• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations on the job..... hopefully, it will offer a stepping stone to something more robust, and allow you to make productive use of your skills. However, this could be a case of being creative on the part of Ingeus, offering a job to someone being on the Work Programme, and claiming a bung from the taxpayer for every 4 weeks that they keep them on.

Of course, other candidates in your position may not be as desperate as yourself, would be more discerning in their choice of employer, and would not touch the sub-prime Welfare To Work Sector with a barge pole.

No! The job is most definately not with these clowns. I only applied for the advisor position just to see what their parameters for employees was. The actual job I have got is with a very busy and expanding supply chain company with lots of scope for advancement. And one of the few companies around that is not worried about employing a 57yo :lol:

Edited by dogtanian

I've had three appointments with Ingeus so far. All three appointments it's had stated on the bottom of the letter "Your activities for your next appointment are....." and it goes on to say on each "to discuss your jobsearch activity along with agreed actions to date and confirming further agreed actions" Yet in all three appointments I've yet to have any kind of "discussion" with the person named on each of the letters.

First appointment I was rushed through paperwork and told to wait for the person my appointment was with "to become available" as it appeared there were three people booked in for the 10:30am appointment with the same person. I sat like a lemon until 11:15am when I was informed to do "job search" on the computer to which I would usually have done at home anyway and do a benefit calculation on the government website. At 11:30am the person I was due to see appeared and said to come back tomorrow at 10:30am and she'd have the "discussion" with me that we were supposed to have today.

Second appointment, I arrived in time next day and was told at 10:30am by the the person I'd supposed to be having this "discussion" with today that had carried over from yesterday that she was busy with someone else and to do a "job search" on the computer. I spent the next hour going through job websites (again which I'd have done at home anyway) at 11:25am I was told to fill out paperwork which was to record the jobs I'd applied for, which on the day was zero. Just before I left I was informed I would need to change my CV. I flatly said no way, as it had already been changed recently and the version I had now was getting more results with employers. Grudgingly the person I still hadn't had the interview with accepted this. I was printed off a new appointment for the following week. So day two and still no "discussion"

Third appointment, I arrived on time to have this "discussion" only to be directed by another person working there to do... yep you guessed it....a job search on the computer! 40 minutes later the person I was due this "discussion" with appeared and said out the blue that there was "cash made available for training" and then proceeded to rattle off information on the training that "had come up just that morning". I sat and listened to what she had to say but asked why I'd be interested in going on a course which had nothing to do with the field I was looking for work on. I declined as the training was for another field of work which I have absolutely no interest in getting into. I was then told "Well, I think it's time to change your career path and get into something else" to which I replied "I don't think so. I am not changing my career path to suit the government cash carrot dangling in front of Ingeus eyes." I was then told they'd send out a new appointment for me and was handed an A4 photocopied piece of paper to be completed and handed in next appointment headed and I jest you not!.....

"Tell me a little bit about you so when your not here I can submit you for a job I may feel suitable for you :) "

It goes onto ask a series of questions such as if i have a driving licence / access to a car / current benefit / sectors I will work in / won't work in.

I am flatly declining to fill out this paperwork as I am not having someone else "submit" me for jobs which I have no control over. Especially someone who can't even get the your / you're context correct in the laughable titled piece of photocopied A4 paper!

So to summarise my ongoing early Ingeus experience that's three appointments with Ingeus and a total of three hours. Already I am being told :-

1. To change my CV to the way THEY want it to appear

2. Change my career path to suit whatever THEY have lying around available

3. To fill in a form which gives them the right to submit me for jobs THEY feel is suitable for me.

The thing is, in between these Ingeus appointments I've signed on at the Job Centre and mentioned to my adviser there that it seems to be a complete waste of time as all I've done in three hourly appointments is three hours of job searches which I already do at home anyway, that they've told me to change three different things (CV, career path etc.) for their own benefit of collecting their cash from the Government and more alarmingly I've encountered two serious Date Protection breaches that I'd found Ingeus had breached with my (and other peoples) information already.

My Job centre adviser said that they have had a high number of complaints from people on Ingeus and that their hands are tied on doing anything as the contract is between the Government and the private company themselves but I was advised to buy a diary and write down every detail of everything that happens on each appointment and request that Ingeus photocopy every single piece of paperwork that I've signed so I have a copy too.

I'm sitting tight on the two serious breaches of Data Protection presently but it'll be in the open via a complaint to another body and not to Ingeus themselves when I get the first threat of a sanction.

Overall a waste of time, a waste of tax-payers cash and an organisation comically run. Helping nobody but their own business profit accounts.

Fourth appointment with Ingeus today. A 50 minute job-search on the computer then handed two A4 sheets of paper with two jobs with pretty vague details and hardly any information (a full-time cleaners job & a part-time 16hr job with a dry cleaners) and told to "read and think hard about applying for both these positions."

I reminded my "breakthrough assessor" of the qualifications and experience I have in the actual field of work I had been in and I am currently looking for.

So i'm now getting the "offer any old job laying around" approach so they can cross another person off their list and claim the government cheque and bonus.

Overall, another hours waste of time. Oh and the previous serious data protection breaches are still being breached.

First post so go gentle.

I came across this thread by searching for ways to avoid my WP getting paid should I find work. Lots of mentions all the way through but at page 50 my eyes started to hurt so I thought it best just to post the question.

BTW. Everyone who posted on here this is a fantastic and informative thread and as we are all in the same boat, my thoughts go out to all.

Simple. After 6 months with a of grilling, interrogation, abuse and enough letters to start a barn fire, I decided enough is enough and starting my own business.

But there is NO WAY ON EARTH I am going to give the provider the credit and get payment. I have no issues fobbing them off or ignoring them if they contact, but how can I sign off JSA and guarentee they get NOTHING but I still get my council tax 6 week breather. ?

Thanks in advance

C :-)

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative terms removed.

As far as council tax is concerned, you would have to discuss this with your local council. Start-up businesses rarely show a profit in the first few months of trading, so you'd probably qualify for council tax relief on the grounds of low income - What ever you discuss, make it quite clear to them that you refuse permission to pass any information to the WP provider or the DWP (not that the council should be making contact in the first place).

Any information that you give the DWP/JCP could be passed on to the WP provider, so say nothing when you sign off. Unfortunately, the provider will still get payments due to "off benefits checks" showing that you are no longer claiming JSA - Not much any of us can do about that, but it does make life a little more difficult for the provider.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Spoke with the council and they were great about it and will give me a 6 week run on then 6 monthly reviews. One thought as I will be signing off next week. Has anyone ever put as a reason for signing off something along the grounds of:

"Psychological and systematic abuse by Work Programme Provider on a level par with Guantanamo Bay interrogation techniques".

Just wondered how it would be viewed :wink:

2 posts have been removed from this thread - the first is not the kind of post Consumer Action Group considers suitable for the forum.

The 2nd, by Bullpoofilter because it quoted the original post.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

First post so go gentle.

I came across this thread by searching for ways to avoid my WP getting paid should I find work. Lots of mentions all the way through but at page 50 my eyes started to hurt so I thought it best just to post the question.

BTW. Everyone who posted on here this is a fantastic and informative thread and as we are all in the same boat, my thoughts go out to all.

Simple. After 6 months with a of grilling, interrogation, abuse and enough letters to start a barn fire, I decided enough is enough and starting my own business.

But there is NO WAY ON EARTH I am going to give the provider the credit and get payment. I have no issues fobbing them off or ignoring them if they contact, but how can I sign off JSA and guarentee they get NOTHING but I still get my council tax 6 week breather. ?

Thanks in advance

C :-)

Tell Ingeus and DWP nothing, apart from you no longer need their help, this is what my husband did.

as he didn't want his useless advisor, and i really do mean useless. getting any bonus from him finding his own job.

We both knew he'd get the info he need from DWP, so told neither where his new job was.

Ingeus have emailed and phoned several times asking for said information, and i have replied by telling them they information is no concern of theirs!

I think it runs concurrent to when your claim started i.e if youstarted claiming in March it would be March to March but please do check. Another bit of advice, when completing the JSA28 for sickness take the FULL 14 DAYS as you are not penalised but if you take say 3 days then you don't have 25 left for next claim as one claim for sickness has been used already so with no penalty you may as well take the full 14 - I did when on JSA and only needed 6 days

I think it runs concurrent to when your claim started i.e if youstarted claiming in March it would be March to March but please do check. Another bit of advice, when completing the JSA28 for sickness take the FULL 14 DAYS as you are not penalised but if you take say 3 days then you don't have 25 left for next claim as one claim for sickness has been used already so with no penalty you may as well take the full 14 - I did when on JSA and only needed 6 days

This is correct. If your claim started on, for example, 6th March 2014 you could take two 14 day periods of sickness between that date and the 5th March 2015.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for the help does anybody know the critea you have to fall in with to be placed on the Mandatory work Scheme or work - finish The Work Programme september 2013 and have been doin post work program support since but i signed on today and they said they want me to come to an appointment next week to "review my claim" ith a view to "changing tact" in helping me back to work so my guess is sum sort of forced Labour

TJR JNR

Quite likely that they will impose a Claimant Commitment upon you. Have a read of the info jasta11 linked to in this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?434104-Claimant-Commitment-Agreement-for-everyone-now so that you are briefed on what to expect.

No i already have one of those already my guess its going to be some sort of mandatory voluntary work placement

You mean free slave labour before Xmas to enable the organisation to save money and not hire extra staff for a busy period? Cynical? Moi?

Thanks for the help does anybody know the critea you have to fall in with to be placed on the Mandatory work Scheme or work - finish The Work Programme september 2013 and have been doin post work program support since but i signed on today and they said they want me to come to an appointment next week to "review my claim" ith a view to "changing tact" in helping me back to work so my guess is sum sort of forced Labour

Either that, or they want you to completely lie on your CV in the hope you get work.....they did this to a friend of mine, she was told to change her whole CV and lie about her work history....She refused!

You mean free slave labour before Xmas to enable the organisation to save money and not hire extra staff for a busy period? Cynical? Moi?

Thought so as i already have a new cv done in August and already have a claimant commitment i thought it was only those who finishd the work program after april who went on these mandatory help to work placements?

TJR JNR

Probably be the usual hokum where they repetitively threaten you which is what they claim is support plus increase your targets of what you do to look for work and patronise you

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word.

Either that, or they want you to completely lie on your CV in the hope you get work.....they did this to a friend of mine, she was told to change her whole CV and lie about her work history....She refused!

I was told to 'dumb down' my CV as I had a degree on there, management experience, team leading and recruitment - I also refused, sorry, but I am not dumbing down my CV so you can force me into a minimum wage job, goodbye

Please can someone give me advise

i was on JSA for two years and eventually for a zero hours contract with a company doing Support Work, then because i was on zero contract i still had to sign on JSA, anyway they eventually popped me onto a work programme with Ingeus in Harlow, went there, met an adviser, i explained i was already on a zero hours contract also a single parent and have a disability...she wasnt really interested just told me the things i have to do with them in order to continue getting my benefits with JSA...The adviser couldnt take any credit for my job as I got it long before i was assigned to Ingeus, anyway my hours started to increase to the point where i was earning more than required to be on JSA, ontop of this i have started my own self employed business, which I have registered with HMRC.

I signed off JSA and Ingeus 3 weeks ago and got on with my work......my hours sadly have dropped again with my zero contract company but i am using the time to promote my self employed business, putting in hours and time to get it off the ground.

I am now on working tax credit and child tax credit.

I get an email today from my old adviser at Ingeus to say she had contacted my work to see if i was doing the 16 hours i was originally doing, obviously they said no as i am not now, however, surely she had no right to do that, a breach of confidentiality, I hadnt told my work i was claiming benefits as i felt at the time it didnt need to be known and could conflict with my working hours.

Anyway I have been signed off Ingeus and JSA now for 3 weeks so has she got a right to phone my work without my knowledge and consent? i feel it will have caused me problems as my manager now wishes to see me nxt week.

I have emailed Ingeus stating how i feel harrassed and upset that they would go behind my back and they will get this email on Monday, but can anyone advie me please.

I have no intention if i can help it of going back on JSA or Ingeus as i felt Ingeus were a waste of time and did nothing to help me and i find they whole Ingues system depressing. It has caused me anxiety as i now have to explain myself to my boss about also being self employed.

Had you signed any of the forms Ingeus presented to you ?

Had you given them details of your employer ?

If the answer to the first question is yes, then chances are you signed a consent form that allows Ingeus to do pretty much what they like.

By giving them your employer's details, they could assume "implied consent" and make contact. The best way of dealing with this is to write to both Ingeus and the DWP stating that "consent to contact employers is withdrawn with immediate effect" - It may not prevent further calls, but it does provide a basis for escalating a complaint at a later stage.

Had you signed any of the forms Ingeus presented to you ?

Had you given them details of your employer ?

If the answer to the first question is yes, then chances are you signed a consent form that allows Ingeus to do pretty much what they like.

By giving them your employer's details, they could assume "implied consent" and make contact. The best way of dealing with this is to write to both Ingeus and the DWP stating that "consent to contact employers is withdrawn with immediate effect" - It may not prevent further calls, but it does provide a basis for escalating a complaint at a later stage.

Neither me or my husband gave them any details when we signed off, we just told the JCP we didn't need them anymore. that's all they needed to know!

I was told to 'dumb down' my CV as I had a degree on there, management experience, team leading and recruitment - I also refused, sorry, but I am not dumbing down my CV so you can force me into a minimum wage job, goodbye

Hubby told them the same, they asked him to remove his degree and several management jobs he had done.