Ingeus appointments that have already been scheduled (11th, 15th, 19th and 22nd) do I just phone my adviser and update her on the situation; is she entitled to this information? As proven in the past, I have given more information than I should have :???:

I have been on ESA before and failed the WCA. I think I only got 6 points? But if I'm only on ESA temporarily, will this still be an issue? I've tried to find more info on it but I'm not having any luck. If I switch from ESA back to JSA before I'm summoned for the WCA, will it be allowed?

If you are making a claim for ESA it is valid whilst you send in fit notes until the WCA appointment. You can switch between ESA and JSA but you do have the opportunity to have anotherr WCA and present more evidence. You have four weeks to fill the ESA50 they send out. All you need to tell Ingeus is that you are on ESA for the foreseeable future.

Some people do this. IE, if you're sick for more than 14 days in any one period, you have to sign off JSA and claim ESA. Even if your illness was something like having an operation and you were recovering; but you're otherwise generally ok to work.

ESA isn't an easy route to go down and quite honestly, if you're sleeping for 12 hours and still don't have the enegry to work, (you would be expected to work full time) I can't see how you can work.

Another point worth considering is that MWA referral is to be discontinued at the end of March and CWP at the end of August. By going onto ESA now, what with the waiting lists for assessments, it would take you through till past those dates.

Whatever goodies are to be put in place for our benefit in the future to replace MWA and CWP has not been finalised or made clear yet, so we can't judge whether they will be better or worse.

My mum stopped in to the job centre on her way home from work today and asked about all of this. Someone said that if it's short term (up to 13 weeks) I can continue on JSA and not attend Ingeus. I'm not sure if this is the case or if something got lost in translation.

Good evening all. I hope that you are all well.

I thought I would pop on and see how everyone is doing and saw this. I am more than happy to help in any way I can as I have been through the whole JSA/ESA/Ingeus process so happy to help and advise any way I can.

My job is going really well and I am so much happier than before and obviously being away from the dreaded regime of the DWP and WP.

Here to help if I can - I don't get on much now though!

I forgot to add that I have an ongoing complaint with Ingeus going based on constant emails from them after 4 times requesting no contact. This is now with senior managemnt and my MP and is now getting juicy as I have all the evidence I need to make them squirm. They are imbeciles and literally make people ill

Will try and get on again soon but logging off now. If I get any DMs I get notifications so can reply as soon as I get the chance

Best wishes to all.