Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You are not claiming any benefit that requires Work Programme participation or anything else involving Ingeus, right? If that's the case, then you owe them nothing - not your time, not any explanations, nothing.

So if they do manage to get through and talk to you, feel free to tell them to go away, or to simply hang up on them, or whatever you prefer. If they ask where your new job will be, tell them politely "I am not willing to share that information with you". If they don't get the hint, then it may be a good idea to write a polite but firm letter to the manager of your local Ingeus office requiring that they stop contacting you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Antone, that's good advice.

I do not have any work programme participation, nor am I claiming benifits. I guess the only way I am connected to them is that 2 year contract of them "looking after me".

If I get any more phone calls I will write them a letter and make it a signed for letter to make sure they can't lie about not receiving it.

If they don't get the hint, then it may be a good idea to write a polite but firm letter to the manager of your local Ingeus office requiring that they stop contacting you.

A short, firm letter should be all that is required. You could point out that any further telephone calls may be treated as harassment under the The Protection from HarassmentAct 1997 and also in breach of the Communications Act 2003 - Either one could see the caller being held personally culpable as well as the managers all the way up to head office.

If the warning is not heeded, I sometimes favour the blunt approach:

"Hello little boy/girl. Does your mummy know you are playing with the phones again ?"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

What is the best way of complaining about a work programme advisor because i am getting more and more annoyed at mine.I have told him time and time again i want full time work but he keeps giving me part time jobs.Last week i had to apply for a part time job and when i went to the interview the guy said it was 12 hours a week and is that enough hours for me.I ended up telling him i was looking for full time work.Can i get sanctioned for this as it was a job and interview my advisor made for me?

What is the best way of complaining about a work programme advisor

First question with reference to: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264227/wp-pg-chapter-14.pdf

Has the provider complied with paragraph 3 and provided you with a copy of their complaints procedures ?

If not, a formal complaint should be lodged with the DWP regarding the failure to provide the documentation.

Once you have a copy of the complaints process (may as well ask this "adviser" for a copy :!:), you need to follow the "chain of command". Initially, a complaint should be sent to the office manager, then head office. If a satisfactory resolution is not forthcoming, and you have exhausted the other routes for a complaint (see: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/394690/wp-pg-chapter-16.pdf), you can then go to the Independent Case Examiner which will then cost the provider up to £5,000.

First question with reference to: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264227/wp-pg-chapter-14.pdf

Has the provider complied with paragraph 3 and provided you with a copy of their complaints procedures ?

If not, a formal complaint should be lodged with the DWP regarding the failure to provide the documentation.

Once you have a copy of the complaints process (may as well ask this "adviser" for a copy :!:), you need to follow the "chain of command". Initially, a complaint should be sent to the office manager, then head office. If a satisfactory resolution is not forthcoming, and you have exhausted the other routes for a complaint (see: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/394690/wp-pg-chapter-16.pdf), you can then go to the Independent Case Examiner which will then cost the provider up to £5,000.

Thanks for that mr p.I will go through the paperwork they gave me and see if they gave me a copy of their complaints procedure.

I am normally fairly laid back about most things but being on the work programme the last few weeks has gotten me more and more annoyed and stressed.Im guessing because i am near the end of it they are desperate to get their reward by putting me in any job.

The fact they want me to do job search there everyday is annoying me as well as the constant phone calls from them.They even sent me a text last week asking me to call them urgently.

The fact they want me to do job search there everyday is annoying me as well as the constant phone calls from them.They even sent me a text last week asking me to call them urgently.

You can ask for a reconsideration of any "activity" if you think it inappropriate to your needs. If you do job searches at home with unfettered access to the internet, why would you need to use their computers which will prevent access to certain (unspecified) web sites. It goes without saying, you have all the necessary information to hand at home, but can not store this information on an insecure computer at their office...

You'll be glad to know that you do not have to respond to any phone calls, text messages, or emails originating from the "advisor". Any mandatory activity notice must be in writing and either handed to you or posted in good time.

You can ask for a reconsideration of any "activity" if you think it inappropriate to your needs. If you do job searches at home with unfettered access to the internet, why would you need to use their computers which will prevent access to certain (unspecified) web sites. It goes without saying, you have all the necessary information to hand at home, but can not store this information on an insecure computer at their office...

You'll be glad to know that you do not have to respond to any phone calls, text messages, or emails originating from the "advisor". Any mandatory activity notice must be in writing and either handed to you or posted in good time.

That's good news.My advisor tried to tell me that i could be sanctioned for not having a phone when my mobile broke a couple of months back which i always though was a load of rubbish.

My advisor tried to tell me that i could be sanctioned for not having a phone when my mobile broke a couple of months back which i always though was a load of rubbish.

Mobile phones are expensive to use. The unemployed need to cut back on any unnecessary expense so that they can live on the £72.40 that the government says is enough... Tell this "advisor" that you have to make savings, and the phone contract is earmarked for termination :wink:

Iv got a bit of a strange one.I was sent on an interview by my advisor for a job at a local sandwich shop who require a van driver.Its not remotely what sort of work i am looking for as well as being part time.During the brief interview the guy asked me was i happy with the hours which were 15 hours a week.I was but also mentioned that i am however after full time work as i need the money and at 32 years of age i really need to get some sort of career.The guy was happy with me for being honest and we continued talking about the job and then i left.

A few hours later my work programme advisor called me up and got angry with me for mentioning to him that i am after full time work and demanded i go and see her.As i was having to go near to where their work programme office is i said i would pop in.

I went in there and had a calm chat with her as losing your temper gets you nowhere.She said she had to send a report to the jobcentre saying that i had an interview and how it went.She also said the jobcentre would sanction me but couldn't give me a reason why. She also said how dare you turn the job down as it was 15 hours and paid a bit more that i currently get on JSA.I didnt turn the job down because i was not offered it during the interview.

Im guessing its because i told the guy who interviewed me that i was really after full time hours.He did say at the end of the interview that he liked me and may well offer me the job anyway.

Just for fun I am going to have to argue the failings of the welfare state from a new right perspective tomorrow , so all you unemployed and 'sick' get off your arses and onto your bikes and get a job!

BTW I am joking, it is part of my studies

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Just for fun I am going to have to argue the failings of the welfare state from a new right perspective tomorrow , so all you unemployed and 'sick' get off your arses and onto your bikes and get a job!

BTW I am joking, it is part of my studies

I'v got a bike.Can you offer me a job:-)

Dazza that is shocking and I would be reporting her to her manager. You could point out that you can now add integrity to your list of qualities on your CV

I am not up to date with in work benefits but don't you need to work 16 hours or more to get some of them. Even if the job offered you a tad more than JSA , after expenses would you have been better off?

Dazza that is shocking and I would be reporting her to her manager. You could point out that you can now add integrity to your list of qualities on your CV

I am not up to date with in work benefits but don't you need to work 16 hours or more to get some of them. Even if the job offered you a tad more than JSA , after expenses would you have been better off?

I would be around 15 pounds better off a week.The problem is i have moved back in with my parents and if i get a job even if its part time then my dad would like some rent money which is fair enough as he is now retired so i wouldn't really be better off.When i mentioned this to my advisor she simply said can't you talk to your dad and tell him not to charge you rent.

So even at the tender age of 32 they expect your parents to support you ?

You can die for your country at 18 yet they still class you as a child at 32. It really does begger belief. I have to say though, if you think it's bad now just pray they do not get in in May as they will not have any moderating partners. Can you just imagine a UKIP Tory coalition

Even if Dazza had actually declined the job, which obviously he did not do, JSA claimants can't be sanctioned for declining part time work - even if it pays more on paper than the claimant receives in benefits. The rules for UC claimants may be different - I'm not familiar with those - but for JSA the job offer must be for 16 hours or more per week before sanctions become an issue.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You can die for your country at 18 yet they still class you as a child at 32.

Yup, and they also treat you like a child well in to your forties. One provider makes the bold claim that they "will treat you as we ourselves would like to be treated"... So I did :lol:

How about the idea I've been putting about for ages - that ALL MPs spend 3 months on basic unemployment benefit WITHOUT ACCESS to any other funding WHATSOEVER - if they break the any other funding rule during the 3 months they then have to spend another 3 months on basic unemployment money.

They would then see that you CANNOT live the 'life of Riley' as is painted by certain sections of the press.

The worst thing about Ingeus (my local one was called Prospects) was that they tar everyone with the same brush, time after time I applied for far more jobs than my JSA stated and time and time again when I went there with my evidence they tried to get me to apply for completely unsuitable jobs, do 'work skills' courses (I showed them up on those by taking detailed minutes of the proceedings and giving them to them the following day - they did NOT like that one little bit).

They also kept me waiting ages, so I kept complaining about that, stating that if I was five minutes late they would sanction me, but nothing happened to THEM when they kept me waiting 1 1/2 hours....during which time I applied for six jobs, when I saw my adviser he recommended I apply for four of them - so I showed him that I was more than capable of finding vacancies myself.

The job I am currently doing is one I used to do 10 years ago, they told me to write out the skills I had then as it was using 'redundant technology' but I applied on the off chance and got a long term temp booking. When this job is finished I am retiring early due to ill health (osteoporosis in my spine amongst other things).

Don't even get me on the farce of applying for Working Tax Credit and being told I am 'not at a disadvantage when clearly I am, still got the hurdle of PIP to sort out.

The 'Work Providers' should ONLY be used for long term (6 months+) claimants and should not be used at all for 'professional older people'.

[...]nothing happened to THEM when they kept me waiting 1 1/2 hours....

IF they had kept me waiting for that long, be assured, I would have been making my displeasure known long before then :mad2:

I can remember waiting for 55 minutes in the JC once (normally 10 mins past appointment time).

I had been sitting patiently reading the old literature that litters the wait area, twiddling my thumbs,

etc etc.

I was starting to get a little vocal when a security guard came over to ask why I was there. Told him

and he said he would enquire. Turned out my signing card had been taken out the box by a advisor who

then put it on her table and then decided she wanted a 5 minute break (never did see her come back).

You know what the advisor I saw said, Why are you late signing.. of all the cheek. Well that put the lid on it

and I let rip in a voice everyone could hear.

For some unknown reason I was never kept waiting again... got no clue why that happened none at all......

Sometimes people run late for whatever reason - I usually try and give a bit leeway as we are only human, however, one time I went along to Ingeus my appointment was at 2.30pm and I had a docs appointment at 4.30pm - not a problem as bus from Ingeus to Docs takes 30 mins.

By 3.00pm I had not been seen so asked receptionist how long my adviser would be, she went to ask and said she was running late and had a problem to deal with earlier and could see me at 4pm. I asked why I could not have been told that when I arrived and said I had a doc appt to attend so could not stay.

To cover myself I quickly used the office PC and printer and typed up a note saying:

"Mr xxxx arrived on time for his appt and was told his adviser was not available and was unable to see the adviser at the requested time due to a medical appt" I asked if my adviser could sign this for me and receptionsist said she would sign it, I said no and when receptionist asked adviser she refused - so I walked over and said

"Sorry for interrupting but I cannot stay as I have a medical appt and I would be grateful if you could sign this to show I was here for my scheduled appointment" Eventually she signed it and when I got home also sent a scanned copy to my JCP adviser as cover as I knew she would try and get a sanction out of it.

There was one thing i forgot to mention in my post yesterday and that was when i told my advisor that my parents would want some rent money from me if i took a part time job my advisor simply said "can you not get them to change there mind and if you can't do you want me to phone them and speak to them" I nearly fell on the floor with laughter.

I should also add that i am at Maximus not Ingeus.Not that it makes a difference.