• Tweets

• It's Hotpoint (but I believe they're part of the Whirlpool group now?). The part was bought direct from them as a consumer.
    • Thanks BankFodder for your latest, I'm in complete agreement on the subject of mediation and will be choosing to decline mediation, the longer timeline is not an issue for me, I will happily let the going to court run it's course. I really appreciate the support from the Consumer Action Group. I'll post the email text I'm sending to Evri's small claims in answer to their recent defence response. Regards, J    email text I'm sending to Evri's small claims in answer to their recent defence response:  
    • Sec127 (3) repealed, now gone. S. 127(3)-(5) repealed (6.4.2007) by Consumer Credit Act 2006 (c. 14), ss. {15}, 70, 71(2), {Sch. 4} (with Sch. 3 para. 11); S.I. 2007/123, art. 3(2), Sch. 2
    • We used to recommend that people accept mediation but our advice has changed. The mediation process is unclear. Before you can embark on it you have to agree that you are prepared to enter a compromise – and that means that you agree that you are prepared to give up some of your rights even though you are completely in the right and you are entitled to hundred percent of your money and even though EVRi are simply trying to obstruct you in order to discourage you and also to put others who might want to follow your example off from claiming and even though they have a legitimate basis for reimbursement. Mediation is not transparent. In addition to having to sign up that you are prepared to give up some of your rights, you will also have to agree not to reveal any details of the mediation – including the result of the mediation – so that the whole thing is kept secret. This is not open justice. Mediation has nothing to do with justice. The only way of getting justice is to make sure that this matter goes to trial unless EVRi or the other parcel delivery companies put their hands up and accept the responsibility even if they do it is a gesture of goodwill. Going to trial and winning at trial produces a judgement which we can then add to our small collection to assist other people who are in a similar boat. EVRi had been leading you around by the nose since at least January – and probably last year as well – and their whole purpose is simply to drag it out, to place obstacles in your way, to deter other people, and to make you wish that you'd never started the process and that you are prepared to give up your 300 quid. You shouldn't stand for it. You should take control. EVRi would prefer that you went to mediation and if nothing else that is one excellent reason why you should decline mediation and go to court. If it's good for them it's bad for you. On mediation form, you should sign that you are not prepared to compromise and that you are not prepared to keep the result secret but that you want to share the results with other people in similar circumstances. This means that the mediation won't go ahead. It will take slightly longer and you will have to pay a court fee but you will get that back when you win and you will have much greater satisfaction. Also, once you go the whole process, you will learn even more about bringing a small claim in the County Court so that if this kind of thing happens again you will know what to do and you will go ahead without any hesitation. Finally, if you call EVRi's bluff and refuse mediation and go to trial, there is a chance – maybe not a big chance – but there is a chance that they will agree to pay out your claim before trial simply in order to avoid a judgement. Another judgement against them will simply hurt the position even more and they really don't want this. 300 quid plus your costs is peanuts to them. They don't care about it. They will set it off against tax so the taxpayer will make their contribution. It's all about maintaining their business model of not being liable for anything, and limiting or excluding liability contrary to section 57 and section 72 of the consumer rights act.     And incidentally, there is a myth that if you refuse mediation that somehow it will go against you and the judge will take a dim view and be critical of you. This is precisely a myth. It's not true. It would be highly improper if any judge decided the case against you on anything other than the facts and the law of the case. So don't worry about that. The downside of declining mediation is that your case will take slightly longer. The upside is that if you win you will get all your money and you will have a judgement in your favour which will help others. The chances of you winning in this case are better than 95% and of course you would then receive 100% of your claim plus costs
    • Nice to hear a positive story about a company on this form for a change. Thank you
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've reported Cdaylight's post as I am getting rather cross with their 'attitude'... as well as their seemingly lack of insigt, this particular quote - and from somebody who claims to have 'suffered' 2 years at their hands is a bit much - I wonder which employer has the misfortune to have Cdaylight on their books!

Why do you all seem so determined to find any excuse or broken protocol to bring them up on as if you are some sort of chess master? I honestly don't get it. If you don't like WP then get a job.

The WP exist to help people find work - that is what they are there for - but because of the likes of Cdaylight everyone gets tarred with the same 'scrounger' brush, whether you have worked or not.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The WP exist to help people find work

That is what the government and press may tell you. In reality, it is a means for the DWP to distance themselves from sanctions and also an ideologically driven public relations exercise. You only have to look at the experiences of many of the posters here and also the growing number of independent reports to realize that the WP does not provide any help or support. In many cases, the Work Programme is actually worse than doing nothing.

In the final analysis, the Work Programme, like many other government contracts, is simply a means to siphon off money from the public purse and put it in to private hands with little accountability.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

The official WP stats for 2014 show that 7/10 claimants return to the Jobcentre after two years, NO provider has managed to get even 15 percent of claimants into three/six months work after one year on the Programme.

The providers cannot now say "oh well it's early days yet, better results will filter through" because they plainly haven't. The WP is a failure of epic proportions, if it were not propped up by taxpayers cash it would have gone to the wall long ago.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The msin reason for the failure is the one size fits all approach. It should have been kept to claimants with no work experience and those who meeded a prod im the roght direction.

I deeply regretted theor imtrusion into my time and the monitoring of my jon searches.

Yes, god forbid any of you ever used your energy to actually GET a job. Much better to just spend your time being keyboard warriors and bitchin'.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Ingeus as much as the rest of you - I went through two years of their crap. But I understood that if I want the free money then I have to jump through their hoops.

Why do you all seem so determined to find any excuse or broken protocol to bring them up on as if you are some sort of chess master? I honestly don't get it. If you don't like WP then get a job. If you can't get a job then ask yourself why? If it's because you are 'suffering' from 'Anxiety&Depression' then claim ESA and get out. If you can't convince your GP into writing you this New Age 'bad back' sick note, then either sign off or get a job?

Oh how outrageous, how dare I suggest such a thing. No, much better to slag off the system... But take an honest look in the mirror and think whether this negative energy could be better spent turned into a positive energy working for you? Bottom line is if you don't want to sign all the data protection forms, or turn up to interviews where people try to help you find work - then don't. All good. But if you expect money for nothing then, hmmmm, play the game. What's so outrageous about that?

(Either way, don't worry, once 'Antone' gets wind of this post it will be deleted. Just as sure as a DWP mandatory reconsideration. We are not a democracy. No free speech here lol ;)

Personally speaking I'm neither a "scrounger" nor "a keyboard warrior" I'm afraid to say.

I had worked and paid my fair share of tax and National Insurance into the system until my mother took seriously ill and I had to leave a good job to care for her as the "state" to which you seem to be on the side of said that a number of factors and situations regarding looking after my mother would cost them too much. To me, my family came before "the state" so me leaving my employment to care for my mother saved the state a fair whack of cash in the long run. When my mother passed away last year I had no option but to go onto JSA and abide by it's rules and regulations as I look for work. My previous employment had been willing to take me back on my position and salary when I was ready to return to work but unfortunately that very same company no longer exists.

The JSA cash I receive is not "free money" nor do I expect "money for nothing" but since I've paid a fair amount into the system through tax and national insurance for many a year myself I'd like to think that I'm somewhat entitled to a little of it back now that I'm currently looking for employment myself. I've paid into the same system for many a year aren't people like me entitled to some of it back now? Likewise, I've never "suffered from anxiety & depression" I've never claimed ESA and I've never had a doctor write any letter to "screw the system"

What I have written about above is my objection to is having my personal details (and many other people in my particular Ingeus office) subject to Data Protection breaches which after contacting the relevant department who deals with Data Protection breaches, I have a serious case to go forward with.

What I have written about is a private company claiming to "help people back into work" when I've had three appointments so far and haven't even spoken to my "Breakthrough Assessor" apart from perhaps an all in 4/5 minute period over three hours and that was to tell me to change my CV, completely change my career path after 20 odd years of working in my particular field to offer me a completely different, and quite frankly an insulting career path that my "Breakthrough Assessor" just happened to have been sent in an email to her that particular morning.

Perhaps "Cdaylight" should take a look at how Ingeus treats it's own staff by pressuring them for targets and quotas each month. They then turn the fearing for their own jobs and take it out on the people they're there to supposedly help.

All "Cdaylight" needs to do is go to the website glassdoor and put Ingeus into the search bar. You'll be able to read what previous employees have written on Ingeus you'll find these people aren't even properly qualified to guide us in the right direction let alone sit there looking up Pandora jewellery and perfume websites the whole time they are supposed to be helping people back into work while breaching the Data Protection Act on a daily basis.

I've reported Cdaylight's post as I am getting rather cross with their 'attitude'... as well as their seemingly lack of insigt, this particular quote - and from somebody who claims to have 'suffered' 2 years at their hands is a bit much - I wonder which employer has the misfortune to have Cdaylight on their books!

Why do you all seem so determined to find any excuse or broken protocol to bring them up on as if you are some sort of chess master? I honestly don't get it. If you don't like WP then get a job.

The WP exist to help people find work - that is what they are there for - but because of the likes of Cdaylight everyone gets tarred with the same 'scrounger' brush, whether you have worked or not.

I've just sat here chuckling to myself for the last few minutes in the knowledge that while we're all accused of being "keyboard warriors" and "scroungers" and had a stern "naughty step" lecture on "freedom of speech" by someone who admits to, under their own forward "keyboard warrior" approach that somehow we're operating under a different version of "freedom of speech" than they are and that they were once a "scrounger" too.

Just to clarify the matter of "freedom of speech". People do understand, I hope, that "freedom of speech" means that the government can't throw you in jail for saying something it doesn't like. It does not mean that you can say absolutely anything you like anywhere you like without reaction or consequence. If, for example, you were in my living room and started making racist remarks, I would ask you to shut up or leave and my doing so would not infringe your freedom of speech. Similarly, if you walked into a church during a service and started singing Led Zeppelin songs at the top of your lungs, their insisting that you shut up or leave would not violate your free speech.

CAG is private property, and we have rules about what you may or may not say. These rules are not arbitrary and are not enforced capriciously. One thing that violates them is coming onto this forum attempting to stir up **** under the ludicrously transparent guise of "being helpful".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I wonder if the recent troll would of played ball and not resisted if this country had lost world war 2 and fallen under occupation

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Just noticed I have 4 lights on my profile now - woo hoo!

Check your User CP link to see who has added to your reputation. :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I think some of Zeppelin's quieter compositions would be very fitting for a church, Ozzy's Bloodbath in Paradise, or Mr Crowley however...

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I wonder if the recent troll would of played ball and not resisted if this country had lost world war 2 and fallen under occupation

I suppose that would depend on whether or not he got to keep the caravan.

Ah, Slade..my fave band of all time (showing my age here). I used to wear 4" platform soled shoes, black with a white star on the side back in the glam 70's - and that was when I worked in a DHSS central office too.

Still have a thing for Suzi Quatro (but then what guy doesn't?) :)

Genesis, early Peter Gabriel always been my favourite. 'Lion lies down on Broadway' especially. ;)

Sorry to those of you who misinterpreted what I said. For the record I'm not a 'troll' but it's your right to see me how you want if it makes you sleep easier.

My point was that of course Ingeus/A4e/Seetec are filled with cretins who are trying to meet targets, but some of them are just trying to get through the day doing there best. Same as you or I did when we had jobs. It's seems too many people on here have been dealt a bum hand (for whatever reason) and are now lashing out looking for someone to blame. WP is easy target to blame.

But we only get on work programme after a whole 365 days of signing on (unless rules have changed?) So, if you can't find a job to avoid it then maybe you DO need help? It's easy to just give up and say 'Oh I feel sad and nervous thinking about my life' so let's claim ESA with Anxiety & Depression and avoid the whole sh*tstorm.

Fair enough. But I imagine the people who are struggling with oxygen masks and cancer being denied a spare room to store their stuff might feel a bit aggrieved there's not enough money left because you can't 'man-up' and face the unfairness of the world like we all must?

See it is trolling if you must, but I hand on heart mean no malice or make personal attacks at anyone. I got through two years at Ingeus and hated it. But I got through it by realising what they wanted. All these Data Protection issues, or letters worded wrongly so I don't have to go: 'oh I won't sign a form in case the CIA kick down my door down' or 'I'm going to wear a tinfoil hat because you sent me a letter without an EU symbol at the top', etc....

I mean, really? Of course none of us have to engage with WP or even turn up to sign on. No one is forcing us. BUT... like with any job, if you want the money you have to play by their rules. Simples.

(PS, respect due to you Antone for not just deleting my previous post because it hit a nerve with a few regulars).

Slade is good for cheesy xmas music now

WP was supposedly to help get people into work but failed to achieve target yet allowed to go on, each provider learned that more profit is made from pointless courses and getting a group in for jobsearch that they can mostly probably do at home with a tutor who is often doing their own work anyway.

Wth the amount looking for work it's a challenge to put it mildly but it's easier for the media and IDS etc to keep this scrounger narrative going then to admit there simply isn't enough jobs for everyone and that they can't persuade companies to give people a chance. Free money etc is part of the narrative that has been created

Well, after 10 months with these buffoons I can finally say goodbye to their pointless appointments and inane courses as I have finally secured employment. Truly pee'd off my advisor as the position I am starting is quite a fair bit more lucrative than her salary (I know this as was actually interviewed for an advisor position earlier this year). She asked me if i'd like to ring the bell to tell everyone i'd got a job but told her that as i'd got this one all on my own felt no need to boost their egos thinking they had a part of it.

Well, after 10 months with these buffoons I can finally say goodbye to their pointless appointments and inane courses as I have finally secured employment. Truly pee'd off my advisor as the position I am starting is quite a fair bit more lucrative than her salary (I know this as was actually interviewed for an advisor position earlier this year). She asked me if i'd like to ring the bell to tell everyone i'd got a job but told her that as i'd got this one all on my own felt no need to boost their egos thinking they had a part of it.

Hi dogtanian,congrats on your new job,if u don't mind me being nosy,how much do advisors get compared to jobseekers.

if you don't mind me being nosy,how much do advisors get compared to jobseekers.

Simple, look at their recruitment page. One example:

Job Title: Sales Advisor - Ingeus Training

Region: North East

Vacancy Location(s): Sunderland

Salary: £17,100 - £21,960 per annum

Closing Date: 30/09/2014

Job Description: Ingeus Training is part of Ingeus. We have enabled 40,000 individuals to gain qualifications and supported over 200,000 into suitable, sustainable employment. What’s more, we’ve been placed in the Sunday Times ‘Best 100 Companies to Work For’ list for the last five years. Working for Ingeus gives you the opportunity to help change people’s lives for the better – and to be part of a company that support its teams to achieve their goals.

An "employment adviser" can expect £24,585 - £29,895 if work in the Leeds/Bradford area or £22,550 to £29,895 per annum up in Scotland.

Congratulations on the job..... hopefully, it will offer a stepping stone to something more robust, and allow you to make productive use of your skills. However, this could be a case of being creative on the part of Ingeus, offering a job to someone being on the Work Programme, and claiming a bung from the taxpayer for every 4 weeks that they keep them on.

Of course, other candidates in your position may not be as desperate as yourself, would be more discerning in their choice of employer, and would not touch the sub-prime Welfare To Work Sector with a barge pole.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional information

Good morning all

I apoligise if this is in the wrong place or i should have created another thread.

I attended Ingeus Monday just gone, i have never signed any documents with them regarding the waiver, but i did email them my CV and gave them my email address.

There was a job i was interested in and i asked if they could give me the details so that i could apply for the job myself, they said they cant do this and i need to be referred by them, i said ok thinking i would be contacted by the employer with more information. That was the end of the appointment. Yesterday i received an email saying congratulations i have a work trial starting next Monday.

I was not asked by the advisor if i would be intrested in a work trial for this job. I am not sure what to do as the job sounds ok, but it seems like its just been pushed onto me, it would have been nice to ask me first if i would have been interested in a work trial for that job.

My question is what would happen if i declined the work trial and just asked to be put forward for the job, as in i would prefer to apply for the job myself.

Thanks

How long does the "work trial" last for ?

Are you assured of a job at the end of it if the employer likes you ?

Are your travel & other out of pocket expenses paid for (and if so, by whom) ?

Does this employer have a reputation of taking on people on "work trials" or "work experience" only to say "no thanks" at the end ?

Should you find the "job" is not for you, what penalties would you incur by leaving before the end of the "work trial" ?

I'd suggest seeking answers to the above questions before you can make an informed decision. I'd also recommend berating the "adviser" concerned for organising this "work trial" without your consent.

One thing in your favour is the notification by email does not constitute a valid Mandatory Activity Notice, so it is up to you if you wish to ignore it. However, it may be worth turning up on Monday if it is an employer you would like to work for - Just remember to ask questions about working hours, breaks, pay scales & dates, along with the usual H&SE questions.