Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That s what they claim they are paid to do . I am not commenting on how ineffective it is as that is really only my unresearched opinion. My point was, someone who can not even get a phone number correct on a letter, or for that matter check the details on a file (They know I am at Uni) is really in no position to be offering me advice.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed. I took the same view after having the misfortune to read one of A4e's publications littered with countless grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors. I even suggested some of their staff would benefit more from the writing courses they tried to offer me.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Can they mandate you to attend that appointment or can you ignore them? I thought that being on the Work Programme was voluntary for ESA claimants.

Rest assured I had no intention of getting anyone started on freedom of expression Fletch, I’m sure any attempt to curtail yours would be futile.

Can they mandate you to attend that appointment or can you ignore them? I thought that being on the Work Programme was voluntary for ESA claimants.

Rest assured I had no intention of getting anyone started on freedom of expression Fletch, I’m sure any attempt to curtail yours would be futile.

Lol , they can try but they can not shut me up.

I called and even the guy on reception knew it was a mistake. They have told me to ignore it , but it really is stress no one needs . I am just glad it arrived on a week day and not as these things normally do on a Saturday

They lie they are there to help and some actually believe this but the programme is a failure in any other way then to leech money into their hands and to aid companies like Tescos profit margins

The WP succeeds via sanctions and pointless courses plus I have seen misspelled literature too

Is a lie a lie if the person telling it believes it to be true?

No, that would be a misunderstanding - of course, conspiracy theorists would tell you that it's all part of a master plan...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

A Lie is intentional attempt at being deceptive.

If the person communicating the untruth believes what is being communicated is accurate it becomes "inaccurate or untrue" Hense the phrase Plausabel deniability. Someone can deny something happened truthfully if they were unaware of the contrary.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 1 month later...

Methinks you are quoting from post number 1 in this thread which dates back to June 2011 where Raven1 would have been the last victim of the Flexible New Deal. A one year programme set up by the last Labour government which was subsequently cancelled by the Tories when they introduced the current two year sentence for the unemployed. Same bunch of misfits delivering the same worthless crap over a longer period.

Even if the current regime had been cancelled, it would have promptly been replaced by something equally dismal and degrading. There's to be no rest for us unemployed; we're going to be 'helped' whether we need it or not.

Happy New year everyone..and make sure your jobsearch covers you totally over the Xmas period.

I just wonder what will happen when my two years are up (assuming i am still on ESA ) seeing as i am studying

Probably put you on the 'Post Work Program' or an ESA version of it, same as the JSA people. Supposedly a 6 month period, but it's longer than that as the DWP basically don't know what else to do with us. Instead of Ingeus trying to 'help' you, it will be the JC advisers - though at least they're not on commission and bonuses to get people back into work so they won't be pestering you too much hopefully. They're always claiming they don't have time to see people anyway so it may be just the odd appointment to keep the books happy.

They certainly won't be leaving you alone, sadly. Ah, if only... :)

TJ, they'll ust be using the JCP offices as a space to do the interviews. Quite common and no reason for anything more than an introduction "Hi, this is TJ - your 10 o'clock"...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Anybody ever had an interview with an employer at a jobcentre before? Do the jobcentre staff try to get involved or have any input at all or do they just leave u and the employer to it? Any info would be much appreciated thanks

Yes, but:

(1) There is no job, it as a mock interview to see how you get on

(2) JCP can 'tick box' you as engaging to help find work

(3) It is a waste of time

Mat

They may very well do mock interviews however employers can and do use the jobcentre as somewhere to interview people. If this is a job you have applied for then IMO you would be foolish to treat it as anything less than the real deal, in fact even if you have been set up with the interview you would still be wise to take it seriously

Any worthwhile employer will interview you on one of their sites - not at a JCP, that is my opinion anyway. Why on earth, if the job vacancy was real, would you NOT be interviewed on the premises of the organisation? What if someone who was IN WORK (employed) went for the same job? Would they also do it at JCP? No, they would conduct it at the premises or at least one of the sites of the organisation that was emplying.

Sorry, not for me, I wouldn't want any job where an employer was interviewing me at JCP - for a start it does not set a professional ambience.

Mat

While I understand where you are coming from I do not feel you have thought it through. If this was , for example a supermarket opening a new store in an under represented area they need to have people trained ready for opening. If the next nearest store is 10 miles away , why not use the jobcentre.

I may not agree with part time hours and minimum wage which means that wages are made up by benefits and I may not agree with some of the JCP actions I will be damned if I will try to dissuade someone from going for an interview without proof it is a waste of time.

I have no idea what sort of job you would be looking for but in the past I have had 1st interviews in hotel reception areas , quite common when recruiting field based people . I have also had a retail interview in the job centre because they had no premises, I was offered that job .

Any worthwhile employer will interview you on one of their sites - not at a JCP

A few years ago, I was interviewed for a christmas casual job at a local football ground by a large national employer. The event was staffed by JCP and people from the employer's HR dept. In previous years, they had used the Job Centre to conduct the initial interviews.

Any worthwhile employer will interview you on one of their sites - not at a JCP, that is my opinion anyway. Why on earth, if the job vacancy was real, would you NOT be interviewed on the premises of the organisation? What if someone who was IN WORK (employed) went for the same job? Would they also do it at JCP? No, they would conduct it at the premises or at least one of the sites of the organisation that was emplying.

Sorry, not for me, I wouldn't want any job where an employer was interviewing me at JCP - for a start it does not set a professional ambience.

Another +1, interviewed for the job I'm currently doing in a hotel, once before also over two days in another hotel with a room and evening meal provided - previously in Starbucks too although the most unusual had to be the one I had sat in a retail store in the display area with potential customers walking past. It was difficult to look smart on a big comfy sofa...

I would never discount wherever a potential employer chooses to interview their staff and certainly not write it off before I'd got there and spoken to the interviewers. Not all organisations have suitable facilities available to dedicate entirely to two/three full days of interviewing so using the JCP, for free, makes absolutely perfect sense.

Good luck TJ